“ Many things just don’t add up! “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:22 am

VINCE ALM:

I have just had a re-cap on yesterday’s events so many things don't add up!

I was told the game was postponed due to staff not be able to get to work at 8.06 am by the Police so somebody had informed them prior to that; Yet the official statement says it was called off at 8.30am in agreement with the football club, Police, and Safety advisory Group due to safety concerns? At 9.23am The police tweet the decision has nothing to do with us? 9.30am Derby County megastore tweet open for business come and see us yet earlier it wasn't deemed safe enough? Sky sports and BBC report match postponed due to a frozen pitch? who informed them of that? EFL then come out and support them with no evidence provided? Neil and the team turn up at the ground yet no official matchday staff their so who inspected the area on behalf of the club?

Anyway plenty of information for me to send to the EFL, Police, and council. I have completed the draft 3 pages long and 20 odd pictures as evidence to forward to the EFL tomorrow.

Big thank you from me to you all who provided me with the pictures, tweets, and evidence. I promise I won't let it go lightly, will work hard to try and get answers, the truth, and some sort of recompense for those who made the journey today.
Attachments
a_general_view_of_ipro_stadium_prior_to_the_sky_bet_championship_646942.jpg
a_general_view_of_ipro_stadium_prior_to_the_sky_bet_championship_646942.jpg (40.1 KiB) Viewed 4985 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Many things just don’t add up! “

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:27 am

i hope the club and people like vince dont just drop this and forget it. its clear that we've been stitched up here
paulh_85

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:33 am

paulh_85 wrote:i hope the club and people like vince dont just drop this and forget it. its clear that we've been stitched up here

I believe also our club should pursue this.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Stringfellow » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:39 am

Couldn’t agree more, I said at 6am when somebody said they will call it off as they don’t want to play us that it’s 2018 and the championship and that couldn’t possibly happen. Am not one to jump on the bandwagon if it needed to be called off then so be it, but yesterday doesn’t add up whatsoever further more they kept digging holes for themselves. Many lads wasted time and days booked off on Monday.

If they were going to tuck us up at least have the decency to do it the previous evening or early doors. No thought for all the fans who some walked miles to get to pick up points. It’s caedoff we aren’t glamorous and it will be brushed under the carpet. I hope Warnock uses this as motivation when we do play them and we beat them well to put them out of the play offs. Quite simply didn’t fancy playing us.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:23 am

It all seems very fishy to me.
If the circumstances were reversed no doubt we would be in massive trouble.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:36 am

Safety advisory group had no say in postponement as was nothing to do with the stadium which generally is their roll. Surrounding areas are generally policing matters so they could postone it but apparently had no objection to game . It appears derby leant on all relevant parties to get game off no other plausible explination.
pembroke allan

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:38 am

I hope that this match won't happen, and the league just give us the 3points, as all this was Derby's fault
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Wayne S » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:59 am

Nothing will happen concerning what has passed but the pressure should be kept on in an attempt to get our own way when it comes to the new date.

If the outcome of the pressure is the new date being set for 24th April and Derby County pay the travel costs of those who cannot get a refund then I think that will be all we can hope for.

Perhaps a little bit of guilt may see Derby and the EFL give us the date and the refunds.
Wayne S

Postby Wayne S » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:59 am

Sam ReaN wrote:I hope that this match won't happen, and the league just give us the 3points, as all this was Derby's fault

Will NEVER happen too many clubs around us will complain.
Wayne S

Postby sid61284 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:01 am

Let's go up there and smash them on the 17th or 18th and seal promotion.

Could put us 10 clear with 3 to play. If we match villa and Fulham until then
sid61284

Postby adamt958 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:08 am

IMO derby should conduct fitness tests today & only players available for this fixture from both clubs be available to play the rearranged fixture.but it will never happen.
"It's Andy Campbell, it's in!" "Up,up and away to division one!"
adamt958

Postby Mr Potato » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:12 am

What about the clubs around derby all aiming for play offs? Villa and Fulham will complain about us but several clubs will feel cheated by this, and the precedent it sets, if the efl don’t do anything could be far worse.

It appears police and sag had nothing to do with this which the EFL was advised otherwise, according to their statement. No one actually seems to know why the game was called off. Not sure they cannot act.
Mr Potato

Postby nubbsy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:16 pm

Well done Vincent's. I hope they get docked points and fall out of the play offs. Cheating bastards with absolutely no thought to all those who made the journey.
nubbsy

Postby AfricanBluebird » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:32 pm

They are tripping over their own lies.

Its absurd. If the EFL investigate they may be deducted points as they have obviously lied and put pressure on people to get the game postponed.

However, NW will use this as motivation and I amnsure we will smash them when we do play them.

NW is always good in these situations.
AfricanBluebird

Postby Bluebina » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:42 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:They are tripping over their own lies.

Its absurd. If the EFL investigate they may be deducted points as they have obviously lied and put pressure on people to get the game postponed.

However, NW will use this as motivation and I amnsure we will smash them when we do play them.

NW is always good in these situations.

Spot on, a quick call to the Managers of clubs in and around the playoffs and the complaints will come in from many club's which can't be ignored or buried under the carpet.

Warnock will galvanize the club, and we will go from strength to strength, I can see crowds growing and fans more determined than ever to get behind the team !!!

It will backfire on the cheats, you watch !!!!
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:46 pm

If anyone has got the time Adrian Durham would probably cover this well, it would give him something to talk about for a couple of hours, and although not our greatest fan, he doesn't like injustice or cheating !!!!

Send him an email, especially if someone already has one typed out, if anyone knows Vince ask him, as he has already done a lot of work on this.
Last edited by Bluebina on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluebina

Postby Danny Says » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:46 pm

One can only hope that it doesn't backfire on us playing a rejunevated and stronger Derby team next month and they get pipped for the play off spot. :old:
Danny Says

Postby DandoCCFC » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:I hope that this match won't happen, and the league just give us the 3points, as all this was Derby's fault

Will NEVER happen too many clubs around us will complain.

You are sadly correct which is shame as other clubs deep down know it's the right thing to do.

All the facts are there and the EFL would be very naive to ignore them.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby elephantstone » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:45 pm

There is realms of evidence to illustrate what a farce this is. In addition to all the pictures and statements confirming it was solely DCFC decision
Looking at their comments relating to ‘contingency plans’ a few weeks ago.
Countless tweets in relation to gritters
Derby councils information page on the gritting procedures
The arena being fully operational during the day to the John Bishop team and staff
The tweets confirming attempts made to ensure the show went ahead
Tweets from staff who worked in restaurants and club shop
Some stewards saying they were there, some said they’d already been told not to turn up
So much conflicting information and I hope every single bit of evidence is considered
elephantstone

Postby epping blue » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:16 pm

They knew they were pulling a fast one and that at very best it would be a contentcious decision. They went ahead without the involvement of their partners who now wont give them the backing they want. They thought they'd let us know and back to Wales we'd go. But he's a wiley old devil is Warnock. The last thing they expected was for the team bus to turn up at the ground and find barely enough snow to make a snow ball. It was a sham and they've been caught out. They need to fess up and we can all move on.
epping blue

Postby AfricanBluebird » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:44 am

The ball is now in the EFL court and let's see what they do.

Some key points:

- Derby stewards told well before 8.30 Sunday not to turn up
- No officials were at the ground when Cardiff turned up, hence indicating that the calling off was a 'done deal' way before anyone was officially informed
- Police and local authority deny they were involved in the decision and were not consulted until after Derby called it off
- The club shop was initially open and encouraging fans to 'come along' - that alone is a huge contradiction to calling the game off (if the ground was safe enough for people to come along to the club shop it would be safe enough to get to the ground)
- Photos of Derby and surrounding areas showing it was clear
- There were no weather warnings
- Initial comments that the pitch was frozen have now disappeared and Derby have dropped that from the narrative of why the game was called off
- Derby Manager already indicating earlier in the week that he needed to 'get over' the weekend due to suspensions and injuries, alluding to the fact he would be happy for the game to not go ahead

So much evidence that Derby called the game off independently, much earlier than they said, and without justification.

Derby hugely benefited from the game being called off due to players being suspended and injured who will now be available for the replay.

Of course the game HAS to be replayed, we cannot expect to be granted three points for nothing, but we can expect fans to be compensated, Derby docked points and a full and formal apology to our club.

I would also like the EFL to allow us to pick the replay date.

Sadly whenever the replay does happen Derby will have gotten over their injury crisis and key players available after serving their suspensions, so you could argue that we are still disadvantaged. Maybe Derby should be made pick and play only those players who were available on Sunday but of course that wont happen, but would seem just.

I hope the EFL has a pair of balls because honestly the whole think stinks and Derby should be made an example of.
AfricanBluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:48 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:The ball is now in the EFL court and let's see what they do.

Some key points:

- No officials were at the ground when Cardiff turned up, hence indicating that the calling off was a 'done deal' way before anyone was officially informed
- Police and local authority deny they were involved in the decision and were not consulted until after Derby called it off
- The club shop was initially open and encouraging fans to 'come along' - that alone is a huge contradiction to calling the game off (if the ground was safe enough for people to come along to the club shop it would be safe enough to get to the ground)
- Initial comments that the pitch was frozen have now disappeared and Derby have dropped that from the narrative of why the game was called off
- Derby Manager already indicating earlier in the week that he needed to 'get over' the weekend due to suspensions and injuries, alluding to the fact he would be happy for the game to not go ahead

So much evidence that Derby called the game off independently, much earlier than they said, and without justification.

Derby hugely benefited from the game being called off due to players being suspended and injured who will now be available for the replay.

Of course the game HAS to be replayed, we cannot expect to be granted three points for nothing, but we can expect fans to be compensated, Derby docked points and a full and formal apology to our club.

Sadly whenever the replay does happen Derby will have gotten over their injury crisis and key players available after serving their suspensions, so you could argue that we are still disadvantaged. Maybe Derby should be made pick and play only those players who were available on Sunday but of course that wont happen, but would seem just.

I hope the EFL has a pair of balls because honestly the whole think stinks and Derby should be made an example of.

is there proof they were told before 8:30? because that would be significant
paulh_85

Postby AfricanBluebird » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:53 am

Mr Potato wrote:What about the clubs around derby all aiming for play offs? Villa and Fulham will complain about us but several clubs will feel cheated by this, and the precedent it sets, if the efl don’t do anything could be far worse.

It appears police and sag had nothing to do with this which the EFL was advised otherwise, according to their statement. No one actually seems to know why the game was called off. Not sure they cannot act.

Good point, other teams in and around the play-offs are also short changed by this decision as Derby, undoubtedly, have a better chance against us in the rescheduled game, than they did on Sunday when they were hit by so many injuries and suspensions.

They key thing for me is that if the EFL feel they were lied to and manipulated by Derby they will come down hard on them. However, they have traditionally lacked balls and if they think that it only affected us then it will be a whitewash
AfricanBluebird

Postby AfricanBluebird » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:56 am

paulh_85 wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:The ball is now in the EFL court and let's see what they do.

Some key points:

is there proof they were told before 8:30? because that would be significant

From what I understand some Stewards turned up on Sunday and were surprised that other stewards and other members of staff were not there. They then discovered that many had already been told not to turn up by the club way before the 8.30 time. Whether the EFL will go as far as getting statements from stewards and staff I doubt, sadly.
AfricanBluebird

Postby epping blue » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:33 am

It's in their own interests to come clean on this straight away. As things stand right now I would expect the EFL to give them the benefit of the doubt, however little of that we think exists. The EFL will want to do that. They wont want to think their rules have been broken, they wont want the scrap that will unfold enforcing those rules and as the weather was poor that weekend they'll think there's some general sympathy with Derby. However the conditions in and around that ground, or the wider city didn't warrant the cancellation of that match.

The problem for Derby is there's far too many loose ends, far too many people involved and sure enough somewhere lies a smoking gun. This is football, apart from fans, loyalties are paper thin. The truth will out in the end and if we've failed in our quest from here on in, then it could be reasonable to think that this fiasco played some part. Even if we win the game when played it could be argued that the extra game in an already packed schedule put us at a disadvantage.

If you look back to the West Ham / Sheff Utd saga, bring forward the settlements to the current market you realise the value of losing a place in the premiership through unjust means could be crippling. At least West Ham got o stay in the premiership.
epping blue

Postby trotskie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:56 am

IF the EFL don't get this right and we fail to go up Vinnie will be suing for an awful lot of money. IMO the only fair solution is to give us a 0-3 win anything thing else punishes us as we will have a packed fixture list whenever it plays so will give an advantage to wolves, Fulham and villa.
trotskie

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:00 am

Not sure why people seem to think they will give us 3 points.

The game must and will be played.
Derby will probably get a slap on the wrist or at worst a 3 point deduction.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Mr Potato » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:14 am

I don’t think many are expecting the 3 points but, I think many would like to see a deduction of their points, a fine and for them to have pay for tickets and travel to all those they shafted. They have dropped a 3stone bollock here and there are only so many times you can change a statement, they are coming across like dirty politicians at the moment.
Mr Potato

Postby Bluebina » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 am

trotskie wrote:IF the EFL don't get this right and we fail to go up Vinnie will be suing for an awful lot of money. IMO the only fair solution is to give us a 0-3 win anything thing else punishes us as we will have a packed fixture list whenever it plays so will give an advantage to wolves, Fulham and villa.

It could have a massive effect on us, imagine if we suffer injuries to Zohore, Hoilett, and Morrison due to the number of games in a short space of time, it could cost us automatic promotion.

Also, points or goal difference could be affected by the delay, it will not be taken into account, but this could have lasting implications !!!!
Bluebina

Postby trotskie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:19 am

I don't think they will give us 3 points however they should for these reasons.

1/ Derby cheated not us
2/ We would have won and got 3 points ( I know its not a guarantee but it was the most likely outcome)
3/ If we have to play the game again it will most likely cost us more points in other games due to a ridiculously busy schedule.

Why should Villa, Fulham and Wolves all gain an advantage on us due to Derby cheating?

A 3-0 Cardiff win punishes Derby and gives us the 3 points we probably would have got anyway.
I also think Derby should have to cover all Cardiff fans expenses and compensate them for wasting there time.

If we did this they would want us chucked out the league!!
trotskie

Next

Return to General Chat