Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Callum Paterson “

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Warnock’s best signing for us?

Was injured for the first part of the season, and injured when we signed him. Hearts fans rated him highly but he started slowly, didn’t offer too much in his first few games.

Now we know that was just down to fitness.

When fit, he has to be one of the first names on the team sheet. Definitely capable of playing regularly in the Premier League. If he doesn’t get there with us, I’m certain he’ll be signed by a Premier League club at some point in the future.

What a signing.

Re: “ Callum Paterson “

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Agreed, he was also shoehorned onto the right wing for a while from Barnsley-Reading and he looked really quite ineffectual there. But since his move inside he's been brilliant.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:50 pm

Well said. Needs to sort out his goal celebration though.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Absolute class full of Energy and warnock has got him in midfield so he is far more effective than full back

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:07 pm

I think he is certainly the most inspired signing. Incredible potential. Best signing is a coin flip between Bamba and hoilett for me. Bamba is incredible at the back and has been a rock with Morrison who has been morphed from a poor signing to indispensable. Hoilett however is incredible at the other end of the pitch. He is dangerous. He takes players on. Scored and provides. All while tracking back to cover his defensive duties. Terrific player. I think our progress has a huge amount due to the form and fitness of those 2

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:08 pm

If he's not careful he will become the new Kevin McNaughton In the fans hearts.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:11 pm

welshrarebit wrote:I think he is certainly the most inspired signing. Incredible potential. Best signing is a coin flip between Bamba and hoilett for me. Bamba is incredible at the back and has been a rock with Morrison who has been morphed from a poor signing to indispensable. Hoilett however is incredible at the other end of the pitch. He is dangerous. He takes players on. Scored and provides. All while tracking back to cover his defensive duties. Terrific player. I think our progress has a huge amount due to the form and fitness of those 2

Hoiletts side foot pass for the second last night. Pure class. You don't see many wingers do that when in a crossing position.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Etheridge is becoming as vital as anyone.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Calum is a hoss, works his arse off all match, hell of a tank on him and can see he really loves football, long may it continue.

What a signing :bluescarf:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:52 pm

I think we genuinely have a player that’s going to have a big price tag, great piece of business by Warnock.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:50 pm

Great player had a feeling he would come good well done Warnock.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:39 pm

He's a class act that lad.

Best goal celebrations in the world at the moment and quite rightly trending socially.

We have to get the Fortnite dances going on Sunday on the concourse before the game. And I'm an old git. For those who don't know here's a link but if your an old fart like me and were about the night clubs in the 80's rhen you will be a natural. As long as your knees don't give out!

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFR/statu ... twterm%5E3

https://youtu.be/ab7GDxtSYdU

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Callum lets have a worm next......

Cheers grange end, didn't have got a clue what the heck he is doing

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:16 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Callum lets have a worm next......

Cheers grange end, didn't have got a clue what the heck he is doing

No worries mate. My lad plays the game and otherwise I would be clueless. I may try The Worm on Sunday as I was a dab hand at it 30 odd years ago but I fear I may now rupture a pile.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:05 am

Flapper next please cal. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:19 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:He's a class act that lad.

Best goal celebrations in the world at the moment and quite rightly trending socially.

We have to get the Fortnite dances going on Sunday on the concourse before the game. And I'm an old git. For those who don't know here's a link but if your an old fart like me and were about the night clubs in the 80's rhen you will be a natural. As long as your knees don't give out!

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFR/statu ... twterm%5E3

https://youtu.be/ab7GDxtSYdU

Thanks for posting the links GES, I do an amalagamation of all those dances at the same time on a Saturday night after a City win. Normally followed by collapsing in a drunken heap. :bluebird:

I had no idea what the hell he was doing so thanks for clearing that up.

Can we have the Flapper next please Callum? :notworthy:

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:19 am

Neil etheridge for me

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTdXBy4qCJs

Some of his celebrations at Hearts. Enjoy Callum, we really miss him. :occasion5:

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Jambo wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTdXBy4qCJs

Some of his celebrations at Hearts. Enjoy Callum, we really miss him. :occasion5:

He's the real deal mate. Thanks for the cheap sale :laughing6:

I'm sure there is a big sell on clause for Hearts though and I can't see him staying passed his contract. :thumbright:

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:21 pm

Danny Says wrote:Etheridge is becoming as vital as anyone.

Agree a player that is getting better all the time

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:01 pm

Callum Paterson - The new Kevin Nolan

Hell of a player

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:05 pm

The Compactor wrote:Callum Paterson - The new Kevin Nolan

Hell of a player

was speaking about paterson to an everton-supporting friend of mine and said he reminds me a lot of tim cahill

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:20 pm

Yes definetly a Kevin Nolan type player. Has been unbelievable for us to be fair, an absolute work horse with a brilliant footballing brain

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Be a great signing Ethridge as well. But the best Hoilet by some distance