Western mail reporters are just woeful

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Danny Says » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:50 am

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... y-14407280

This guy Booth is a joke. To attribute the City win in part to luck is an insult as well as totally inaccurate. :banghead:

The WM has never properly replaced Karl Woodward.

The ratings are also inaccurate as mentioned in an earlier post.
Danny Says

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Western mail reporters are just woeful

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:38 am

Danny Says wrote:https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentford-1-3-cardiff-city-14407280

This guy Booth is a joke. To attribute the City win in part to luck is an insult as well as totally inaccurate. :banghead:

The WM has never properly replaced Karl Woodward.

The ratings are also inaccurate as mentioned in an earlier post.

What a clown this guy is. I actually felt we shaded the first half overall and we deserved to go in ahead with all the saves the Brentford keeper had to make and the clearances off the line. As soon as we went 3-1 up, we managed the game well. We dropped a bit deeper and allowed Brentford to have the ball a bit more to come at us, but we stayed organised, soaked up the pressure and could have easily got a fourth goal on the break.

Yes, Brentford had a few chances, but so did we. The stats show Brentford had 6 shots on target and we had 9 shots on target. The Brentford keeper was clearly the busiest. For Booth to suggest we were lucky to win although we had the most shots on target is absolutely insane. We deservedly won and we could have easily won by a few more.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby since64 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Do the Western Mail still cover soccer?,didn’t know that I’m shocked ;)
since64

Postby Danny Says » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:58 pm

since64 wrote:Do the Western Mail still cover soccer?,didn’t know that I’m shocked ;)

Are we in USA :roll:
Danny Says

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:43 pm

I posted this on another thread yesterday. What ever happened to Steve Tucker? I used to enjoy him and Blakey's banter. The ratings are a joke though.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby since64 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:00 pm

Danny Says wrote:
since64 wrote:Do the Western Mail still cover soccer?,didn’t know that I’m shocked ;)

No Wales mun,but like the US of A the western mail rugger lot also refer to the beautiful game as soccer,guess l shouldn’t try irony sorry :roll:
since64

Postby llangainbluebird » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:08 pm

since64 wrote:
Danny Says wrote:

No Wales mun,but like the US of A the western mail rugger lot also refer to the beautiful game as soccer,guess l shouldn’t try irony sorry :roll:

No need to apologise, we know what you meant. The Western Mail might as well be called the Egg Chasers' Gazette. I'd be too embarrassed to buy it in a shop, but saw today's round my sister's house. The report on last night's game is appalling. Either the hack doesn't understand football, or he's deliberately trying to wind us up.
llangainbluebird

Postby oxfordblue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:36 pm

What game was he watching,the Brentford goalie made 4 excellent saves and they cleared the ball of the line twice, so Neil Etheridge had to make an early save, at what point did we ride our luck and a rating of 5 for Morrison is ridiculous.
oxfordblue

Postby Welshman in CA » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:58 pm

They can give the whole team a 1 as far as I'm concerned, meaningless at the end of the day.
Welshman in CA

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:18 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:They can give the whole team a 1 as far as I'm concerned, meaningless at the end of the day.

Right enough. These marks in the papers are just one person's opinions, and like you say are meaningless as the only thing that counts is the result. I pay far more attention to how the members of this forum see things, and even then it's only a bit of fun, it has no bearing on the next match which is always the most important. I had a glance at the Brentford m.o.m thread on here, and I think the scores on there were a fair reflection of the game, and a lot more accurate than this reporter's views.
Steve Zodiak

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:27 pm

I guess the point is some people read that nonsense and believe it, same shit city not going down there.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat