Remaining games

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Remaining games

Postby keano » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:07 am

Who do you reckon got the hardest remaining games us wolves or villa we got really hard games coming up
keano

Remaining games

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Remaining games

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:15 am

Us 100%
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby keano » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:17 am

Looking at it definitely I think
keano

Postby Wayne S » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:03 pm

Now bear with me here........

If you tally up the league positions of all the teams we have to play you get a number that, in simple terms, the lower the harder the games.

Home games are perceived as easier so to show this double the league position of the teams played.

I'm no stat genius but thought this would give a scientific (not) way of looking at it.

So with that in mind and remembering the lowest number is the harder run in. I got......

Wolves 222
Cardiff 164
Villa 151
Fulham 228

I would have agreed that we had the harder games but my absolutely nailed on scientific analysis shows that Villa have the harder games.

The problem is, as other teams either cannot make the play offs or make themselves safe, those games become easier.

Was it worth bearing with me.... I doubt it. :lol:

Derby and Hull will have a big say in it all as they have to play Wolves, us and Villa.
Wayne S

Postby Bluebina » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:22 pm

Wayne S wrote:Now bear with me here........

If you tally up the league positions of all the teams we have to play you get a number that, in simple terms, the lower the harder the games.

Home games are perceived as easier so to show this double the league position of the teams played.

I'm no stat genius but thought this would give a scientific (not) way of looking at it.

So with that in mind and remembering the lowest number is the harder run in. I got......

Wolves 222
Cardiff 164
Villa 151
Fulham 228

I would have agreed that we had the harder games but my absolutely nailed on scientific analysis shows that Villa have the harder games.

The problem is, as other teams either cannot make the play offs or make themselves safe, those games become easier.

Derby and Hull will have a big say in it all as they have to play Wolves, us and Villa.

Great stats :thumbup:

It proves on paper at least Villa have the toughest fixtures !!!

On a positive note we now have a stronger squad with players returning than at almost any point in the season, and if we hadn't had so many injuries around Christmas would probably be clear at the top of the league by now !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We can do this :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
Bluebina

Postby epping blue » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Wolves 222
Cardiff 164
Villa 151
Fulham 228

Seems logical. You'd never get a job at the FIFA rankings dept. though
epping blue

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Warnock is our manager so we have the easiest run in.
Bakedalasker

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:22 pm

Wolves 222
Cardiff 164
Villa 151
Fulham 228

now thats a stat attack!!

interesting, though still looks like we have the harder games on paper.
paulh_85

Postby Mr Potato » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:38 pm

Millwall, the team everyone loves to hate might actually be the team to help us achieve a dream. They’re one of the hardest teams to play in the division at theirs and generally kick the shit out players. Yet their last two home games of the season are against Fulham and Villa respectively. On paper a doddle, an easy gimme. In football terms a nasty fixture to have left. Not many sides have left the den with all 3.
Mr Potato

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Mr Potato wrote:Millwall, the team everyone loves to hate might actually be the team to help us achieve a dream. They’re one of the hardest teams to play in the division at theirs and generally kick the shit out players. Yet their last two home games of the season are against Fulham and Villa respectively. On paper a doddle, an easy gimme. In football terms a nasty fixture to have left. Not many sides have left the den with all 3.

I don't think they have anything to play for though do they?
Aren't they mid table ? end of the season tired legs - They could get battered.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:Millwall, the team everyone loves to hate might actually be the team to help us achieve a dream. They’re one of the hardest teams to play in the division at theirs and generally kick the shit out players. Yet their last two home games of the season are against Fulham and Villa respectively. On paper a doddle, an easy gimme. In football terms a nasty fixture to have left. Not many sides have left the den with all 3.

I don't think they have anything to play for though do they?
Aren't they mid table ? end of the season tired legs - They could get battered.

still have a shot of the playoffs

millwall not the type of team i expect to be coasting to the end of the season either.
paulh_85

Postby RV Casual » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:51 pm

It's impossible to say.

QPR at home for Villa would have been seen as a banker, Brentford away for us a tough game where many would have taken a point.

We got 3 Villa got 0.

At this stage of the season anythinget can happen.
RV Casual

Postby Mr Potato » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:32 pm

The higher you finish the bigger your piece of pie, always something to ply for, aside from which I can’t see Neil Harris saying boys go out and roll over we got nothing to play for! Villa and Fulham are big sides, spent money they are there to be kicked at and beat same as every other side. And millwall have decent home record to protect and carry into next season. So I don’t buy that, QPR for nothing to play for and beat villa 3-1.
Mr Potato

Postby wez1927 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:46 am

Teams fighting for their lives will be tougher against I think villa may slip up to Bolton today too
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Return to General Chat