Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Derby cancellation

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:40 am

Although we are currently on an excellent run at the moment. I think that the cancellation is good for us as it gives our long growing list of injured players a chance to come back for the last 9 games of the season and give it a right old go. Our next game now is best part of a fortnight to give our players a well deserved rest.

Re: Derby cancellation

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:42 am

bluebirdredbird wrote:..... Our next game now is best part of a fortnight to give our players a well deserved rest.

Or lose momentum.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:07 am

Time will tell if it good or not I think it maybe good for us We play such a high paced game with lots of pressing that the rest will do the team some good . I think the poor form over xmas was due to players being knackered as well as a few players missing .
Burton up next which could extend our run of unbeaten games and on paper an easier game than any left

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:20 pm

I disagree, we are on terrific form, good momentum and more importantly we are playing a against a Derby team that are out of form, currently battered with injuries including their top scorer Matej Vydra, and we could have played them without Tom Huddlestone who's suspended.

Now we have to play them amongst a massive set of fixtures, we'll probably lose a little bit of momentum due to the international break, Derby will be able to recover and restock after their awful form, they'll have there injured player back who are massive for them like Vydra, Ledley, Lawrence, etc, and they'll have Tom Huddlestone back from suspension.