BREAKING: DERBY COUNTY LIED / AS POLICE CONFIRM

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING: DERBY COUNTY LIED / AS POLICE CONFIRM

Postby billy ronson » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:34 pm

They must have thought there was going to be more snowfall than actually fell and now they look rather silly in my opinion.
:?:
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:41 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Everyone is talking about the procedure which needs to be followed before a game is called off. Does anyone know exactly what that procedure is?

By that I mean does it have to be a unanimous decision (DCFC/Safe Advisory Group/Police) or can just one of them pull the plug?

Well derby cannot call it off on their own
They would need efl approval 1st! but police certainly can and sag can if its the actual stadium thats the problem? despite anything a club can say as they have the power in law. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby castleblue » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Head of the Safety Advisory Group now saying the first involvement he had was after he was told the game was off

Derby have issued a new statement regarding the postponement:

We fully complied with all the matchday operational regulations surrounding the postponement of the game," said the club's chief public relations officer Paul Tyrrell.

"The decision was fully supported by the independent Safety Advisory Group, who are responsible for ensuring that the club complies with the terms and conditions of our Safety Certificate."

Interesting that it makes NO reference to the Police being involved, how could it given the statement issued by Derby Constabulary today, and now NO reference to discussions with the SAG just that "Decision" to postpone was "Fully Supported" by the SAG.

Derby County need to stop digging and come clean as there can be little doubt now that they, and they alone, took the decision to postpone this match and that they misrepresented how that decision was made in communicating details to the EFL.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Everyone is talking about the procedure which needs to be followed before a game is called off. Does anyone know exactly what that procedure is?

By that I mean does it have to be a unanimous decision (DCFC/Safe Advisory Group/Police) or can just one of them pull the plug?

Takes all 3 to decide and includes talking to the ref and opposition club.

This clearly was not done with both the police and advisory group now saying that they were not involved it was a Derby FC official?

You couldn't make it up and with the EFL now taking a step back to look at it, they must find who at Derby took the final decision.

Good old Rowett has helped by saying he only had 10 players on the Friday.

Will anything happen?? I'm not hopeful and if not it will show how corrupt in the EFL and Derby FC people are.

It will also be the death knell of spouting off about kick out racism and everything else they push as no one will believe them.

If something happens then Derby should be deducted 3 pts and compensation to all our fans who went :ayatollah:
Pulisnewport

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:45 pm

Biggest culprit here is Sky. The big problem here was the KO time, Stewards couldn't be bothered to make it to the ground at that time of the morning with all the snow around Derbyshire, if it had been a normal KO time, then they would have done. Instead of Derby bending over backwards to find staff, they took the opportunity to call it off, give their injuries and poor form.
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Wouldn’t be surprised if were awarded the 3 points or them deducted points that would stop any club pulling a stunt like this again action deffo needs to be taken and I think it will.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Biggest culprit here is Sky. The big problem here was the KO time, Stewards couldn't be bothered to make it to the ground at that time of the morning with all the snow around Derbyshire, if it had been a normal KO time, then they would have done. Instead of Derby bending over backwards to find staff, they took the opportunity to call it off, give their injuries and poor form.

I have got a horrible feeling that this will be DCFC's get out of jail card. They will plead that staff/stewards etc. couldn't get to the ground that early because of the conditions.

It still sounds like a very dubious excuse but it will probably be enough to get the EFL off the hook when it comes to making a decision against Derby.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Lengee » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:53 pm

If there was a safety meeting then there would be MINUTES. It is now seems c!ear that the Club and no one else took the decision.
I would suggest that a committee representative of this forum should:
1/ write to the EFL on behalf of X number of fans on here AND
2/ try to get on some of the national phone ins (with some clear key bullet points written down beforehand) EG 5 LIVE Talksport etc.

In an ideal world also some TV coverage from a rep from a City Supporters Group or this forum.

The EFL cannot give us the points (unfortunately) but we should put pressure on them to take some action against Derby.
3/ Possibly contact some other forums to see if they will back us Probably nothing will happen but If Derby deliberately cancelled then it is not only unfair on us but also other teams in play off contention.
I appreciate that points 1-3 above may be seen as going over the top but this dirty business really is annoying.any action we can take needs to happen now as this is already yesterdays news.
Lengee

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:54 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Takes all 3 to decide and includes talking to the ref and opposition club.

