As a Cardiff City fan I would never have thought we would

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby grange_end1927 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:47 pm

As a Cardiff City fan I would never have thought we would ever get near the “promised land” of the biggest league in the world but we are so nearly there!!
After many of failings and dare we say it games where we lost the bottle in cup finals ( Blackpool :cry: )or final league games (Preston 6-0 :shock: ) it feels so good to be in a positive position that we are in.
The last time we were in the premiership it was great, but we were in RED :bluescarf: However; this time feels so much different and we can be in the big league with the pride of the bluebird showing in our mighty blue.

7 more cup finals bluebirds and let’s continue to back the boys and show cohesion like they are showing. If we go behind in a game let us fans give that extra 10% and back the boys. Come on you bluebirds #CityAsOne #Bluebirds #KeepOnDreaming #WereComing4You :ayatollah:
grange_end1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: As a Cardiff City fan I would never have thought we woul

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Totally agree this time feels more exciting. When we won promotion in red against Charlton I was that happy if I'm honest. Tainted
boyo1927

Postby goats » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:09 pm

If we do make it, I hope we don’t bother spending big like before. I’m sure Neil can find a few gems.
We spent 50 million last time didn’t we, just to finish bottom, might aswell have saved the cash, still finished in same place. :lol: I know we sold most of them on to recoup it after, but sensible spending should we make it is a must. :bluescarf:
goats

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:17 pm

goats wrote:If we do make it, I hope we don’t bother spending big like before. I’m sure Neil can find a few gems.
We spent 50 million last time didn’t we, just to finish bottom, might aswell have saved the cash, still finished in same place. :lol: I know we sold most of them on to recoup it after, but sensible spending should we make it is a must. :bluescarf:

Warnocks record when spending money isn’t great so I hope he sticks to freebies
paulh_85

Postby skiprat » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:50 pm

It wasn't great it was hideous for exactly the reason you stated it was in RED. Personally I couldn't stomach it. If we make it this time it will be Cardiff city the bluebirds and I will be ecstatic.
skiprat

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:07 pm

I agree, it’s definitely different this time!
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:13 pm

I think most expected it last time with the money spent.

This season people hoped, still plenty of points to play for but if we went up it would massively eclipse the previous effort.
2blue2handle

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think most expected it last time with the money spent.

This season people hoped, still plenty of points to play for but if we went up it would massively eclipse the previous effort.

One thing we definately can’t say is we don’t have the bottle for it.

A win tomorrow and it’s one foot in the premier league, I wouldn’t expect us to blow a 10 point gap.

Having said that I’ll be perfectly happy for a point going into a two week break
paulh_85

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:51 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I think most expected it last time with the money spent.

One thing we definately can’t say is we don’t have the bottle for it.

A win tomorrow and it’s one foot in the premier league, I wouldn’t expect us to blow a 10 point gap.

Having said that I’ll be perfectly happy for a point going into a two week break

I never take anything for granted with city after we lost 6-0 (was it?) to preston and missed out on the playoffs on goal difference.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat