Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Madine has worked wonders for Ken

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:41 pm

Seems the signing of GM, sparked life into Ken, maybe a coincidence but from the day GM signed Ken has recaptured his form of the beginning of last year, I know Ken also had that foot injury. Long may it continue, great to have someone like Madine to come on against tired defences also, or the other way around! :bluescarf:

Re: Madine has worked wonders for Ken

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Awfully expensive kick up the ass

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:06 am

paulh_85 wrote:Awfully expensive kick up the ass

Or a bargain if we are promoted

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:14 am

Madine is almost certainly going to play a major role in the run in

He's an excellent option off the bench and wouldn't be surprised if he starts a few games to give Ken a breather

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:53 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

He's an excellent option off the bench and wouldn't be surprised if he starts a few games to give Ken a breather

Yeah he's the perfect man to close games out and keep Ken fresh. :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:36 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

i dont see it personally but ill be more than happy if he turns out ok

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:39 am

paulh_85 wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:

i dont see it personally but ill be more than happy if he turns out ok

I tend to agree with you but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Would be nice to see Madine score a goal.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:50 pm

When the ball gets played up to Madine, he doesn't lose it. His hold up play with his back to goal is as good as I've ever seen from any City striker. He's already got a few assists and he more than did his bit against Bristol City, softening Flint up. He suits our playing style perfectly in getting it forward quick, as he's so good at holding the ball up and bringing Hoilett, Mendez-Laing etc into play. The majority of his game time with us has been with a broken nose as well. I'm sure Madine will chip in with a few goals, he's going to be crucial for us.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:53 pm

It was a kick up the backside but also allowed Zohore to get a rest which he clearly needed after his injury. He probably came back to soon. He has been excellent lately though.