This clearly was not done with both the police and advisory group now saying that they were not involved it was a Derby FC official?

You couldn't make it up and with the EFL now taking a step back to look at it, they must find who at Derby took the final decision.

Good old Rowett has helped by saying he only had 10 players on the Friday.

Will anything happen?? I'm not hopeful and if not it will show how corrupt in the EFL and Derby FC people are.

It will also be the death knell of spouting off about kick out racism and everything else they push as no one will believe them.

If something happens then Derby should be deducted 3 pts and compensation to all our fans who went :ayatollah:

Cheers :thumbup:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Well derby cannot call it off on their own
They would need efl approval 1st! but police certainly can and sag can if its the actual stadium thats the problem? despite anything a club can say as they have the power in law. :old:

Tony Blue Williams

Postby Mr Potato » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:57 pm

This isn’t looking good for Derby! First the Police and now the Council stating the club called it, EFL now backed into a corner as it’s original statement is a total shambles.
Mr Potato

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:59 pm

Mr Potato wrote:This isn’t looking good for Derby! First the Police and now the Council stating the club called it, EFL now backed into a corner as it’s original statement is a total shambles.

I sense an awarded 3 points I’m Praying. :laughing6:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Wouldn’t be surprised if were awarded the 3 points or them deducted points that would stop any club pulling a stunt like this again action deffo needs to be taken and I think it will.

I hope you are right regarding action being taken against Derby County but I doubt very much we will be awarded the 3 point. It is likely Derby could get deducted 3 points at best as presidence was set a few years ago against Middlesborough. I think this will be warmly welcomes from the clubs fighting for a play off spot.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:02 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Wouldn’t be surprised if were awarded the 3 points or them deducted points that would stop any club pulling a stunt like this again action deffo needs to be taken and I think it will.

I hope you are right regarding action being taken against Derby County but I doubt very much we will be awarded the 3 point. It is likely Derby could get deducted 3 points at best as precidence was set a few years ago against Middlesborough. I think this will be warmly welcomes from the clubs fighting for a play off spot.
Bakedalasker

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:04 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Mr Potato wrote:This isn’t looking good for Derby! First the Police and now the Council stating the club called it, EFL now backed into a corner as it’s original statement is a total shambles.

I sense an awarded 3 points I’m Praying. :laughing6:

That won't happen but a fine which is then used to compensate fans who travelled for nothing would be a welcome outcome.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:06 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

I hope you are right regarding action being taken against Derby County but I doubt very much we will be awarded the 3 point. It is likely Derby could get deducted 3 points at best as presidence was set a few years ago against Middlesborough. I think this will be warmly welcomes from the clubs fighting for a play off spot.

Points awarded or deducted whatever it would be an absolute travesty if they escape any punishment but I’m dreaming of a gift 3 points plz EFL you know it makes sense. :thumbup:
Rydogsccfc

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

I remember the Middlesbrough incident although they were in the Premier League at the time. Apparently they couldn't field a team due to illness and didn't show up for a game against Blackburn back in the 1990's.

I suppose the circumstances are different but the principle is the same so Derby should lose 3 points and pay compensation to travelling Cardiff fans.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:11 pm

I think if I was an official of Bristol, Preston, Middlesbrough, Sheff Utd etc., I would also be looking for an explanation as to why this fixture was cancelled. It may well have a big influence on their season, particularly if Derby end up scraping into a play off place by a couple of points at the expense of one of these clubs. The whole fiasco stinks, and with the financial rewards available for the three teams who get to the PL, I think if it is proven beyond doubt that the primary reason for postponing this game was because of the injury crisis at Derby, the EFL will need to make an example of them and hit them with both a heavy fine and a three point deduction.

Their story does not seem to add up at the moment, but I guess we are not party to all the facts and are looking at this purely from our side of things. I just hope all the facts are made public, and this is not one of those things that gets swept under the carpet. Just relieved that Blatter is not around any more and in charge of the EFL, £10 in his back pocket and everything would be sorted.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Mr Potato » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:22 pm

This is the biggest issue, they have clearly told the EFL that after discussion with the Police and SAG in the interest of safety the game was cancelled. The EFL supported it. Then Derby changed it to exclude the police after they said no, now he council have said no. So with everyone seemingly distancing themselves from this so called conversation it leaves Derby in a spot of bother. The EFL either support a club taking such decisions off its own back, or it has to act.
Mr Potato

Postby blue lagoon » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:11 pm

Even their staff shafting them
Attachments
A4437ED1-7984-47A2-B6BC-95CEFFF51B12.jpeg
A4437ED1-7984-47A2-B6BC-95CEFFF51B12.jpeg (130.14 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby DEL84 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Derbyshire Police confirm they were NOT behind the decision to postpone Derby County Vs Cardiff City

Monday 19th March 2018

Derbyshire Police have confirmed they were not part of the decision to postpone Derby County’s home clash with Cardiff City on Sunday.

The fixture wall called off due to severe weather conditions which saw much of the UK covered in snow and ice, but the decision was met with lots of opposition.

Pictures soon emerged of Pride Park, Derby’s home ground, looking rather snow free and Cardiff City’s staff and players were among those voicing their complaints.

The Bluebirds arrived at the ground to discover that very few staff were on-site, questioning whether every effort was in fact made to get the game on.

The club shop was also open and advertised to the public, suggesting the areas around the ground were safe, though, it was then closed.

Suspicions were raised with Derby having only 10 senior players available for training in the days leading up to the game and in similar weather conditions, the Rams managed to play their home fixture against Fulham just over two weeks ago.

Derby maintain that the decision was purely made on safety grounds.

Cardiff City are communicating with the EFL about the postponement of the game, but the league chiefs’ most recent response is as follows:

“The decision to postpone this afternoon’s fixture was made first thing on Sunday morning following discussions between Derby County, Derbyshire Police and the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG).

“It was taken in the interests of spectator safety and followed heavy overnight snow falling in the Derby area which had built up on the roads surrounding the stadium.

“Cardiff City were informed of the decision and the reasons behind it as soon as it was reached. An announcement was made at 8.30am.

“The EFL is satisfied from the information shared with us that these were the reasons the match was postponed and will provide Cardiff City with the opportunity to provide any additional information / evidence they feel is relevant, before responding further.”

In another twist, Derbyshire Police have today confirmed that the decision was taken ‘independently’ by the club, throwing up even more questions.

Cardiff City officials are said to be furious with the decision Derby made on Sunday with many of their supporters already well on their way to the East Midlands.

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock also had his say. Speaking to Sky Sports News at Pride Park on Sunday, he said: “I believe it’s a big travesty this, today. There’s nobody here (Pride Park). They were all embarrassed when we walked through the doors. It’s an embarrassing situation for everyone.”

Derby County have told Sky Sports News that they are angry with Warnock’s comments, and they remain adamant that they followed the correct procedures.

The rearranged fixture is now likely to take place at the earliest available date, which is the 17th or 18th April and Warnock says he will ‘fight tooth and nail’ to avoid that.

It would mean Cardiff City will have three away fixtures on the bounce before the end of the season.

The EFL say Cardiff will have their opportunity to submit an appeal with evidence. However, at this stage, it looks unlikely that any action will be taken against Derby County.

Police did ACTUALLY got involved in the meeting but they AREN'T the one made the decision. You all cry babies x

P.S you don't hear us moaning about the game called off in 2009 lololololololololololol.
DEL84

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:05 am

DEL84 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Derbyshire Police confirm they were NOT behind the decision to postpone Derby County Vs Cardiff City

Monday 19th March 2018

Derbyshire Police have confirmed they were not part of the decision to postpone Derby County’s home clash with Cardiff City on Sunday.

The fixture wall called off due to severe weather conditions which saw much of the UK covered in snow and ice, but the decision was met with lots of opposition.

Pictures soon emerged of Pride Park, Derby’s home ground, looking rather snow free and Cardiff City’s staff and players were among those voicing their complaints.

The Bluebirds arrived at the ground to discover that very few staff were on-site, questioning whether every effort was in fact made to get the game on.

The club shop was also open and advertised to the public, suggesting the areas around the ground were safe, though, it was then closed.

Suspicions were raised with Derby having only 10 senior players available for training in the days leading up to the game and in similar weather conditions, the Rams managed to play their home fixture against Fulham just over two weeks ago.

Cardiff City are communicating with the EFL about the postponement of the game, but the league chiefs’ most recent response is as follows:

“The decision to postpone this afternoon’s fixture was made first thing on Sunday morning following discussions between Derby County, Derbyshire Police and the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG).

“It was taken in the interests of spectator safety and followed heavy overnight snow falling in the Derby area which had built up on the roads surrounding the stadium.

“Cardiff City were informed of the decision and the reasons behind it as soon as it was reached. An announcement was made at 8.30am.

“The EFL is satisfied from the information shared with us that these were the reasons the match was postponed and will provide Cardiff City with the opportunity to provide any additional information / evidence they feel is relevant, before responding further.”

In another twist, Derbyshire Police have today confirmed that the decision was taken ‘independently’ by the club, throwing up even more questions.

Cardiff City officials are said to be furious with the decision Derby made on Sunday with many of their supporters already well on their way to the East Midlands.

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock also had his say. Speaking to Sky Sports News at Pride Park on Sunday, he said: “I believe it’s a big travesty this, today. There’s nobody here (Pride Park). They were all embarrassed when we walked through the doors. It’s an embarrassing situation for everyone.”

Derby County have told Sky Sports News that they are angry with Warnock’s comments, and they remain adamant that they followed the correct procedures.

The rearranged fixture is now likely to take place at the earliest available date, which is the 17th or 18th April and Warnock says he will ‘fight tooth and nail’ to avoid that.

It would mean Cardiff City will have three away fixtures on the bounce before the end of the season.

The EFL say Cardiff will have their opportunity to submit an appeal with evidence. However, at this stage, it looks unlikely that any action will be taken against Derby County.

Police did ACTUALLY got involved in the meeting but they AREN'T the one made the decision. You all cry babies x

P.S you don't hear us moaning about the game called off in 2009 lololololololololololol.

Ffs what a tw*t :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Postby Jules » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:55 am

Morning Annis,Be carful what pictures of Derby stadium are posted as they could be taken as trying to push the point to far, I think only pictures from the actual day should be shown.
But keep up the pressure on the lying toads. :ayatollah:
Also, well done Vince for a well put case to EFL.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby BLUE54 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:04 am

DEL84. We all know the reason why the game was called off. No need for your input thank you.
BLUE54

Postby Jules » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:16 am

DEL84 wrote:

Monday 19th March 2018

DEL84,with grammar like that perhaps you should be in school... Opps sorry, forgot you cannot get there due to the snow.
Fool.
Jules

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:23 am

DEL84 wrote:

Monday 19th March 2018

Grow up
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:24 am

Jules wrote:Morning Annis,Be carful what pictures of Derby stadium are posted as they could be taken as trying to push the point to far, I think only pictures from the actual day should be shown.
But keep up the pressure on the lying toads. :ayatollah:
Also, well done Vince for a well put case to EFL.

Cheers Jules :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:40 am

pretty sure the game in 2009 was called off by the referee wasnt it?

as someone else mentioned on one of these posts. everyone in football know that Derby are a bottle-job club, but i didnt realise the bottling went all the way to the top :laughing5:
paulh_85

Postby Mr Potato » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:14 am

What is quite funny now is the DCFC are desperate for someone to support the postponement but everyone is clearly stating publicly, including their own staff, that they were all told game was off and that this was done independently by the club and that no such discussion took place. Despite a document that appears to have been completed by the club, stating otherwise, that was sent to the league, they subsequently support postponement.

In their own interest the best they can do now is to confess all.
Mr Potato

Postby Jules » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:19 am

Are they making things worse for themselves or do they know that if they stand their ground the EFL will buckle?
Jules

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat