What do we need after today’s results?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:45 pm

We are currently 7 points In front of both Fulham and Aston Villa, both of which have 8 games remaining. However, there’s a potential 24 points still to add to their current tally. It’s my opinion that none of them will get more than 20, taking into consideration recent results and end of season nerves.

20 - 7 = 13. Therefore, I think we need to gain 14 points from our remaining 9 fixtures in order to gain automatic promotion. Obviously there’s no guarantees due to the nature of football, but that would be my aim.

What would be your points aim from the last 9 matches to finish in the top two?
103 Barmy Army

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: What do we need after today’s results?

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:48 pm

18 points
Bakedalasker

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:10 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:18 points

:laughing6: :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:17 pm

That fair enough. :thumbup: The way we’re playing, we could go for 27 and take top spot.
103 Barmy Army

Postby TERRYB » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

I always look at what we have achieved so far and that's 76 points from 37 games so averaging just over 2 points per game so I reckon 18 points more will see us promoted. :bluescarf:
Happy Days Bluebirds!
TERRYB

Postby bluebirdredbird » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:19 pm

Been saying it for a while now that 86 points thereabouts will be enough. I don't think villa or Fulham will get more than 18 points out of their last 8 games. They would have to win 6 of their last eight. Although I think we will finish on about 93 points as i think we will win 5-6 games out of our last nine with a couple of draws and couple of defeats. Whether that total is enough to win title I don't know and I don't really care as I think we have promotion in the bag now. However it would be great credit to Neil his staff the board and the players to win the title.
bluebirdredbird

Postby Lengee » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:57 am

bluebirdredbird wrote:....I think we will finish on about 93 points as i think we will win 5-6 games out of our last nine with a couple of draws and couple of defeats....... I think we have promotion in the bag now. However it would be great credit to Neil his staff the board and the players to win the title.

Good God I wish I had your confidence, I was as nervous as a kitten watching the QPR and Bolton games. I will still be biting my nails for a good few weeks yet before an auto place is decided. Still hard work to be done! Its not over till its over.
Pity Derby was off today they have an injury ravaged squad but most will be OK soon (like us). We have been playing great though and maybe we could have won it. :thumbup: :bluebird:
Lengee

Return to General Chat