Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Time To Praise Zohore "

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:24 pm

" Time To Praise Zohore "

I came on here during January and openly put some criticism towards big ken, some will say it was his fitness but the majority will agree he wasn’t showing or putting it in. The arrival of Madine has seen an upsurge in ken, a return to form and make of that what you want.

The most important thing is he is now looking a player again, I said at the time if ken finds form city will go up. Well 7 wins on the bounce has not done us any harm. He’s not what I call a natural finisher and we know he’s weaknesses in the air, but we also know his strengths and it’s been good to see him tap a few scruffy goals.

I don’t buy the we need a 20 goal striker to go up, previous history and our current position is evidence enough. The signing of madine could be the best bit of business in our history, because if ken keeps producing this form we are heading in the right direction.

So credit due mr zohore , now showing for the ball working the channels and making a nuisance. Keep at it and the blues might just find themselves in the top two. :thumbup:

Re: Time To Praise zohore

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:36 pm

Stringfellow wrote:I came on here during January and openly put some criticism towards big ken, some will say it was his fitness but the majority will agree he wasn’t showing or putting it in. The arrival of Madine has seen an upsurge in ken, a return to form and make of that what you want.

The most important thing is he is now looking a player again, I said at the time if ken finds form city will go up. Well 7 wins on the bounce has not done us any harm. He’s not what I call a natural finisher and we know he’s weaknesses in the air, but we also know his strengths and it’s been good to see him tap a few scruffy goals.

I don’t buy the we need a 20 goal striker to go up, previous history and our current position is evidence enough. The signing of madine could be the best bit of business in our history, because if ken keeps producing this form we are heading in the right direction.

So credit due mr zohore , now showing for the ball working the channels and making a nuisance. Keep at it and the blues might just find themselves in the top two. :thumbup:

Agree, said in a similer thread. Ken may have thought he was giving his all, but when Madine arrived hes given a few more per cent, knowing theres a decent alternative to him, which seems to have made a big difference to his performances and helped those around him greatly! :clap:

Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:31 pm

It's Warnock said that people still don't acknowledge he reserves energy more for when it really matters instead of his running himself into the ground chasing aimless things because Warnock said it weren't doing him any good.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:40 am

Totally agree if he stays fit and Hoillett I think we will do it. Wouldn't swap them 2 for anyone in our league

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:48 am

It is good to see him back in form and at the right time.

Only thing needed now is he continues it to the end of the season. If so we will see a better player and hopefully a striker that we can take into the Premier unlike last time.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:10 am

DandoCCFC wrote:It's Warnock said that people still don't acknowledge he reserves energy more for when it really matters instead of his running himself into the ground chasing aimless things because Warnock said it weren't doing him any good.

This has been my point.
Big units like him can find it hard to run flat out up front on their own for 90 minutes especially with Warnocks tactics. People don’t realise that especially when he came in for unfair criticism when he came back from injury.

Re: " Time To Praise Zohore "

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:32 am

Praise Kenny :notworthy: :notworthy:

He is not your standard footballer. He is a big unit for a player who relies on a change of pace. IMO he just takes longer to get into the optimal fitness zone.

It helps the club we have two differing but good strikers to spear point our attack.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:06 am

Think he has been brilliant lately, the stick he got when he clearly wasn't fit wasn't warranted in my option. Medine coming in allowed him a few games rest which helped.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:24 am

I think I posted on your thread at the time. Players Like Zohore are big units. They don't just come back to full fitness. I think sometimes we underestermate the task playing upfront on your own for CCFC requires.

We're not like Wolves or Fulham where they pass from the back and build to their number 9. We play direct and fast which means our 9 has to hold off oftern 2/3 defenders until support comes. This is hard enough on top form!! Imagine doing that after a lengthy spell out and in a team who were struggling on 4 losses!!

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:06 am

I think he is a decent enough player, but nowhere near the finished article. If he can add goals to his game, and get someone to try and improve him in the air, I believe he could play at a higher level than the Championship. Been working hard recently and holds the ball up well, but I honestly think there is still plenty more to come if he can improve on one or two more areas of his game. It was good to see him get on the end of a cross deep inside the area at Brentford, and he took his chance well. Certainly makes a nuisance of himself and keeps the opposing defenders well occupied. No doubting his ability and hopefully he will continue to improve.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:16 am

Still wouldnt say hes worth £15million or whatever the price was.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:45 am

Is Assombalonga worth 15mil, is McCormack worth 12mil, is Rhodes worth 10mil. Zohore will be worth whatever someone's willing to pay and how badly they want him. For me he's our main striker and he's a lot faster and more powerful than Madine. Saying that I wouldn't mind seeing them both playing together!!

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:48 am

We have seen an improvement in the form of Mendez again recently, which I think is as a result of the improvement in Ken’s form. He takes a lot of defenders on which leaves more space for Hoilett and Mendez out wide.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:22 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:Is Assombalonga worth 15mil, is McCormack worth 12mil, is Rhodes worth 10mil. Zohore will be worth whatever someone's willing to pay and how badly they want him. For me he's our main striker and he's a lot faster and more powerful than Madine. Saying that I wouldn't mind seeing them both playing together!!

I suppose the valuation depends on what the buyer is looking for. If it's goals Assombalonga has 5 goals in 11 appearances for Middlesbrough this season. Zohore has 7 goals, but that has come in 30 appearances. Certainly not going to buy Zohore for his prowess in the air. If you are looking for a player who can hold the ball up well while playing the lone striker role, and create space for his team mates, Zohore would probably be your man. I think a lot depends on the players already at a club, and what is required to compliment those players that results in the valuation of whoever is being bought at the time. If you are building a team and are looking for the final piece in a jigsaw, any of those mentioned above may be worth more to one club than they would to another.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:50 pm

what had fitness to do with the fact he kept missing goal chances.? thought that was the main area of criticism?

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Sloper Road wrote:what had fitness to do with the fact he kept missing goal chances.? thought that was the main area of criticism?

That has always been my main area of criticism. Has missed a lot of easy chances that you would expect a top striker to put away with ease. I have always said that his scoring record apart from a few months last season is very poor. His strengths seem to be in other areas, and to be fair his lack of goals don't appear to have had much effect on the team this season. He is playing his part at the minute, and hopefully the goals will start flowing now he has found the net twice recently.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Yes totally agree yes he wasn't fit but he just seemed to be going through the motions so great to see him back at his best, we will need him in the run in :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Sloper Road wrote:what had fitness to do with the fact he kept missing goal chances.? thought that was the main area of criticism?

No. Most of his recent critism on here around January was his attitude and not chasing down enough. Most thought it was because he had just come back from injuries while others disagreed.