Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Many things just don’t add up! “

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:21 am

A friend of ours in derby noticed forum posts somewhere from stewards before 8am saying they’d not been asked to go in.
One Cardiff bus traveller also tweeted about 8.07am that he arrived and was turned away
There are also tweets from the restaurant after the game was postponed encouraging people to still book for lunch.
There are also lots of tweet replies regarding the work that was being done overnight and during the day to ensure the area around the arena was safe for the John Bishop event - and evidence saying many people were there from early morning.
All of this I feel is supporting evidence and should be considered.
Where is DCFC’s ‘contingency plan’ that was ‘activated’ 3 days prior to the Fulham game when bad weather was forecast - will this be considered?
Many tweets and replies about the gritting work that was undertaken to make the area safe - supporting the photographic evidence of what the ground looked like.
This is all in addition to the admissions of the police and the SAG That they were only told the game was cancelled not consulted.
Crazy if EFL don’t take a stand and unpick and scrutinise all of this

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:“ Many things just don’t add up! “

VINCE ALM:

I have just had a re-cap on yesterday’s events so many things don't add up!

I was told the game was postponed due to staff not be able to get to work at 8.06 am by the Police so somebody had informed them prior to that; Yet the official statement says it was called off at 8.30am in agreement with the football club, Police, and Safety advisory Group due to safety concerns? At 9.23am The police tweet the decision has nothing to do with us? 9.30am Derby County megastore tweet open for business come and see us yet earlier it wasn't deemed safe enough? Sky sports and BBC report match postponed due to a frozen pitch? who informed them of that? EFL then come out and support them with no evidence provided? Neil and the team turn up at the ground yet no official matchday staff their so who inspected the area on behalf of the club?

Anyway plenty of information for me to send to the EFL, Police, and council. I have completed the draft 3 pages long and 20 odd pictures as evidence to forward to the EFL tomorrow.

Big thank you from me to you all who provided me with the pictures, tweets, and evidence. I promise I won't let it go lightly, will work hard to try and get answers, the truth, and some sort of recompense for those who made the journey today.

The referee can only stop play due to a frozen pitch or is that incorrect?

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:27 am

trotskie wrote:I don't think they will give us 3 points however they should for these reasons.

1/ Derby cheated not us
2/ We would have won and got 3 points ( I know its not a guarantee but it was the most likely outcome)
3/ If we have to play the game again it will most likely cost us more points in other games due to a ridiculously busy schedule.

Why should Villa, Fulham and Wolves all gain an advantage on us due to Derby cheating?

A 3-0 Cardiff win punishes Derby and gives us the 3 points we probably would have got anyway.
I also think Derby should have to cover all Cardiff fans expenses and compensate them for wasting there time.

If we did this they would want us chucked out the league!!

its not the most likely outcome at all and shouldnt be taken into account.

A fine for Derby - certainly
a points deduction - shouldnt be ruled out
but we should still have to play the game, and personally i want us to

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:30 am

elephantstone wrote:A friend of ours in derby noticed forum posts somewhere from stewards before 8am saying they’d not been asked to go in.
One Cardiff bus traveller also tweeted about 8.07am that he arrived and was turned away
There are also tweets from the restaurant after the game was postponed encouraging people to still book for lunch.
There are also lots of tweet replies regarding the work that was being done overnight and during the day to ensure the area around the arena was safe for the John Bishop event - and evidence saying many people were there from early morning.
All of this I feel is supporting evidence and should be considered.
Where is DCFC’s ‘contingency plan’ that was ‘activated’ 3 days prior to the Fulham game when bad weather was forecast - will this be considered?
Many tweets and replies about the gritting work that was undertaken to make the area safe - supporting the photographic evidence of what the ground looked like.
This is all in addition to the admissions of the police and the SAG That they were only told the game was cancelled not consulted.
Crazy if EFL don’t take a stand and unpick and scrutinise all of this

This I believe is why absolutely everyone have distanced themselves from the club! There was simply too much going on and on the face it, the council worked flat out to ensure all events would go ahead, a kick in the teeth to say it’s unsafe, how can they support one event to be called off yet promote others. Derby clearly didn’t think this through, and still they are trying to justify it. The longer they leave it the worse it gets for them.