Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gunnarson

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:18 pm

Anyone else think he will sign a 1 yr deal if promoted. Great team spirit. Great manager and another shot at the prem. Family is settled here so i can see it happening :ayatollah:

Re: Gunnarson

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:02 am

He can go as far as I'm concerned

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:24 am

in the right system a really good top end championship player.

Never blessed with pace but is strong, mobile and had great stamina.He was better athlete than footballer and in our system that is OK. My issue is we need to be building for the future whether that is a second season in the prem (obviously if we make it) or another promotion campaign and he is on the wane. He has been knocking around for a decade in a brutal league and is suffering.

He wanted to run down his contract, let him go

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:04 am

I’d love him to sign an extension. I can’t get over the amount of people saying we don’t need him. He’s easily one of our best players I think. Because the whole team has stepped up in his absence, I can understand why some people’s view on him has changed. But I personally can’t wait to have him and Ralls back in the middle. He always offers that goal threat with his late runs into the box too. Mind you Grujic is starting to get better in that holding role but a fit Gunnars and Ralls starts everyday for me.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:24 am

llan bluebird wrote:in the right system a really good top end championship player.

Never blessed with pace but is strong, mobile and had great stamina.He was better athlete than footballer and in our system that is OK. My issue is we need to be building for the future whether that is a second season in the prem (obviously if we make it) or another promotion campaign and he is on the wane. He has been knocking around for a decade in a brutal league and is suffering.

He wanted to run down his contract, let him go

To be fair i dont remember him saying he wanted to run it down. I feel he wanted to see a position we were in as he wanted to play at a higher level and i for one believe he can. Plus we need strength in depth next season. We wont have some of the midfield we have now so i believe we could do with him whilst also realise we could do with strengthening up there too. I tell you something , i believe he is better than pass back gruijc

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:17 pm

I appreciate all the effort and fantastic performances Gunnar has given to the club, but in return like many other players he’s been rewarded handsomely for it.
Two things...
Firstly, if it is true that he’s said he’ll only agree to stay at City if they go up, then as far as I’m concerned he can pack his bags now. Don’t need that attitude in the dressing room. Rather everyone fought for the shirt and ultimately wanted to be here. Perfect example being Morrison. Could of gone to Wednesday and earned more, but wanted to stay and fight.
Secondly, if everyone was fit, he wouldn’t get into my starting XI anyway.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:24 pm

Get rid. Not good enough for the premiership. Only staying if we go up, where’s the loyalty? Give him to a league two club for a quid. :laughing6:

Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:I’d love him to sign an extension. I can’t get over the amount of people saying we don’t need him. He’s easily one of our best players I think. Because the whole team has stepped up in his absence, I can understand why some people’s view on him has changed. But I personally can’t wait to have him and Ralls back in the middle. He always offers that goal threat with his late runs into the box too. Mind you Grujic is starting to get better in that holding role but a fit Gunnars and Ralls starts everyday for me.

100% agree! We've done really well without him but we can do even better with him. One of our very few players who didn't look lost in the Premiership last time around. Will be a big influence for us if we get promoted.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:21 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:I appreciate all the effort and fantastic performances Gunnar has given to the club, but in return like many other players he’s been rewarded handsomely for it.
Two things...
Firstly, if it is true that he’s said he’ll only agree to stay at City if they go up, then as far as I’m concerned he can pack his bags now. Don’t need that attitude in the dressing room. Rather everyone fought for the shirt and ultimately wanted to be here. Perfect example being Morrison. Could of gone to Wednesday and earned more, but wanted to stay and fight.
Secondly, if everyone was fit, he wouldn’t get into my starting XI anyway.

Where does wanting to play against the best teams shows attitude in the dressing room. He has given his all for this club. And using morrison as an example is daft. Wednesday is a backwards move for him. He dont need the money. If newcastle or a mid prem team came i assure you he would go in a heartbeat