Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VINCE ALM: NEIL WARNOCK/TEAM & NEARLY 3,000 CiITY FANS

Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:08 pm

VINCE ALM;

Neil Warnock, the team, and the first team coaches pulled off another hard fought victory last night at Griffin Park after nearly being blown away in the first 10 minutes. Yet again the players and coaching staff didn't panic, made a few tweaks to keep Morrison and Bamba more central and in turn they picked up the spare Brentford midfielder bursting through the middle for the remainder of the game. This allowed the full backs opposite to the side Brentford were attacking to hold position and mark the player that was previously finding themselves in acres of space.

The movement in the first 10 minutes of play reminded me of Bournemouth midfield when they went up, which was very good as they shifted the ball quickly back and forth across the 18 yard box, selling dummies to all our defenders dragging the full back out of position and leaving a wide player free to run in on goal, after being put through from a central player with all the defence across one.

Yet again they found a way to deal with it and by the end of the half we were in front 2.1 and unlucky not to have at least another one from Mendez laing! The team ground out another win wasn't pretty at times, but we are all experienced to know this is how you get out of this division. We have had the quality players in the past and failed at the final hurdle, you cannot always play your fancy Dan football at this stage of the season its all about the grind, and we are well in the groove of grinding out results.

Another word of praise to our fantastic away following who stuck behind the team, and didn't stop singing even when we went one down, first class ladies and gentlemen first class! So pleased for them all good following considering midweek after that quick turnaround.

See you all at Derby for cup final Number 4 I believe the last 700 tickets are in which should take sales close to 3000 if we sell them all £10 each we have put extra coaches on with CCSC if you are stuck for travel 12 midday kick off. Bluebirds

Re: VINCE ALM: NEIL WARNOCK/TEAM & NEARLY 3,000 CiITY FANS

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:01 pm

I booked on, haven't done an away since Bristol in 2016. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Fair few of that last 700 have gone already.

Big ask to sell the rest in 3 days, but the phone has been very busy with people wanting to book on and the 2nd coach is almost full now too

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:23 pm

2,500 tickets now sold :bluebird:

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:2,500 tickets now sold :bluebird:

2,501 now!! Just got mine. Not May left tho according to ticket office :bluescarf: