Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vinnie Jones says what needed to be said Jamie Carragher

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:19 am

Vinnie Jones has now had his say about the Jamie Carragher spitting incident

Wednesday 14th March 2018

Jamie Carragher is currently in hot water after a shocking spitting incident which has seen him make the front page of several British tabloid newspapers this morning.

You’ve probably all seen the footage by now.

Carragher is filmed spitting at a Manchester United fan, whose 14-year-old daughter was in the same car, as he drove home after Liverpool’s 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon.

The Liverpool legend had been on punditry duty for Sky Sports when he was spotted by the United fan and goaded over the full-time result.

But his uncharacteristic reaction has understandably been condemned as disgusting and totally out of order.

Video: The incident

You can watch the shocking footage here…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=193917 :o

Carragher tweeted after the story was published

Shortly after the Mirror published the story on Sunday evening, Carragher tweeted: “Totally out of order & Ive apologised personally to all the family this evening. I was goaded 3/4 times along the motorway while being filmed & lost my rag. No excuse apologies.”

Vinnie Jones says what needed to be said

However, footballer-turned-movie star Vinnie Jones isn’t buying Carragher’s excuses, labelling his actions ‘cowardly’ during an interview with talkSPORT this morning.

"It is cowardly," the former Wimbledon and Chelsea midfielder said. "How has the lad driving it not driven after Jamie, rammed him, dragged him out of the car and beat seven... you know what I mean.

"If someone spat at my daughter sitting in the car, I would have been after them."

"There is no sitting on the fence here, Jamie is down the road - down the Job Centre tomorrow.

"Spitting at 14-year-olds through a window? He is presenting on the TV. For Christ's sake, he is supposed to be one of the top men.

"You can't condone that whatsoever. It is filth, it is absolute filth."

It’s impossible to argue with any of that.

Carragher is just fortunate that the bloke and girl he spat at wasn’t someone with a fuse as short as Jones’s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Vinnie Jones says what needed to be said Jamie Carragher

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:24 am

Yes Vinnie.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:48 am

Always liked Vinnie, met him in the Fontana Di Trevi many years ago with Gary Speed, not the best footballer but made the most of his ability in a time when a football hardman was just that and not the type to spit at teenagers.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:49 am

All very true and relevant.. however coming Vinnie Jones whose behaviour in public has left a lot to be desired over many,many years is a bit tasteless

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:05 pm

Carragher should be arrested and charged with assault aswell. Digusting

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:18 pm

What an idiot.

Vinnie Jones taking the moral high ground.. I’ve heard it all now.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:25 pm

englishbluebird wrote:Carragher should be arrested and charged with assault aswell. Digusting

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:26 pm

People are going way over the top with this.

If the guy had been in the street shouting 2-1 2-1 2-1 at him and he'd punched him then people would've defended Jamie...
:banghead: :banghead:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:30 pm

englishbluebird wrote:Carragher should be arrested and charged with assault aswell. Digusting

That is a possibility but you have to wonder why the Manchester United fan isn't being arrested for driving whilst using his mobile phone to film Carragher's reaction? Personally I find that just as disgusting.

As for the incident it is obviously out of order and JC can't possibly return to Sky as a pundit.

That said the fella has apologised and made no excuses or tried to blamed anyone else. Losing his job in that case is punishment enough.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:34 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:People are going way over the top with this.

If the guy had been in the street shouting 2-1 2-1 2-1 at him and he'd punched him then people would've defended Jamie...

You can't trivialise spiting and it did hit the Man United fan's daughter.

He deserves to go through the wringer for a week or to learn his lesson. Once that's out of the way it should be forgotten especially as he has accepted full responsibility and made no excuses.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

He deserves to go through the wringer for a week or to learn his lesson. Once that's out of the way it should be forgotten especially as he has accepted full responsibility and made no excuses.

Looked to me that it flew down the road :?
Spitting at someone is disgusting but there are a lot worse people have done.
What about Evra kicking that bloke in head ? people laughed at that and that can cause serious damage.
spit is spit - its wrong and he's admitted it, we all make mistakes.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:50 pm

What kind of idiot would punch someone for saying 2-1, 2-1 . Plus whats so funny about spitting on someone. Disgusting and cowardly

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:52 pm

englishbluebird wrote:What kind of idiot would punch someone for saying 2-1, 2-1 . Plus whats so funny about spitting on someone. Disgusting and cowardly

Have you ever been to a football match? People get punched for doing f**k all...
Stop living under a rock.
These things happen and people need to get over it. More important things to worry about in life :banghead:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:55 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

What about Evra kicking that bloke in head ? people laughed at that and that can cause serious damage.

It has been reported in the media that some hit the drivers daughter who I think was in the backseat.

Spit can contain infectious viral and bacterial microbes which can transfer serious illness such as HIV, Hepatitis B & C, Cytomegalovirus, Glandular fever, Colds and Influenza which can cause serious life threatening or life long conditions for those who get infected. In other words just as potentially dangerous as 'kicking some in the head'

I don't buy the logic that Evra's awful behaviour is an excuse to turn a blind eye to Carragher's behaviour which fell below the expected standards.

That said I agree that he has fully apologised and after a week or so of condemnation the matter should be forgotten although he should not return as a Sky pundit.

My final point is about the Manchester United fan and why he is not being pursued for using a mobile phone whilst driving?

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Would they :roll:

Would you feel the same if the girl he spat at was a member of your family?

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 pm

It has been reported in the media that some hit the drivers daughter who I think was in the backseat.

Spit can contain infectious viral and bacterial microbes which can transfer serious illness such as HIV, Hepatitis B & C, Cytomegalovirus, Glandular fever, Colds and Influenza which can cause serious life threatening or life long conditions for those who get infected. In other words just as potentially dangerous as 'kicking some in the head'

I don't buy the logic that Evra's awful behaviour is an excuse to turn a blind eye to Carragher's behaviour which fell below the expected standards.

That said I agree that he has fully apologised and after a week or so of condemnation the matter should be forgotten although he should not return as a Sky pundit.

My final point is about the Manchester United fan and why he is not being pursued for using a mobile phone whilst driving?

Did you google that mate!? :laughing6:
Its wrong i'm not denying it. its just going way over the top for me.

I think his daughter was in the front with the seat rolled back ( that's what I read anyway )
The bloke using the phone should get more of a punishment than Carra IMO

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 pm

englishbluebird wrote:What kind of idiot would punch someone for saying 2-1, 2-1 . Plus whats so funny about spitting on someone. Disgusting and cowardly

Have you ever been to a football match? People get punched for doing f**k all...
These things happen and people need to get over it. More important things to worry about in life :banghead:

I suppose if you haven't been spat at then you might not appreciate that it is something to worry about. :roll:

It is a legitimate news item and everyone is entitled to an opinion. Must believe JC was totally out of order and should not return as a Sky pundit.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:00 pm

Its not at a football match though is it? You've seen the video right? Plus I'm not worried about it at all, just commenting on a Football forum. Thanks for your concern though.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Police have mentioned this and he could face sanctions using mob in car ! Serves him right if does so as it was his goading that's caused the problem in 1st place. :thumbup:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:01 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Would they :roll:

Would you feel the same if the girl he spat at was a member of your family?

I'd be fuming in all fairness but id give the bloke a clip. its nothing to do with his job and I don't think it warrants an arrest.
People will say he's in the public eye he should set and example blah blah blah.
People have done far worse - lets leave it at that.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Police have mentioned this and he could face sanctions using mob in car ! Serves him right if does so as it was his goading that's caused the problem in 1st place. :thumbup:

some sense.... :thumbright:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:02 pm

englishbluebird wrote:

Its not at a football match though is it? You've seen the video right? Plus I'm not worried about it at all, just commenting on a Football forum. Thanks for your concern though.

You're right, i'm wrong - there you go mate.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:08 pm

I think his daughter was in the front with the seat rolled back ( that's what I read anyway )

Honestly your sense of humour is very weird :roll:

Wherever the daughter was sat is not the point. Spitting can hit anyone it is aimed at and potentially cause serious illness as well as being socially unacceptable. You seemed to be comparing it with Evra kicking someone in the head which you inferred was a lot worse. Evra's previous behaviour is no excuse to ignore Carrargher's spitting especially as he holds an influential job with Sky where he may have to comment on such behaviour by players on the pitch.

He will face condemnation for the next week and then some other talking point will take over and this will be forgotten especially if Sky sack him which is almost certain.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:10 pm

you may trivialise the spitting but im sure there are some people on this board who remember the police officer who died after we played torquay away in the seventies after being spat on by a Cardiff fan. in fact they made an appeal for the fan to come forward as he was obviously carrying some sort of virus himself which could endanger his life

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

One point we can agree on :D

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:16 pm

steve davies wrote:

you may trivialise the spitting but im sure there are some people on this board who remember the police officer who died after we played torquay away in the seventies after being spat on by a Cardiff fan. in fact they made an appeal for the fan to come forward as he was obviously carrying some sort of virus himself which could endanger his life

I've never heard of this story ( not disputing it )

It surely has to be a slim chance of this happening. I've said spitting at someone is disgusting I just think its gone over the top.
The guy has been suspended and he's apologised, apart from sacking him there's nothing more to be done really.

In all honesty I've never thought of the consequences as its not something I would do :thumbright:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

:laughing6: :thumbup:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Good :thumbup: at end of day this bloke chose to put video out there to get carrhagar into trouble which he's done but by same token he broke the law! Now both could face prosecution ,police say carrhagar faces possible charges if so the bloke as to as well ! Also bloke as been threatened because his name is in public domain (that's wrong) but his own fault again? Maybe now people will think twice about setting up people on social networks. :old:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:35 pm

steve davies wrote:

It surely has to be a slim chance of this happening. I've said spitting at someone is disgusting I just think its gone over the top.
The guy has been suspended and he's apologised, apart from sacking him there's nothing more to be done really.

In all honesty I've never thought of the consequences as its not something I would do :thumbright:

http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=6033

found the story for you although I dispute the on the rampage comment we were just rearranging the décor of the town centre

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:38 pm

steve davies wrote:
steve davies wrote:

http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=6033

found the story for you although I dispute the on the rampage comment we were just rearranging the décor of the town centre

Mental that ! :thumbright: