Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do we really play ugly football

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Cause quite frankly some of our play is lovely at times, some of our goals aren't always flash but we do score some lovely goals from link up play.

A lot of teams are jealous of us

Re: Do we really play ugly football

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:16 pm

I love ugly football :thumbup:

How Swansea fans can watch that passing the ball along the half way line for hours on end just to keep procession is beyond me.

I'm 100% with the 'Warnock way' in getting the ball forward as quickly as possible and then pressing and chasing the opposition's back four.

I've always said exciting football is played in the penalty areas not the centre circles.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I love ugly football :thumbup:

How Swansea fans can watch that passing the ball along the half way line for hours on end just to keep procession is beyond me.

I'm 100% with the 'Warnock way' in getting the ball forward as quickly as possible and then pressing and chasing the opposition's back four.

I've always said exciting football is played in the penalty areas not the centre circles.

Tony, Another thing we agree on.

Its the most entertaining football I've seen at city and i'm loving this season :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:34 pm

Im with warnock aswell love the style of play getting the ball forward faster creating more chances rather than pussy footing around passing in your own half

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:34 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I love ugly football :thumbup:

Tony, Another thing we agree on.

Its the most entertaining football I've seen at city and i'm loving this season :ayatollah:

Wouldn't say entertaining more like frustrating at times, but we do score some great team goals that's for sure :thumbup:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:41 pm

It can be ugly yes but we can also play some decent stuff. The difference is we can mix it up when we need to and that's why we are doing well. Others like Brentford only know one way to play and then struggle.

Its probably the most entertaining, similar to Malkys promotion season although that felt a bit more defensive. the way we play in the final third is very enjoyable to watch.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:44 pm

Is it ugly if it wins games?

I've watched us all season and I think we play some good stuff, we just don't play tappy-tappy and go nowhere like some teams.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:45 pm

T1JMO wrote:Is it ugly if it wins games?

I've watched us all season and I think we play some good stuff, we just don't play tappy-tappy and go nowhere like some teams.

This^^^ we don't mess about with the ball.
Get it up there and get a shot in.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It can be ugly yes but we can also play some decent stuff. The difference is we can mix it up when we need to and that's why we are doing well. Others like Brentford only know one way to play and then struggle.

Its probably the most entertaining, similar to Malkys promotion season although that felt a bit more defensive. the way we play in the final third is very enjoyable to watch.

Couldn't agree more mate with top statement but couldn't stand negative football Malky adopted, didn't like the guy either so probably why I disliked it :laughing5:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:16 pm

Play to your strengths of your squad and warnock has done it brilliant. If etheridge can work on his distribution in the summer we could get it forward even quicker. Not knocking him he's been great

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:45 pm

I love the brand of football we play it's pro active when needed and like 2b said similar to Malky but feel like we have strikers who can score goals and proper wingers who get in on the act as well.

I remember a few saying v Millwall away we weren't the best where I thought what game were they watching because we went to a difficult place and took the sting out of them and played some lovely stuff and looked comfortable for most parts.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:47 pm

I only think it was ugly from late November to early January when we started struggling for form. The Preston game was an absolute disgrace in terms of football to be honest, no confidence to actually do anything with the ball. I just remember every time Bamba got the ball he aimlessly smashed it forward. But otherwise we don't keep the ball but we're so dangerous on the break and from set pieces.