Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Could the game not be played to To rw night?

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:21 am

By tomrw lunch time it'll all have gone! It's literally only today that it's bad. Why can't the game be played tomrw night instead? And don't say because of internationals because we have a game on Friday night the same week as the international matches against Burton! Surely it would make things a lot simpler!

Re: Could the game not be played to To rw night?

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:26 am

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:By tomrw lunch time it'll all have gone! It's literally only today that it's bad. Why can't the game be played tomrw night instead? And don't say because of internationals because we have a game on Friday night the same week as the international matches against Burton! Surely it would make things a lot simpler!

No reason at all that the game shouldn't be played tomrw! Staff will be able to get in - our fans will get there as the snow will be gone by tomrw pm! We shouldn't accept another game in April on top of our busy schedule. We do not want another away game in April and ESP on the same week as the Norwich and villa away!

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:28 am

I like the idea and From the point of view of the football team and not cramming in too many games later this would be ideal.
However the police would prob not agree and maybe a lot of city away fans with tickets might be unable to attend. :bluebird:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:04 am

I think tomorrow falls into the international window so it cannot be played then.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:59 am

Given the snow had stopped and the weather was set to improve it could have been put back a couple of hours. They could have got all the staff in and game could have gone ahead.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:27 pm

I dont know why they couldnt delay it until 2/3pm and sent 4x4 vehicles to get the staff if it was that much of a issue

Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:00 pm

I can't think of a reason either. Oh, wait a minute..... :oops:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:04 pm

thomasblue wrote:I dont know why they couldnt delay it until 2/3pm and sent 4x4 vehicles to get the staff if it was that much of a issue

But how are they're injured players going to recover in a few hours????? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:46 am

It should've been played at the same time behind closed doors and all tickets should've been refunded.

We would've hammered them too... now i'm not so confident. :banghead: