Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock not for City?

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 pm

How many didn't want him before he came? Maybe some still don't! I for one posted at the time we desperately needed NW as Trollop was taking us to league 1, 23rd I believe when NW took over, 17 months ago, look where we are now, hardly spent a fortune to get us here either, amazing what the a proper manager can do! :bluescarf:

Re: Warnock not for City

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Hands Up.

I had my doubts, I thought it was 5 years to late.

Very happy to have been proved wrong.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:17 pm

RV Casual wrote:Hands Up.

I had my doubts, I thought it was 5 years to late.

Very happy to have been proved wrong.

My thinking was, we were in such a bad place it had to be NW as the season before he somehow kept Rotherham up from an impossible place in the league!

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:27 pm

Tbh mate it wasn't that I didn't want him I was just unsure, I think I thought we were better than we were and that Trollope made a mess of it. Part of me still thinks that as we had finished 8th the season before under Slade and I didn't think our squad was any worse.

Warnock is 70 in December that does worry me and I'm not going to lie I do doubt how we would get on in the Premiership but the man is a legend and hasee got my respect.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:28 pm

Yep, I'll also admit to thinking it was a bad decision to appoint Neil Warnock. Never have I been happier to be proved wrong! Best signing City have ever made.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:32 pm

I think the majority really wanted him here and those who have watched his career will have known that we would be getting a hardworking, honest and enigmatic manager who gets a reaction from his players, his owners and (equally important) his team's supporters!

Always hated Warnock's teams coming to Cardiff, as we knew we were up for a tough game...and he usually came out on top! I recall battles with Sheffield United and (particularly) QPR in their relegation seasons!

But above it all (and for all his bluster) there was a respect between Warnock and the City fans who loved the banter he was happy to participate in!

A manager in a million and we're so lucky to have him at the CCS! :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:02 pm

Sven wrote:I think the majority really wanted him here and those who have watched his career will have known that we would be getting a hardworking, honest and enigmatic manager who gets a reaction from his players, his owners and (equally important) his team's supporters!

Always hated Warnock's teams coming to Cardiff, as we knew we were up for a tough game...and he usually came out on top! I recall battles with Sheffield United and (particularly) QPR in their relegation seasons!

But above it all (and for all his bluster) there was a respect between Warnock and the City fans who loved the banter he was happy to participate in!

A manager in a million and we're so lucky to have him at the CCS! :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Not saying that is not how you saw it Sven but the majority I doubt it to be honest if they realy follow football as Warnock's record in the 5 years before he came to us was very ropey and the man was in his late 60s.

I don't think anyone in their wildest dreams would have thought things would turn out as they have.

Re: Warnock not for City?

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:00 am

Think the majority of city fans were screaming for him to be manager even when slade was still here.

Hated Warnock as an opposition manager. Absolutely love him as ours.

Shame he wasn’t brought in a few years ago.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:11 am

I always say how I feel positive or negative, but I always wanted Warnock or Pulis or Holloway, my top 3 managers outside Prem League :thumbright: :bluebird:

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:03 am

I’ve said before we got in Malky in he be my first choice was well over due

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Ive not always been Warnocks biggest fan, if you had asked me those years ago when we appointed Malky who did I want I would have said Malky.

However when we appointed Wanock I had no doubt he was 100% the right man for us, we were in a mess and needed someone to come and in who knew the championship and would fix things quickly. I knew he would keep us up and knew we would have a go this year although I admit I didn’t expect us to be pushing top 2 all season. I thought about between 4th and 8th and hoping top 6.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:59 pm

Most people I know including myself thought this was a great appointment. Have to say I only noticed a few anti Warnock fans, and they were mostly on here. The general opinions in my local pubs were positive, and I can't think of many other managers who could have done the job that Warnock has done this season. No doubt two or three defeats and we will still have a couple of forum members calling for his head.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:29 pm

I was creaming in my pants when we got him. I knew we were not going to league 1. Would never have dreamt we might be going up again

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:55 pm

Will always remember a weeds supporting mate of mine knocking me back when I said how chuffed I was we got him! He said he will be ok for a while then struggle, and Bamba also! Said nothing since to remind him, but its looking like I may remind him in the not to distant future :occasion5: :bluescarf:

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:16 pm

The Cobra wrote:Will always remember a weeds supporting mate of mine knocking me back when I said how chuffed I was we got him! He said he will be ok for a while then struggle, and Bamba also! Said nothing since to remind him, but its looking like I may remind him in the not to distant future :occasion5: :bluescarf:

Now might be a good time to remind him. You have to look way down the table to remember they are in the same division as us. Twenty six points further down the table.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:12 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
The Cobra wrote:Will always remember a weeds supporting mate of mine knocking me back when I said how chuffed I was we got him! He said he will be ok for a while then struggle, and Bamba also! Said nothing since to remind him, but its looking like I may remind him in the not to distant future :occasion5: :bluescarf:

Now might be a good time to remind him. You have to look way down the table to remember they are in the same division as us. Twenty six points further down the table.

Been wanting to for some time, but we are getting better and better, im starting to believe we can do this now, so the best time would be when the cake is iced!