Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ A full investigation in to today’s match is demanded “

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:40 am

Get them deducted points the wasters mun so looking forward to the game today. :banghead: :banghead:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:54 am

As I said on another thread....they could surely have had discussions with all parties and agreed to put the match back an hour to enable fans to arrive safely etc. They knew the forecast for the rest of the day was fine and that the main roads were OK and the snow was melting. Its seems to have been a club decision not the police or ref- it stinks.
:bluebird:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:55 am

blemmy wrote:The decision by Derby to call this game off could well be considered by an unbiased person as CHEATING!!

Any other form of cheating within football is frowned upon by the authorities and action is always taken against those found guilty of CHEATING, e.g. yellow cards, red cards, fines, bans, points deductions etc.

Cardiff City FC armed with just the written and photographic evidence posted on this Board this morning and Rowett's interview comments could well be considered sufficient evidence to make a formal complaint against Derby regarding their actions in cancelling today's game.

Hopefully someone within the club may well choose to take the matter further!

:bluescarf: :old: :bluescarf:

On behalf of all us who went up and not just the club

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Who has demanded a full investigation ??

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:23 pm

Disgusting situation. Derby should forfeit the game and be made to pay the travelling fans costs. Even their own ST Holders should be re-imbursed. But because we are Cardiff City nothing will happen.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:32 pm

blemmy wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Them having points deducted is of no benefit to us.
Getting 3 points today would have been massive. Of course it was a tough game and no guarantee of points, but I’d rather play them today that later on in a jam packed April. This could prove very costly.

Do we have the final say as regards the reply date?

No, it's got to be agreed with the EFL but there are only two realistic games week/dates available...

Tues/Weds 17th/18th April and/or the following week Tues/Weds 24th/25th April

Tues/Weds 3rd/4th May is technically available but unlikely given the importance of the final Saturday days later

Hopefully, we'll still have a big following :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Vince I think you are being silly here. As I posted on another thread simply Health and safety, everyone is fearful these days at being sued for negligence.
One bus/car crash, pedestrian death and then there would be an investigation and claims flying about everywhere. On radio Wales the warning was "Don't go out unless your journey is essential"

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:40 pm

An investigation should definitely take place as it's not just us who may suffer - it could also affect other teams on in and on the cusp of the play offs e.g PNE, Middlesbrough, Brizzle etc.
Derby should not be allowed to simply get away with this without there being a thorough investigation

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:41 pm

bluescarlet wrote:Vince I think you are being silly here. As I posted on another thread simply Health and safety, everyone is fearful these days at being sued for negligence.
One bus/car crash, pedestrian death and then there would be an investigation and claims flying about everywhere. On radio Wales the warning was "Don't go out unless your journey is essential"

If that's the case why's the Leicester game on down the road? Just delay the kick-off for our game giving people time to get in. No need to make excuses for the guilty!

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:41 pm

An investigation should definitely take place as it's not just us who may suffer - it could also affect other teams on in and on the cusp of the play offs e.g PNE, Middlesbrough, Brizzle etc.
Derby should not be allowed to simply get away with this without there being a thorough investigation

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:42 pm

bluescarlet wrote:Vince I think you are being silly here. As I posted on another thread simply Health and safety, everyone is fearful these days at being sued for negligence.

The weather is far worse in S Wales than it is in and around Derby though?

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:42 pm

So you think it is OK for our fans to have to pay for coaches that got half way there or overnight hotels having travelled the day before that they won't get refunded because Derby call the game off but then open the club shop - are you real?

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:43 pm

Sorry I think you are being silly, theres always a risk, but every other game is on. Including one at Liecester 30 miles from Derby!

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:45 pm

With respect, like others, you are surmising here and have no more of an idea than anyone else! ;)

Those of us who travelled saw the conditions and several (who were there for the weekend) spoke to officials at the club and in the local constabulary. ALL were convinced the game would to ahead and were 'happy' for that to happen

Leicester's game is still on just a few miles up the road and there was a comment from the Derby camp that the game might have been pushed back for a 2pm kick off, which could have been accommodated by Sky Sports

Certainly looks 'suspicious' but are we/you connecting the dots correctly? :?

Let the investigation occur (questions are already being asked) and the truth (or part thereof) will out :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:50 pm

I think we are being silly getting our knickers in a twist about health & safety just because there is a light dusting of snow in certain areas. If we are going to go to this sort of extreme we may as well postpone matches due to heavy rain, otherwise there will be claims flying around that fans have caught a chill. Perhaps cancel matches when it is very hot in case fans and staff have no factor 20 lying around anywhere. Can't wrap everyone in cotton wool all the time, we all take a risk every time we leave our homes.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

I think we are being silly getting our knickers in a twist about health & safety just because there is a light dusting of snow in certain areas. If we are going to go to this sort of extreme we may as well postpone matches due to heavy rain, otherwise there will be claims flying around that fans have caught a chill. Perhaps cancel matches when it is very hot in case fans and staff have no factor 20 lying around anywhere. Can't wrap everyone in cotton wool all the time, we all take a risk every time we leave our homes.

