KEN CHOO DEMANDS DERBY COUNTY LOOK AFTER CARDIFF FANS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:57 pm

Cardiff City demand Derby County refund Bluebirds fans every single penny as snow controversy takes new twist -

Monday 19th March 2018

Cardiff City chief Ken Choo has called for Derby County to reimburse Bluebirds fans following the snow controversy surrounding the postponed match at Pride Park.

Choo wants Cardiff supporters paid back every single penny by the East Midlands club for ticket and travel expense incurred.

The new twist to the saga comes as Derby find themselves under increasing scrutiny for the hugely contentious decision to call off the Championship game.

Derbyshire Police and Derby City Council have distanced themselves from the Sunday morning action, insisting Derby County FC acted alone in making the call.

Derby officials claim they followed correct procedure, but could find themselves in hot water if they are deemed to have broken Football League rules.

Under those regulations the two clubs have to endeavour to ensure a fixture goes ahead.

The referee did not make the decision to postpone the game and the Bluebirds were not consulted for their views beforehand.

It has left a sour taste in the mouth with calls from some Cardiff fans for Derby to be docked three points. Unfortunately, those points cannot just be awarded to Neil Warnock's promotion chasing Bluebirds and they will still need to play the rearranged fixture at some point in April.

But Choo wants justice for up to 3,000 Cardiff fans, many of whom had set off from South Wales in the early hours to ensure they were at Pride Park in time for the scheduled lunchtime kick-off.

The Cardiff chief executive said: "I'm going to press to reimbursement of cost for our supporters.

"I'm fighting for the fans, who are the people most affected by this.

"Derby County need to agree to pay them back in full the cost of tickets and travel.

"Cardiff City FC are standing firmly by our fans. Derby have to do the right and proper thing here and agree to fully compensate our travelling supporters."

When Cardiff turned up at Pride Park on Sunday morning, with no travel issues, there were no Derby club officials to greet them.

Manager Warnock was seething with anger and clearly felt Derby had pulled a fast one.

Derby have been hit by an injury crisis and have seen their own promotion hopes hit in recent weeks.

Cardiff City Supporters Club have sent a four-page document to the Football League demanding answers.

A League spokesperson told WalesOnline: “We are aware of the comments that have been made throughout the course of today in regard to yesterday’s postponement between Derby County and Cardiff City.

"Having asked the two clubs for their observations on the matter on Sunday, we will not be making any further comment until the full responses are received.”

The in-form Bluebirds were confident of making it eight wins in a row ahead of the international break and pulling further clear of Aston Villa and Fulham in the Championship table.
Attachments
KEN-CHOOJPG.jpg
KEN-CHOOJPG.jpg (62.57 KiB) Viewed 3808 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: KEN CHOO DEMANDS DERBY COUNTY LOOK AFTER CARDIFF FANS

Postby Bluebird For Life » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City demand Derby County refund Bluebirds fans every single penny as snow controversy takes new twist -

Monday 19th March 2018

Cardiff City chief Ken Choo has called for Derby County to reimburse Bluebirds fans following the snow controversy surrounding the postponed match at Pride Park.

Choo wants Cardiff supporters paid back every single penny by the East Midlands club for ticket and travel expense incurred.

The new twist to the saga comes as Derby find themselves under increasing scrutiny for the hugely contentious decision to call off the Championship game.

Derbyshire Police and Derby City Council have distanced themselves from the Sunday morning action, insisting Derby County FC acted alone in making the call.

Derby officials claim they followed correct procedure, but could find themselves in hot water if they are deemed to have broken Football League rules.

Under those regulations the two clubs have to endeavour to ensure a fixture goes ahead.

The referee did not make the decision to postpone the game and the Bluebirds were not consulted for their views beforehand.

It has left a sour taste in the mouth with calls from some Cardiff fans for Derby to be docked three points. Unfortunately, those points cannot just be awarded to Neil Warnock's promotion chasing Bluebirds and they will still need to play the rearranged fixture at some point in April.

But Choo wants justice for up to 3,000 Cardiff fans, many of whom had set off from South Wales in the early hours to ensure they were at Pride Park in time for the scheduled lunchtime kick-off.

The Cardiff chief executive said: "I'm going to press to reimbursement of cost for our supporters.

"I'm fighting for the fans, who are the people most affected by this.

"Derby County need to agree to pay them back in full the cost of tickets and travel.

"Cardiff City FC are standing firmly by our fans. Derby have to do the right and proper thing here and agree to fully compensate our travelling supporters."

When Cardiff turned up at Pride Park on Sunday morning, with no travel issues, there were no Derby club officials to greet them.

Manager Warnock was seething with anger and clearly felt Derby had pulled a fast one.

Derby have been hit by an injury crisis and have seen their own promotion hopes hit in recent weeks.

Cardiff City Supporters Club have sent a four-page document to the Football League demanding answers.

A League spokesperson told WalesOnline: “We are aware of the comments that have been made throughout the course of today in regard to yesterday’s postponement between Derby County and Cardiff City.

"Having asked the two clubs for their observations on the matter on Sunday, we will not be making any further comment until the full responses are received.”

The in-form Bluebirds were confident of making it eight wins in a row ahead of the international break and pulling further clear of Aston Villa and Fulham in the Championship table.

Well done Ken Choo - doesn't mention the game at all, just the CCFC fans who made the journey. My 15 year od son was one of them and he had to fork out £17 for the supporters bus plus £10 for his match ticket and because it is likely to be a midweek game he won't be able to go due to GCSE's. He also had a ticket for Brentford and couldn't go to the game for the same reason. I am sure there are many others in the same boat and why should they lose out for something that was clearly contrived at the outset by a club determined to make sure they didn't lose further ground at any cost in the race for the PL with no thought for travelling fans.
Bluebird For Life

Postby DandoCCFC » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:20 pm

The worrying thing is here they knew the weather and the weather warnings and I think in this day and age if you are a club like us I think confirmation of a game to be postponed should be 6 hours minimum, the fact fans travelled up with no real sign of a postponement and there was no talk of pitch inspections no nothing I think that's the disappointing thing along with the other reasons with only 10 first team players available etc but they have really dug a hole here and made this mess themselves and I think they should own up to it.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Bluebird For Life » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:24 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:The worrying thing is here they knew the weather and the weather warnings and I think in this day and age if you are a club like us I think confirmation of a game to be postponed should be 6 hours minimum, the fact fans travelled up with no real sign of a postponement and there was no talk of pitch inspections no nothing I think that's the disappointing thing along with the other reasons with only 10 first team players available etc but they have really dug a hole here and made this mess themselves and I think they should own up to it.

They knew exactly what they were doing and it is the cynicism in their actions that have made me so angry and so determined to keep raising the injustice that has happened to our club as a whole in this sorry affair. Derby should be hammered by the EFL because not only did they break the rules, they lied about it to try to cover their sorry arses. And its not just about us but all the other clubs who are in with a chance of the play offs too - they should be backing us to the hilt on this one.
Bluebird For Life

Postby AHERNE » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:29 pm

I`d love it if we get promoted at their ground .... now that would be sweet
AHERNE

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:00 pm

Should go further than that imo, there should be a decent fine and a potential for a points deduction
paulh_85

Postby nojac » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:27 am

Some big question's that need to be asked,
If the Cardiff players were at the ground at 8:30 for the game
Where were the Derby players ?
Were they told the night before , that the game would be off ?
This sorry event stinks to high heaven .
I agree with Ken Choo , compensation should be paid.

They should have delayed the Kick off , for a couple of hours. Especially with the forecast for later in the day, being so favourable.
Many games are delayed because of fan/staff hold ups, was this any different ?
I wonder why they never?
nojac

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:38 am

It is impossible to compensate us with 3 points and frankly that would be unfair on Villa and Fulham who are also innocent in this matter.

However, there are 2 things which can be done.

1. Rearrange the game to a date that is convenient to us and not just the next earliest available date which would reward Derby.

2. Full reimbursement by Derby County (ticket and travel costs) to all Cardiff fans.

I would like to see a 3 point deduction also imposed on Derby. However, as that would only aid Bristol City I wouldn't be too upset if that didn't happen although DCFC should face a substantial fine if there is no points deduction.

Finally well done Ken Choo :ayatollah:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:46 am

AHERNE wrote:I`d love it if we get promoted at their ground .... now that would be sweet

Could quiet well happen.

Looking at it if we match what Fulham or Villa do, whichever does the better, a win at Derby will see us up. Added bonus if it kills of Derby chances of a play off spot.
Bakedalasker

Postby castleblue » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:46 am

You have to give Ken Choo credit here for standing up for our fans who have lost out financially as a result of the decision to postpone this match at short notice.

Where KC has played a blinder here, and VA for that matter, is that they have put this matter firmly on the table for the EFL Board to consider together with the decision in respect of the legitimacy of reasons behind the postponement of this fixture. However to win the day here any EFL Disciplinary Commission will have to create a precedent and history tells us it's unlikely to happen. The best comparison I can find was Blackpool v Huddersfield match in May 2015 which was abandoned after Blackpool fans invaded the pitch on 48 minutes leaving the referee with no option other than abandon the match. The score at the time was 0-0 and the EFL Board decided that the match would not be replayed and the result would stand at 0-0. Blackpool were charged with "Failing to Fulfil a fixture", were found guilty by a Disciplinary Commission and were deducted 3 points and because they were already relegated the deduction was suspended for 2 seasons. Huddersfield asked for £50,000 to compensate their fans but the DC turned down this application on the basis that it felt both sets of fans had been equally affected by the abandonment.

