Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ninian Park

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxNekjfR27o

You've probably all seen this before, but I've got to say what a great bit of film!
Love the celebrations in the Grangetown End at 0:42 and 0:55.
I remember watching Welsh tv in your 1993 promotion season and seeing that whole end doing the Ayatolla - it looked mental!
Then seeing you lot on the M4 after you played Fulham and we played Leyton Orient - Cardiff fans looked a mad bunch that day.
Watching that video brought it home that football these days isn't as much fun as 20-25 years ago. We've lost our game.

Re: Ninian Park

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:42 am

I suppose that's back in the days when nearly everyone could afford to go to nearly every game if they wanted. A lot of fans have been almost priced out of the game, and have to pick and choose which matches they attend. Good video which brings back great memories.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:20 pm

What complete drivel.hardly any bothered with Cardiff city in the 1990s. I did and a few thousand others but not many.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:29 pm

My favourite piece on YouTube :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:20 pm

can't believe you uploaded that brfc today

was watching that on the weekend loved the music too great times :bluescarf:

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:36 pm

Seen this countless times and never tire of watching it.I was a regular in the grange end during these times,and to say it was mad is an understatement.2 of the scenes there were the welsh cup final v Wrexham,and blakey scoring the winner in a 2-1 victory over Shrewsbury.Never forget the day when Phil Stant returned after city fans signed a petition demanding his return. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:10 pm

I've watched it about 10 times today.
Anybody know what the music is?

Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:02 am

brfc wrote:I've watched it about 10 times today.
Anybody know what the music is?

Alter Zero-Beneath You.
Cracking track that is.