No " nickers in twist" just reality, 'fraid that's the way it is. It is called life in the 21st century.
It is our claim culture which has caused this problem, sneeze and someone is blamed anything for a sneaky dollar or two

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Sven wrote:

With respect, like others, you are surmising here and have no more of an idea than anyone else! ;)

Those of us who travelled saw the conditions and several (who were there for the weekend) spoke to officials at the club and in the local constabulary. ALL were convinced the game would to ahead and were 'happy' for that to happen

Leicester's game is still on just a few miles up the road and there was a comment from the Derby camp that the game might have been pushed back for a 2pm kick off, which could have been accommodated by Sky Sports

Let the investigation occur (questions are already being asked) and the truth (or part thereof) will out :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Read my reply to big Steve, I have nothing more to say on the matter really

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:14 pm

bluescarlet wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

No " nickers in twist" just reality, 'fraid that's the way it is. It is called life in the 21st century.
It is our claim culture which has caused this problem, sneeze and someone is blamed anything for a sneaky dollar or two

Bus crash??? when local busses running shops open where's health and safety there ohh don't forget their shop is open ? Or is it just at pride park where there is no snow as shown on pictures, and Wales is not in derby so what they say is hardly relevant considering so many city fans got there OK. :thumbup:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:16 pm

bluescarlet wrote:
Sven wrote:

Read my reply to Steve Zodiak, I have nothing more to say on the matter really

Not surprised by the above because my point is valid that we're ALL being presumptuous right now! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Sven wrote:
bluescarlet wrote:
Sven wrote:

Not surprised by the above because my point is valid that we're ALL being presumptuous right now! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

No valid point really.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:25 pm

bluescarlet wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluescarlet wrote:
Sven wrote:

No valid point really.

I thought that was all you had to say on the matter? :?

Valid point indeed, i.e. you're guessing rather than knowing (like others) ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Boro Forum:

Brunners Wrote:
Apparently Derby only had 10 senior players fit to train on Friday so yeah, stinks a little bit.

Derby club shop tweeted that they were going to remain open 10-4 today then quickly deleted it. Hope the EFL and FA look into this as it absolutely stinks

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:28 pm

bluescarlet wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluescarlet wrote:
Sven wrote:

No valid point really.

I thought you said you have nothing more to say on the matter? Hmmmm.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:33 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
bluescarlet wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluescarlet wrote:
Sven wrote:

No valid point really.

He meant nothing intelligent to say...

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:09 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
bluescarlet wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluescarlet wrote:
Sven wrote:

No valid point really.

His point is health and safety yet no snow at ground all shops open Inc club shop and all public transport in city so where is the health and safety issue Derby dales
Old codgers club ? :laughing6:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:
bluescarlet wrote:
Sven wrote:
bluescarlet wrote:
Sven wrote:

No valid point really.

His point is health and safety yet no snow at ground all shops open Inc club shop and all public transport in city so where is the health and safety issue Derby dales
Old codgers club ? :laughing6:

Just had a look on their forum and most are happy that it gives the time to get injured players back. One or two saying game should definitely have been on. How this is supposed to be H&S issue is beyond me when they played Fulham recently...

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:18 pm

You do realise it wasn’t called off for health and safety

Because derby couldn’t get staff to the ground ... that in its self is absolutely no excuse considering all business around the ground are open

Professional football club having a laugh

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:39 pm

I can't actually believe how either brazen or amateur DCFC have been with this. To have plows for the Fulham game and then not a sole in sight or anyone to meet our squad on arrival. The shop being open and advertised on Twitter and then taken down in a panic as they said their staff couldn't get in. Even their own player doing rolling eyes in reply to GH tweet. Its so blatantly obvious they have made 0 effort to get this game on! Problem for them is that if I was the FA I would use the Fulham game as a precedent for them. unfortunately for us we will pay the price and no doubt this extra game will not only effect the rearranged fixture with them (injured plyers being back) but our following game after as we will have less rest than our opposition! Stinks!!!

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:59 pm

@EFL: An announcement was made at 8.30am and the EFL is satisfied from the information shared that these were the reasons the match was postponed & will provide Cardiff City with the opportunity to proivde any additonal
information they feel is relevant, before responding further.

@EFL: The decision to postpone this afternoon’s fixture between @dcfcofficial and @CardiffCityFC was made first thing this morning following discussions between Derby County, Derbyshire Police and the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG).

@EFL: It was taken in the interests of spectator safety following heavy overnight snow falling in the Derby area which had built up on the roads surrounding the stadium. 

Cardiff City were informed of the decision and the reasons behind it as soon as it was reached.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:I can't actually believe how either brazen or amateur DCFC have been with this. To have plows for the Fulham game and then not a sole in sight or anyone to meet our squad on arrival. The shop being open and advertised on Twitter and then taken down in a panic as they said their staff couldn't get in. Even their own player doing rolling eyes in reply to GH tweet. Its so blatantly obvious they have made 0 effort to get this game on! Problem for them is that if I was the FA I would use the Fulham game as a precedent for them. unfortunately for us we will pay the price and no doubt this extra game will not only effect the rearranged fixture with them (injured plyers being back) but our following game after as we will have less rest than our opposition! Stinks!!!

Good point. It’s a double whammy - we’ve lost the advantage of facing a depleted side out of form to now having to face what will probably be a much different prospect as well as compromising our other fixtures due to reduced recovery time.
All because a club can abuse the situation to cheat their way out of fulfilling a fixture.