Derby County have claimed that all match day operational procedures were properly followed but in respect of who has the authority to postpone a football match football law holds the answer, first and foremost it's the referee, however the Police and local SAG are considered by Football Authorities as acceptable bodies to make the decision. We now know neither the Police or Derbyshire County Council SAG were party to the decision.This leaves just Derby County Football Club and it's now clear that they exceeded their authority by taking the unilateral decision to postpone this match.

I fully expect the EFL Board to find that Derby County have a case to answer and they will refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission who in turn will find them guilty of failing to fulfil a fixture. That will cost Derby County a hefty fine and a 3 point deduction, I just hope our fans get the compensation they deserve either from the proceeds of the fine or by the amount being deducted by the EFL from the prize money Derby County receive this season.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:07 pm

castleblue wrote:You have to give Ken Choo credit here for standing up for our fans who have lost out financially as a result of the decision to postpone this match at short notice.

Where KC has played a blinder here, and VA for that matter, is that they have put this matter firmly on the table for the EFL Board to consider together with the decision in respect of the legitimacy of reasons behind the postponement of this fixture. However to win the day here any EFL Disciplinary Commission will have to create a precedent and history tells us it's unlikely to happen. The best comparison I can find was Blackpool v Huddersfield match in May 2015 which was abandoned after Blackpool fans invaded the pitch on 48 minutes leaving the referee with no option other than abandon the match. The score at the time was 0-0 and the EFL Board decided that the match would not be replayed and the result would stand at 0-0. Blackpool were charged with "Failing to Fulfil a fixture", were found guilty by a Disciplinary Commission and were deducted 3 points and because they were already relegated the deduction was suspended for 2 seasons. Huddersfield asked for £50,000 to compensate their fans but the DC turned down this application on the basis that it felt both sets of fans had been equally affected by the abandonment.

Derby County have claimed that all match day operational procedures were properly followed but in respect of who has the authority to postpone a football match football law holds the answer, first and foremost it's the referee, however the Police and local SAG are considered by Football Authorities as acceptable bodies to make the decision. We now know neither the Police or Derbyshire County Council SAG were party to the decision.This leaves just Derby County Football Club and it's now clear that they exceeded their authority by taking the unilateral decision to postpone this match.

I fully expect the EFL Board to find that Derby County have a case to answer and they will refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission who in turn will find them guilty of failing to fulfil a fixture. That will cost Derby County a hefty fine and a 3 point deduction, I just hope our fans get the compensation they deserve either from the proceeds of the fine or by the amount being deducted by the EFL from the prize money Derby County receive this season.

I made same points about who as authority to call game off but now sag say derby told them they were calling off game and sag agreed with decision! Does that mean club had permission to call it off? To me no as decision was already made by club without getting OK from efl. But maybe it's a way for efl to avoid action against derby. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Charlie Harper » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:14 pm

I travelled and hope Derby get it big time.

Hats off to Ken Choo and the club :bluebird: :ayatollah:
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby castleblue » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
castleblue wrote:You have to give Ken Choo credit here for standing up for our fans who have lost out financially as a result of the decision to postpone this match at short notice.

I made same points about who as authority to call game off but now sag say derby told them they were calling off game and sag agreed with decision! Does that mean club had permission to call it off? To me no as decision was already made by club without getting OK from efl. But maybe it's a way for efl to avoid action against derby. :old:

Derby County in their first statement said the game had been postponed following discussion with the Police and the local SAG. It is now absolutely clear that no discussions took place regarding the postponement of this game, in fact both the Police and local SAG have stated they were informed by the club AFTER the decision had been made.

In my opinion for the local SAG to now say they agree with the decision to postpone is completely meaningless because Derby County informed the EFL that both the Police and SAG were party to the original decision, that is clearly untrue.

I fully expect the EFL Board to call a Disciplinary Commission to consider the charge that Derby County "Failed To Fulfil A Fixture". Only one outcome for me Derby will be found guilty and get a hefty fine and a 3 point deduction.

castleblue

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:18 pm

castleblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Derby County in their first statement said the game had been postponed following discussion with the Police and the local SAG. It is now absolutely clear that no discussions took place regarding the postponement of this game, in fact both the Police and local SAG have stated they were informed by the club AFTER the decision had been made.

In my opinion for the local SAG to now say they agree with the decision to postpone is completely meaningless because Derby County informed the EFL that both the Police and SAG were party to the original decision, that is clearly untrue.

I fully expect the EFL Board to call a Disciplinary Commission to consider the charge that Derby County "Failed To Fulfil A Fixture". Only one outcome for me Derby will be found guilty and get a hefty fine and a 3 point deduction.

Agree the horse as bolted for derby but let's hope efl have balls enough to disipline them :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Mr Potato » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:15 pm

So this might just be a damage limitation exercise? They know they screwed up but at least by SAG supporting it it makes it easier on the eye so to speak.
Mr Potato

Postby Jules » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:26 pm

Firstly, hats off to KC, secondly, I think that nothing will come of this as it looks like the EFL are squirming here to get out of their first hasty statement. Under the carpet this one is going :evil:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Return to General Chat