Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WILL THE GAME GO AHEAD ? : Hmmmmm

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:37 am

WILL THE GAME GO AHEAD ? : Would Derby try to deliberately try avoid playing - by not preparing the pitch etc..... ? They have a very serious injury problem.

The snow is expected to fall quite heavy and Derby are really down to the bare bone.

I rem Carlisle away many years ago doing this to us, due to injuries.

Vince Alm:
Derby police have confirmed access to and from the stadium is fine

Re: WILL THE GAME GO AHEAD ? :

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:WILL THE GAME GO AHEAD ? : Would Derby try to deliberately try avoid playing - by not preparing the pitch etc..... ? They have a very serious injury problem.

The snow is expected to fall quite heavy and Derby are really down to the bare bone.

Derby will want it on ,no good having a fixture back log

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:58 am

I know they have injuries but so do we, after the international we have more back.

Also they could end up out the playoffs this weekend if they don't play (or if they lose). I think as a fan I'd rather get the game played. Nothing worse than hanging onto a game in hand.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:20 am

Have a friend in derby sending me regular live videos! We’ve got the heavy snow coming in overnight I think

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:29 am

It's my thread here that should be made sticky:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=194093&p=1993230#p1993230

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:30 am

Weather for Derby doesn’t look that bad for tomorrow. Cold, but not much snow shown on the website forecast.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:35 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:WILL THE GAME GO AHEAD ? : Would Derby try to deliberately try avoid playing - by not preparing the pitch etc..... ? They have a very serious injury problem.

Derby will want it on ,no good having a fixture back log

Wez, I'm sure you're right. There are only two available midweek slots for the remainder of the season and it's all going to get congested in April anyway :thumbright:

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:41 am

Sky sports won’t be to happy if they don’t make every effort to get it on!

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:56 am

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:57 am

Bakedalasker wrote:It's my thread here that should be made sticky:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=194093&p=1993230#p1993230

:thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:58 am

Not a flake of snow at pride park just had a nice gregs breakfast tho.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:04 am

Dynamightwright wrote:Not a flake of snow at pride park just had a nice gregs breakfast tho.

Brilliant to hear :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:10 am

I think the game will be on without a doubt, my worry is the buses getting out to pick us up. Will be such a shame if many fans can’t make it as we have a great following and that away is a good one, it will be rocking. Fingers crossed.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:12 am

Why can't clubs simply put a sheet over the pitch. Surely a club with attracts around 30k and pays it's players several thousand pounds a week can afford a waterproof tarp to cover it's pitch.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:16 am

rossblue wrote:Why can't clubs simply put a sheet over the pitch. Surely a club with attracts around 30k and pays it's players several thousand pounds a week can afford a waterproof tarp to cover it's pitch.

They do and they will the pitch will be fine it’s the travel.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:19 am

Ok. I checked their forum and a user had posted a picture of the pitch bare.

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:55 pm

This Country :roll:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:40 am

Gareth Hughes This is because derby have massive injury crisis. Ground is easily accessible for their staff most of whom will be local but they use this as their excuse. Should fine them.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:Gareth Hughes This is because derby have massive injury crisis. Ground is easily accessible for their staff most of whom will be local but they use this as their excuse. Should fine them.

yep sky live now and all is fine in the ground, no snow whatsoever!

Re: WILL THE GAME GO AHEAD ? : Hmmmmm

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:44 am

Nothing to do with the club, it's the police who have had the final say re safety issues around the stadium. Heavy snow forecast for most of day in Derby. I hate to say it but it is the right decision.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:45 am

arri potta wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Gareth Hughes This is because derby have massive injury crisis. Ground is easily accessible for their staff most of whom will be local but they use this as their excuse. Should fine them.

yep sky live now and all is fine in the ground, no snow whatsoever!

*IN the ground

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:48 am

Bananas wrote:Nothing to do with the club, it's the police who have had the final say re safety issues around the stadium. Heavy snow forecast for most of day in Derby. I hate to say it but it is the right decision.

Derby asked for it to be called of first saying staff could not get in/ Police were happy to go ahead

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:49 am

Bananas wrote:Nothing to do with the club, it's the police who have had the final say re safety issues around the stadium. Heavy snow forecast for most of day in Derby. I hate to say it but it is the right decision.

Vince Alm

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Vince Alm

I'm not being funny but I'd the police were happy for it to go ahead and we can make it from Wales - and it's due to staff not getting in locally - than the game is forfeited not postponed! 3 points thankyou!

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:59 am

Seems we've been 'had' by Ledley County but returning fans generally in good spirits and grabbing a coffee in Strensham :clap:

This is the stadium (Sky TV cameras) at 08:39 am :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:02 am

Sven wrote:Seems we've been 'had' by Ledley County but returning fans generally in good spirits and grabbing a coffee in Strensham :clap:

This is the stadium (Sky TV cameras) at 08:39 am :(

Chris, Derby called it off first, not police.

They said staff could not get in to work :lol:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:03 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Vince Alm

I'm not being funny but I'd the police were happy for it to go ahead and we can make it from Wales - and it's due to staff not getting in locally - than the game is forfeited not postponed! 3 points thankyou!

So so suspicious by Derby FC.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:05 am

This really needs to be looked into by the football league

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:24 am

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:27 am

Gareth Hughes:

Derby played Fulham the last time we had bad snow 3 weeks ago. The conditions were far worse then. Mind you they had no injuries or suspensions then! My eldest lad lives in derby and I’ve just spoken to him and he says there’s a fair bit of snow but all roads are fine