Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock continued to play down Cardiff City's chances

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:47 am

Neil Warnock tempers Cardiff City promotion expectation despite superb 3-1 win at Brentford -

Wednesday 14th March 2018

Neil Warnock continued to play down Cardiff City's chances of automatic promotion, despite a sensational 3-1 win at Brentford.

But Warnock, despite some exuberant celebrations with the visiting Bluebirds after the win, is keeping a cool head.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"We don’t get carried away because if you do, you get kicked in the teeth in the Championship," he said.

"I am not confident of anything in this league because we have some difficult games coming up."

“All the boys are enjoying it. They know that all the pressure is on the big clubs because of the expectation on their players.”

The comeback triumph helped Cardiff stretch their winning run to seven matches and they have now scored eight in their last three.

“To win seven on the trot is a great feeling," added Warnock.

“In December I thought we’d never win another game because we lost four on the trot, but this is amazing.

“We showed great character after going one down but that’s what (the players) are like. They are together with great spirit, and long may it continue.”

Warnock also admitted the Bluebirds had been shaken by Brentford's fast start, Maupay enjoying a huge chance in the first minute and burying one beyond Neil Etheridge soon after.

“That is the first time we’ve come across a team as good as that. In the first 10 minutes I thought they were brilliant.

“But we gradually got into it. We knew we had to work harder than we’ve ever had to before to match their movement and passing. After 20 minutes we got a grip and looked dangerous every time we went forward.

“Everyone put a shift in tonight but now it’s on to the next game."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.