Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WARNOCK AND HIS TROJANS : Is it possible for a team in the

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:18 am

My View:

WARNOCK AND HIS TROJANS :

Is it possible for a team in the Championship to have 8 wins on the trot ?

The answer is NO ! But then try telling this to Warnock and his Trojans . // There are 3 salient points I like to make :

(1) EXPERIENCE : The average age of their expected starting line-up is 29 (compared to our 27) . So two experienced sides with Derby having a slight advantage. However with age - stamina & mobility are reduced so we have a slight advantage. Even Steven there.

(2) BENCH : I am surprised that their bench is way below what you expect from a team aspiring promotion. They have no "game changers". Of the 7 on the bench only 1 (Cameron Jerome) stands out (to replace Nugent - so like for like). The other 6 are not regulars and none have played many games. Our bench is very potent. So advantage Bluebirds.

(3) VYDRA -INJURIES : Derby have 4 injured players who would otherwise have been in the team. I mention Joe Ledley & Metej Vydra. Both of them are either fit or near fit - but will they be match fit to take part? // With Huddlestone out Ledley is the obvious replacement & both he and their managemer will be keen for him to start. // However Vydra's participation is far more important to Derby. He is their ace to win games. So will they - won't they play is an important question. //

CONCLUSION: A tight close gane that I think we can win - but the bookies say different and winning 8 in a row is not possible - but don't say that to Bamba or any of the TROJANS because you will get "clocked". :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WARNOCK AND HIS TROJANS : Is it possible for a team in t

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:16 am

Yes we can win most definitely,anyone would be a fool to say we can’t.As much as I would love to get 8 wins on the bounce I believe avoid defeat is much more important.
Exciting times.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:20 am

I said before last nights game that we will beat Derby and I am confident we can put a nail in their play off coffin.

Can't stand Derby or Rowett for that matter.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Two horse race between evenly matched sides so a City win is at least a 33% possibility and probably a lot higher because we go into this game full of confidence.

Therefore we very much have a chance of making it 8 in a row :occasion5:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:22 pm

Derby no win in 7.
City won last 7.

Let's hope that sequence goes up to 8!

Love to shut that Rowett up after moaning that Derby should have won at CCS earlier this season.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:55 pm

We will beat the wannabe Sheepshaggers no problem