Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK ON 'DISGRACEFUL' DERBY POSTPONEMENT

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:32 pm

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock describes Derby postponement a 'disgrace'
Sky Sports News

Sunday 18th March 2018

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock has described the decision to postpone their fixture against Derby in the Championship as a "disgrace".

The match was scheduled for a midday kick-off on Sunday, but with heavy snowfall and freezing temperatures police and Derby officials cited safety concerns for the cancellation.

Cardiff, who came into the fixture on a seven-match winning run, could have reduced the deficit to league leaders Wolves to three points with victory at Pride Park.

"It's a disgrace quite frankly," Warnock told Sky Sports News.

"I am sorry, I can't accept that today - it's not safe? We have come out from the middle of the countryside in the coach and the roads have been perfectly all right, so I just don't know where they are coming from with this.

"It leaves a sour taste for all the people that have travelled."

Opposition manager Gary Rowett has suffered injury problems this week with only 10 senior players fit to train on Friday, according to reports, and Warnock admitted he could have predicted the game to be called off.

"I am very disappointed obviously," he added. "I am not overly surprised if I am honest. When I heard Gary's remarks earlier in the week if we can get over this weekend's injury crisis with this game we should be all right after the event.

"You look at the game two weeks ago against Fulham here, it was 10 times worse. There were snow ploughs outside.

"As you see here the car parks are clear, all the shops are open. We have got some of our fans outside that have travelled some distance.

"We have got some Derby fans outside that have come from miles away and you see all the comments."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... a-disgrace
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK ON 'DISGRACEFUL' DERBY POSTPONEMENT

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:21 pm

Sven wrote:Cardiff boss Neil Warnock describes Derby postponement a 'disgrace'
Sky Sports News

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock has described the decision to postpone their fixture against Derby in the Championship as a "disgrace".

The match was scheduled for a midday kick-off on Sunday, but with heavy snowfall and freezing temperatures police and Derby officials cited safety concerns for the cancellation.

Cardiff, who came into the fixture on a seven-match winning run, could have reduced the deficit to league leaders Wolves to three points with victory at Pride Park.

"I am sorry, I can't accept that today - it's not safe? We have come out from the middle of the countryside in the coach and the roads have been perfectly all right, so I just don't know where they are coming from with this.

Opposition manager Gary Rowett has suffered injury problems this week with only 10 senior players fit to train on Friday, according to reports, and Warnock admitted he could have predicted the game to be called off.

"I am very disappointed obviously," he added. "I am not overly surprised if I am honest. When I heard Gary's remarks earlier in the week if we can get over this weekend's injury crisis with this game we should be all right after the event.

"You look at the game two weeks ago against Fulham here, it was 10 times worse. There were snow ploughs outside.

"As you see here the car parks are clear, all the shops are open. We have got some of our fans outside that have travelled some distance.

"We have got some Derby fans outside that have come from miles away and you see all the comments."

totally agree with him and there was no one to meet them when they got to the ground and that's a disgrace

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:30 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Sven wrote:Cardiff boss Neil Warnock describes Derby postponement a 'disgrace'
Sky Sports News

totally agree with him and there was no one to meet them when they got to the ground and that's a disgrace

They are on the slide anyway, karma will catch up with them anyhow in the form of millwall, boro or Preston.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:56 pm

Wikipedia now has a picture of Gary Rowett on its 'Snowflake' page.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Looks like the EFL are backing Derby County. Statement just Issued. Cardiff City can respond.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:17 pm

I hope we do respond , it's completely disgraceful how Derby have acted.
They are totally scared of us.
When we played them at home , they parked the bus and rarely ventured out of their own half.
Cowards of the highest order .
On the bright side we are 7 points clear with a game in hand.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:23 pm

We should push for the 24th April rather than the 17th. Derby have a hard run in

Sund h
PNE A
Bolt h
wolves a
14th Burton H
17th .......
21st Boro h
24th .........
28th villa A

Barnsley h

for us on the 14th we have Norwich away which is almost Holland, but on the 21st we have our late KO against forest at home.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:24 pm

It's a miracle we are in the automoatic promotion spots this season. We've not only had the worst injury crisis in the league for months, but some of the official's decisions againts us have been absolutely staggering. By far the worst I have seen in many many years. But this tops them all! I am dumbfounded there won't be a full investigation into this. It absolutly stinks and brings the game into disrepute. Boro were docked points for far far less! As they also sit just behind Derby in the table they must be livid.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:25 pm

Geoff Blue wrote:Looks like the EFL are backing Derby County. Statement just Issued. Cardiff City can respond.

No surprise there, easier than having to have the stomach to make a proper decision.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Geoff Blue wrote:Looks like the EFL are backing Derby County. Statement just Issued. Cardiff City can respond.

No surprise there, easier than having to have the stomach to make a proper decision.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:36 pm

Efl said on ssn it was derby who called game off due to h&S issues at ground and Efl accept this reason? :shock:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Efl said on ssn it was derby who called game off due to h&S issues at ground and Efl accept this reason? :shock:

Wasn't what Derby said at 1st though was it. They said it was staff couldn't get to work!

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:45 pm

So I guess that Leicester City must have little regard for their staff's safety then? :roll:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:09 pm

Anyone remember when Warnock conveniently got a match abandoned when it suited him?

These things happen. I can't see what the problem is? Every team in the league would take advantage of the weather if their squad was depleted by injuries.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:17 pm

You can't see what the problem is? How about the fans that took the trouble to get there or halfway there at their own expense, then had to turn around. Fine if there was a genuine problem, but this looks awful fishy.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:19 pm

AV3 wrote:Anyone remember when Warnock conveniently got a match abandoned when it suited him?

These things happen. I can't see what the problem is? Every team in the league would take advantage of the weather if their squad was depleted by injuries.

No. Which game was this?

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:34 pm

OK, I'll rephrase it. I can't see what the fuss is about.

Paul, it was Sheffield United v West Brom. Sheffield United ended the game (which was abandoned) with 6 players

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:37 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
AV3 wrote:Anyone remember when Warnock conveniently got a match abandoned when it suited him?

No. Which game was this?

Certainly wasn't while he was in charge of us. I guess its no surprise Villa fans didn't want to see us potentially go another three points in front of them. If our game was scheduled for yesterday and been postponed I think it might have been a different reaction. I sympathise with you in the sense that you probably did play in worse conditions than we were due to. Many Cardiff fans have said Derby have made a travesty of the fact that all other top 6 teams [other than us obviously] this weekend played and they have gained an unfair advantage as when they play everyone involved at the top now, they are likely to be at full strength which might be vital come the end of the season. This isn't just about our game being postponed its about the integrity of the competition. The fact that Rowett was bleating about it in his press conference indicated he didn't really fancy it and the strong possibility of his club sliding out of the play off picture with another defeat given the results from the chasing pack yesterday.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:39 pm

To be honest AV3 that re-phrasing still means the same thing however you want to say it. Funny how the Leicester game is snowless, & 24 miles between the grounds??? We had people actually at the ground & I guess many Leicester City staff came from similar areas to where the Derby staff would come from. They made it ok. I guess Derby just didn't fancy it!!
Last edited by BLUE54 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:41 pm

Thought of you as a decent poster till now! Cant see the problem, recent posts from you are typical villa, billy big time, hoping this knocks us back, im sure it wont, but make us stronger. Do one and fook off

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:41 pm

Arrived back from Derby about 3 today.

I got to Derby Saturday about 16.30, it snowed yes but around the ground was clear, not slippery at all. Copper parked outside McDonalds said the club called it not the Police or council.

Buses running as normal, even Derby fans turning up wondering why it was cancelled, pitch was clear and all entrances had no snow or Ice. Shop staff also there. Bloke who worked in hotel we stayed in travelled from 9 miles outside Derby to get to work said roads fine.

AV3, the fact Vile are only given us 2000 tickets shows how shit scared you are that Fulham will do you in the Play-Offs :wave: :wave:

:banghead:

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:46 pm

It certainly helps Villa & Fulham if Derby are playing you with a stronger team than they would have done yesterday.

I have been to away games that have been called off. I have also been half way there when they were called off. Ultimately though, as a fan, I want what is best for my team (as I'm sure all of you would). If there is a chance of calling a game off to ease the injury situation, I'd be all for it.

I don't think there's any doubt that had the roles been reversed, Derby would have played that game today. It brings the integrity of the game into question but I don't think that Warnock is in any position to take the moral high ground.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:49 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Arrived back from Derby about 3 today.

I got to Derby Saturday about 16.30, it snowed yes but around the ground was clear, not slippery at all. Copper parked outside McDonalds said the club called it not the Police or council.

Buses running as normal, even Derby fans turning up wondering why it was cancelled, pitch was clear and all entrances had no snow or Ice. Shop staff also there. Bloke who worked in hotel we stayed in travelled from 9 miles outside Derby to get to work said roads fine.

AV3, the fact Vile are only given us 2000 tickets shows how shit scared you are that Fulham will do you in the Play-Offs :wave: :wave:

I read 2,600 tickets, which is double what you take normally so nobody is going to miss out. You have the normal away section that every other team gets.

PS, please don't call us "Vile" it really bothers me.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:49 pm

AV3 is Roathy lads, ignore old oddjob and he'll recede back into his dungeon and then get his sexbots to punish him. Cuckoo!

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:53 pm

AV3 wrote:OK, I'll rephrase it. I can't see what the fuss is about.

Paul, it was Sheffield United v West Brom. Sheffield United ended the game (which was abandoned) with 6 players

Oh yeah I remember - West Brom ended up with a walkover win didn’t they?

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:57 pm

The problem is derby called game off because they had injury hit team ? that is not a reason however to call a game off ! There is not one bit of evidence supporting derby's decision that there was h&s issues , it's nothing to do with other teams making same decision in same predicament it's about today and the minipulation of the efl which brings game into disrapute :|

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

The problem is derby called game off because they had injury hit team ? that is not a reason however to call a game off ! There is not one bit of evidence supporting derby's decision that there was h&s issues , it's nothing to do with other teams making same decision in same predicament it's about today and the minipulation of the efl which brings game into disrapute :|

My point is that given what is at stake in terms of PL money and even people's livelihoods, it is a bit short sighted to think that Derby are isolated here - Everyone would take advantage of the conditions, not least Neil Warnock if it worked in their favour.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:02 pm

AV3 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Arrived back from Derby about 3 today.

I read 2,600 tickets, which is double what you take normally so nobody is going to miss out. You have the normal away section that every other team gets.

PS, please don't call us "Vile" it really bothers me.

VILE VILE VILE VILE

Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:54 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
AV3 wrote:OK, I'll rephrase it. I can't see what the fuss is about.

Oh yeah I remember - West Brom ended up with a walkover win didn’t they?

Once a team is down to 7 players the game is called off and the points awarded to the other side.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:36 pm

I know we're all fuming and rightly so. For a moment imagine the situation that faced the DCFC employee who literally dropped their hole scam public by making a stupid tweet. He/she perhaps thought they were being a right clever d1ck and would sell a few tops!! The fire storm they must have received did make me chuckle!! Sacked in the morning!!