Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Marko Grujic Why did Grujic choose Cardiff? / Plus

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:43 am

Why did Grujic choose Cardiff?

Marko Grujic:

When the time came to speak with Liverpool people about the loan a few clubs wanted me. But from the first time I spoke to Neil I said I wanted to be a Cardiff player. Back then we were challenging for the Premier League and said we will do our best.

Marko Grujic:

Has Grujic experienced this before?

Seven wins on the bounce is a very healthy run... so has Marko Grujic experienced a run like it before?

Marko Grujic:

"Yes when I used to play in Serbia but it’s a different competition. It’s an impressive run but the players and staff need to play every game like it’s the first one. This one is important because it’s before the international break.
We won 16 games with Red Star and had 20 more points than 2nd place. If we do that (at Cardiff) we might be looking at Champions League!"

Grujic reflects on the Brentford win:

"An impressive win, the three points are always three points and I wish we played every game like that one. It was tough after conceding the early goal but the guys showed character and it was a massive win for us. We need to carry on with this impressive run this week, tough opponents in front of us, Derby is a big team with big expectation but we don’t care who’s our opposition."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Marko Grujic:

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:49 am

Marko Grujic:

'It's more physical, my position is more defensive'

It’s not something new for us players from Serbia, we have a lot of players in England. The Championship style is different, more physical and my position is more defensive than I played for Liverpool.
The gaffer just told me what he wants and a lot of guys in the help have helped me adapt. I’m really happy in Cardiff, the city and the club.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Marko Grujic Why did Grujic choose Cardiff? / Plus

Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:59 am

Warnock and Klopp are 'similar'

Marko Grujic:

In some respects they’re very similar and have very good relationships with the players. I learned a lot under these managers, the style of football is different but as a young player you need to learn. I’m 21 years old, to play in the Premier League and the Championship is great. I’m on a good run now. I received the call for the next two Serbia friendly games and hopefully I’ll be in the World Cup. Playing in the World Cup is one of the reasons (I came to Cardiff) but the main reason I came was to play games and win things.

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:05 am

Grujic admits adapting to Championship was tough

Marko Grujic:

"There are a few guys I keep in touch with. Every game I have analysed what was good and what was bad. (Klopp) wanted me to get matches and match sharpness and for a young player the most important thing is to play. Training is important but you need to practice in football matches. The Championship is tough but I’m thankful for the gaffer and people from Cardiff to get me to play regular. It was tough to adapt at first."

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:06 am

What does the future hold for Grujic?

Marko Grujic:

"Hopefully I’ll play at the World Cup, then have a rest and then report to Liverpool. We’ll see. I’ve had a great time here so far. I’ll report to Liverpool and then I don’t know what will happen."

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:07 am

Steady on Marko, I don't think we will be ready for the Champions League for a few seasons yet :thumbup:

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:09 am

Wolfpac wrote:Steady on Marko, I don't think we will be ready for the Champions League for a few seasons yet :thumbup:

:lol: :thumbup:

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:15 am

If we do manage to get promoted, I'm pretty sure he will spend the season on loan with us next year

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:50 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:If we do manage to get promoted, I'm pretty sure he will spend the season on loan with us next year

makes sense. Liverpool have spend 60m on keita and their spending wont stop there

Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:50 pm

He's been a key signing for us, especially with the injuries to Ralls, Bryson and the time it has taken for Gunner to come back.

He's made the position his own, and it won't be easy to shift him, with the players coming back, and more competition for places, he may even be able to step things up even more !!! :ayatollah:

Nice one Warnock the outstanding business in the January transfer window, has got us where we are today :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:10 pm

He’s improving with us and l quite like him and although it’s, obviously, a different type of football in the premiership I can’t see him getting into Liverpool’s team next season.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:08 am

Grujic: "I won 16 games in a row with Red Star Belgrade... if Cardiff do that we might be looking at the Champions League!"

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:06 am

I think we'll make him a much tougher and more combative player and maybe he wants to stay with us, if we get what we hope for this season

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:Grujic: "I won 16 games in a row with Red Star Belgrade... if Cardiff do that we might be looking at the Champions League!"

Think its his broken english and means league champions. ... we can always dream about champions league though :lol: