Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VINCE ALM: " AN UPDATE ON THE DERBY COUNTY FIASCO "

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:43 pm

Fair Play to Vince, a lot of time & effort :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

VINCE ALM:

Quick update on proceedings today surrounding the postponement of yesterday fixture at Derby.

I have submitted a 4 page letter to the EFL with the chain of events before during and after the postponement, backed up with evidence this morning.

I have requested a full investigation into the strange set of events yesterday. I have requested explanations and answers to about 15 to 20 questions from yesterday's conflicting information; I also requested compensation for the supporters who made the trip. I supported the correspondence with images of the scenes yesterday in and around Pride Park and screen shots of tweets.

I also wrote to Derbyshire police and Derbyshire County Council requesting the evidence under the freedom of information act that they had gathered to postpone the fixture as indicated by Derby County FC who made the decision and how was it implemented. However since my request both public bodies have distanced themselves from the decision to postpone the game indicating the decision was Derby County FC! Not sure if it was a coincidence or my emails to them?

I have only received confirmation that my emails have been received by them so far.
Nothing off the EFL yet.

I took the decision not to write to Derby Football Club today until I am in possession of all the facts, but I will be definitely sending correspondence to them.

It has unravelled a fair bit today for Derby today, plenty going on behind the scenes will update when I have more concrete information.
Thanks all for your help and support

Re: VINCE ALM: " AN UPDATE ON THE DERBY COUNTY FIASCO "

Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:53 pm

No faulting Vince determination and commitment here. I hope the club are doing the same.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:No faulting Vince determination and commitment here. I hope the club are doing the same.

Spot on :thumbup: my biggest sympathies are with the 2000+ fans who made a trip for nothing and are now out of pocket.

Hopefully Vince can get some answers and at least those fans can get their money back. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:No faulting Vince determination and commitment here. I hope the club are doing the same.

Give the language coming out of the club and the obvious anger from supporters, I have no doubt that they are doing all they can to get the best outcome form this whole sordid affair.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:18 pm

It's becoming obvious that they called game off unilaterally as everyone else said they didn't! Derby thought they could get away with it but obviously didn't think of the consequences like points deduction? Or wouldn't have done it that's for sure. :o

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Vince is an absolute superstar

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:38 pm

Good on Vince, fair play he actually gets stuff done rather than just rant.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:39 pm

After doubting it was a conspiracy on Sunday morning I now fully agree it was a total stitch up. I've also emailed the EFL today and DCFC and await their reply but won't hold my breath. Wales online is interesting tonight as well, Derby now have their pants down and are running scared. DISGRACEFUL behaviour from what is supposedly a professional organisation. Points should be docked, 3 points awarded to us and yes every fan should be fully refunded.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:50 pm

Bananas wrote:After doubting it was a conspiracy on Sunday morning I now fully agree it was a total stitch up. I've also emailed the EFL today and DCFC and await their reply but won't hold my breath. Wales online is interesting tonight as well, Derby now have their pants down and are running scared. DISGRACEFUL behaviour from what is supposedly a professional organisation. Points should be docked, 3 points awarded to us and yes every fan should be fully refunded.

Cant see them awarding us the points as that would be unfair on Fulham and Villa. 3 points deduction as a minimum for them although with Derby's continued suppression of the truth they should increase that significantly - maybe 10. Their deducted 3 from Boro all those ago but they virtually admitted their guilt before the offence.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:58 pm

Just seen this!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:18 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Just seen this!

Getting sacked in the morning

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:24 pm

I saw it earlier Tonteg and its another significant point. Derby through their lies, have shafted their own operational staff so that they now feel the blame has been shifted to them, despite the fact the folks such as the store staff had made the effort (no doubt difficult) to get to Pride Park. And it would have been their ops head who told them to delete their 'business as usual' tweet and replace it with a 'Snowgate' one.

The lady and her colleagues who tweeted should work elsewhere as they are too good for a cowardly shitehouse of a club that is prepared to use its employees as scapegoats. Disgusting.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:58 pm

Can I implore any City fans to make sure there is no pressure put on this woman.

She is only 18 years old and her subsequent tweets are suggesing that she is feeling pretty down.

She needs to know it is not her fault and is not being used to make a point.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:34 am

Quite right Wayne, the young lass has put her self in hot water I think but at least she has principles.
Good on her but as Wayne says no tweeting her or whatever you lot do :old:

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:49 am

in fairness i think she would get nothing from support from Cardiff fans.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:27 am

paulh_85 wrote:in fairness i think she would get nothing from support from Cardiff fans.

She is only stating facts be surprised if sack. Her as surely unfair dismissal will be on cards :old:

Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:42 am

From the Derby board - I've taken this from the other Cardiff message board -

“I personally have only been honest in what my thoughts are. The surrounding area was far from perfect, but not even remotely close to the Fulham game. The difference was that we had a reasonably strong team for that game, whereas in this instance we would have been shoehorning someone in at CM - probably the most important position on the pitch.

If we had a full strength side, had they been the ones in bad form then the game would have 100% gone ahead. I am in no doubts about that. Hand on heart, I doubt anyone else would argue that case either.

We've played on the weather and hopefully we get away with it. The inconsistencies have really not helped, i.e. the Derbyshire police saying it was nothing to do with them & the pub/club shop being open after the game was called off.... to then be closed hours later due to 'safety advice'.

I'm glad we've postponed it because we simply would have been up against it. The international break and the chance to play them at a busy period at least gives us a better chance”.

That sums things up perfectly for me !!!

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:22 am

Bluebina wrote:From the Derby board - I've taken this from the other Cardiff message board -

“I personally have only been honest in what my thoughts are. The surrounding area was far from perfect, but not even remotely close to the Fulham game. The difference was that we had a reasonably strong team for that game, whereas in this instance we would have been shoehorning someone in at CM - probably the most important position on the pitch.

If we had a full strength side, had they been the ones in bad form then the game would have 100% gone ahead. I am in no doubts about that. Hand on heart, I doubt anyone else would argue that case either.

We've played on the weather and hopefully we get away with it. The inconsistencies have really not helped, i.e. the Derbyshire police saying it was nothing to do with them & the pub/club shop being open after the game was called off.... to then be closed hours later due to 'safety advice'.

I'm glad we've postponed it because we simply would have been up against it. The international break and the chance to play them at a busy period at least gives us a better chance”.

That sums things up perfectly for me !!!

I thought when I saw it. The Fulham comparison is telling though. Derby City and Councils swinging into herculian action to get that game on.

Despite the overnight weather forecast and the 30k anticipated crowd there was barely any sight of them around Pride Park leading up to the postponement.

As it happened the heavier overnight snowfall didn't materialise but you'd have still expected them in place gritting pavements etc. given that at that stage there must have been an expectation that the game was going ahead. The surrounding areas were after all much better than they had been for the Fulham game.

If there'd been a quarter of an inch of lying snow and a flake of snow in the air I'd probably take it. But there was neither.