Fulham probably the biggest threat now

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Lawnmower » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:12 pm

Villa having a massive wobble and although Fulham dropped points today, they really should win at least 5 of their last 8- against probably the 5 most woeful teams in the league.. then it would be what they can get against Millwall, Brentford and Norwich

20 points would not be a surprise.

Leaves us to get 14... although I really don't want to be sweating on the last game !
Lawnmower

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Fulham probably the biggest threat now

Postby City Slicker » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:19 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Villa having a massive wobble and although Fulham dropped points today, they really should win at least 5 of their last 8- against probably the 5 most woeful teams in the league.. then it would be what they can get against Millwall, Brentford and Norwich

Leaves us to get 14... although I really don't want to be sweating on the last game !

Millwall away is likely to be tough, Brentford beat them earlier in the season and it's a local derby so not an easy game but I understand they have a good record against Norwich, though Carrow Road is never an easy place to visit. Hopefully nerves will start getting to them and they will make a couple of slip ups. Brum away at the end of the season may not be a given with them fighting to avoid relegation. However I agree, I see them more of a threat than Villa now.
City Slicker

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:32 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Villa having a massive wobble and although Fulham dropped points today, they really should win at least 5 of their last 8- against probably the 5 most woeful teams in the league.. then it would be what they can get against Millwall, Brentford and Norwich

Millwall away is likely to be tough, Brentford beat them earlier in the season and it's a local derby so not an easy game but I understand they have a good record against Norwich, though Carrow Road is never an easy place to visit. Hopefully nerves will start getting to them and they will make a couple of slip ups. Brum away at the end of the season may not be a given with them fighting to avoid relegation. However I agree, I see them more of a threat than Villa now.

Unlike Villa, we don’t have to play them though so there’s no 6 pointer which is a help. It’s an old cliche but all we need to do is keep winning. I think if we can sneak a win tomorrow we’ll have one foot in the premiership as we’ll be 10 points up on both of them meaning that they’ll have to win 3 and draw one when we’re losing. I realise that there’s other scenarios but it’ll be looking got if we get the 3 points at Derby.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:58 pm

For fulham That would be 60 points out of of 75 in last 25 games upto end season ! surely won't happen? Already had 40 in 16 unbeaten games so far :o
pembroke allan

Postby Lawnmower » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

For fulham That would be 60 points out of of 75 in last 25 games upto end season ! surely won't happen? Already had 40 in 16 unbeaten games so far :o

Just marks them up as a form side.

There are no 'givens ' though and 20 will be a tough ask.
It is doable though - as they've shown recently.

However , if they drop any further behind then it will look a massive task.

Pressure is on them every game and it gets bigger each time we win
Lawnmower

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:27 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Just marks them up as a form side.

There are no 'givens ' though and 20 will be a tough ask.
It is doable though - as they've shown recently.

However , if they drop any further behind then it will look a massive task.

Pressure is on them every game and it gets bigger each time we win

thats theirs and villas problem cannot afford drop a point in next 3 games pressure huge now :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:14 am

Naive to rule out villa. They have gone on runs throughout the season, could easily do the same from now.
2blue2handle

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:27 am

Five wins from these nine games will guarantee it. Four wins and a draw may be enough.

We can’t get carried away though, things can change so quickly in football.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:21 am

I believe we will win today and against Burton next.

We will be taking 10 points lead into the difficult April we have all been thinking of in the back of our minds. I'm expecting Fulham to close the gap before we go into our last 4 games. I can't see them either overtaking or even catching us before then. Hopefully it will be just one or two point catch up but most likely will be about 4 giving us a gap of 2 wins.

Too much for then to do.
Bakedalasker

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:55 am

Bakedalasker wrote:I believe we will win today and against Burton next.

We will be taking 10 points lead into the difficult April we have all been thinking of in the back of our minds. I'm expecting Fulham to close the gap before we go into our last 4 games. I can't see them either overtaking or even catching us before then. Hopefully it will be just one or two point catch up but most likely will be about 4 giving us a gap of 2 wins.

Too much for then to do.

I agree, and that’s assuming we don’t do well in that awful few games in April.
bluebirdoct1962

Return to General Chat