EFL Statement

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EFL Statement

Postby the blue beast » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:03 pm

@EFL: An announcement was made at 8.30am and the EFL is satisfied from the information shared that these were the reasons the match was postponed & will provide Cardiff City with the opportunity to proivde any additonal
information they feel is relevant, before responding further.

@EFL: The decision to postpone this afternoon’s fixture between @dcfcofficial and @CardiffCityFC was made first thing this morning following discussions between Derby County, Derbyshire Police and the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG).

@EFL: It was taken in the interests of spectator safety following heavy overnight snow falling in the Derby area which had built up on the roads surrounding the stadium. 

Cardiff City were informed of the decision and the reasons behind it as soon as it was reached.
I'm not there yet, but I'm closer than yesterday.
the blue beast

EFL Statement

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: EFL Statement

Postby davids » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:07 pm

All pictorial evidence of the stadium and the roads in the immediate vicinity of the ground suggest that to be absolute bollocks.

Someone just send them some of those photos showing the roads to be clear.

The fact that public transport was still running is damning in the extreme.

No surprise though that the spineless wankers at the EFL would take this view.

Idiots.
davids

Postby Sam ReaN » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:07 pm

What EFL does not simply want a Welsh side to get promotion, an English league, they have not looked into it and had a very thoughtful look at the travelling fans and the unsuspiciously bad behaviour from Derby County side, with police in the surrounding area of Derby allowed the game to go on, pathetic from this league and from Derby
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:10 pm

What evidence is there to say snow was around stadium? All pictures posted show no snow there and local busses were running fans travelled 150 miles!! why were club shop staff allowed in if not safe, the list is long to contradict their version of things. spineless from efl if believe derby's reasons for postponement. After all
Leicester staff no problems getting in and live basically same area as derby ones. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:13 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:What EFL does not simply want a Welsh side to get promotion, an English league, they have not looked into it and had a very thoughtful look at the travelling fans and the unsuspiciously bad behaviour from Derby County side, with police in the surrounding area of Derby allowed the game to go on, pathetic from this league and from Derby

What League are Swansea (sadly) in, Sam? :?
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:14 pm

Reading that statement - they will get away with this without any punishment at all... A despicable cop out by the looks of things. Right now, I would be seriously tempted to tell them to screw any re-arranged fixture even if it cost us promotion, though I'll probably calm down later :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: .
Bluebird For Life

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:18 pm

As been pointed out these people must be using the alps as surrounding area criteria? , either that or were at wrong stadium? :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby epping blue » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:19 pm

I don't get this. were the Police part of this decision or not ? I thought they said at 8am that everything was OK for the game to go ahead. The EFL are now reporting that they were part of the decision to postpone it. It stinks I'm afraid.
epping blue

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:21 pm

epping blue wrote:I don't get this. were the Police part of this decision or not ? I thought they said at 8am that everything was OK for the game to go ahead. The EFL are now reporting that they were part of the decision to postpone it. It stinks I'm afraid.

Or was it because staff couldn't get in as derby stated? Someone should make there minds up :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby darran1927 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
epping blue wrote:I don't get this. were the Police part of this decision or not ? I thought they said at 8am that everything was OK for the game to go ahead. The EFL are now reporting that they were part of the decision to postpone it. It stinks I'm afraid.

Or was it because staff couldn't get in as derby stated? Someone should make there minds up :laughing6:

Only staff for game though, staff from clubshop were unaffected :lol:
darran1927

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Efl said on sky it was derby who made decision on safety grounds for fans staff and officials. :twisted:
pembroke allan

Postby The Cobra » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:37 pm

email them at. enquiries@efl.com and don't hold back on your feelings! :bluebird:
The Cobra

Postby BLUE54 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:39 pm

No surprise at this outcome. I wouldn't be surprised if they schedule the replay between the Villa & Wolves games either.
BLUE54

Postby Bluebina » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:07 pm

BLUE54 wrote:No surprise at this outcome. I wouldn't be surprised if they schedule the replay between the Villa & Wolves games either.

Who decides when the replays take place ???
Bluebina

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Bluebina wrote:
BLUE54 wrote:No surprise at this outcome. I wouldn't be surprised if they schedule the replay between the Villa & Wolves games either.

Who decides when the replays take place ???

Efl and nw reckons it will be 17 April giving us 3 away games in row :old:
pembroke allan

Postby jon1959 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:54 pm

The DCFC Police Team tweeted this morning to say that the decision was made by the club.

The EFL statement just says that the club made the decision to postpone after discussions with the police and Safety Advisory Group. It sounds like weasel words to me - the decision was made by Derby County, but presented to sound as if it was endorsed by the police and other agencies. The police contribution to the discussions (consistent with their morning tweets) could have been 'no problems - carry on with the match'!
jon1959

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:59 pm

If Cardiff were informed why did they turn up to the stadium, f**king idiots. :lol:
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:33 pm

The police were keen to distance themselves from the decision to how can the EFL actually release that statement?

It stinks.
WelshPatriot

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Attachments
Screenshot_20180318-183533.png
Screenshot_20180318-183533.png (154.75 KiB) Viewed 1996 times
WelshPatriot

Postby Mr Potato » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:14 pm

DCFC rams police?? Do we have CCFC Bluebirds police?
Mr Potato

Postby boyo1927 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Wow efl what a thorough investigation? Surely just a phone call from Derby with reasons given is not acceptable based on the evidence since given. I have messaged efl myself as yesterday was disgraceful from Derby
boyo1927

Postby DandoCCFC » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:25 pm

I just don't get how we were involved in any decision making of the fixture being postponed, the team bus showed up to the ground ready for the game with no sign of it being postponed.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Bluebird For Life » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:37 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I just don't get how we were involved in any decision making of the fixture being postponed, the team bus showed up to the ground ready for the game with no sign of it being postponed.

if you read the Derby forums that is because Warnock wanted to be interviewed about it by Sky and to have a rant. How appalling is that to suggest that we knew about it but turned up anyway to kick off about it in front of the cameras. The more I read about this, the more I want the EFL to hand out the harshest punishment ever seen against one of their clubs.
Bluebird For Life

Postby DandoCCFC » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:42 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I just don't get how we were involved in any decision making of the fixture being postponed, the team bus showed up to the ground ready for the game with no sign of it being postponed.

if you read the Derby forums that is because Warnock wanted to be interviewed about it by Sky and to have a rant. How appalling is that to suggest that we knew about it but turned up anyway to kick off about it in front of the cameras. The more I read about this, the more I want the EFL to hand out the harshest punishment ever seen against one of their clubs.

Laughable, you'd never go to all that effort to turn up to the ground even when you know the game is off. :lol:

He could have spoke to Sky about it any other day of the week. :lol:
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Return to General Chat