Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The EFL have asked Derby and Cardiff for their observations

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:16 am

Sky Sports

Tuesday 20th March 2018

The EFL have asked Derby and Cardiff for their observations regarding the postponement of Sunday's Championship match.

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock has described the Rams' decision to announce that the game had been called off at 8.30 on Sunday morning as "scandalous" and a "disgrace".

Bur Derby say they "fully complied with all the matchday operational regulations surrounding the postponement of the game".

Re: The EFL have asked Derby and Cardiff for their observati

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:28 am

Too much evidence going against Derby

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:34 am

NIBluebird wrote:Too much evidence going against Derby

Possible so but the biggest problem we face is that the EFL have gone public by saying they were satisfied with Derby reactions. They are now in danger of losing face and that could be Derby saving grace.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:51 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Possible so but the biggest problem we face is that the EFL have gone public by saying they were satisfied with Derby reactions. They are now in danger of losing face and that could be Derby saving grace.

Baked I think they said they were satisfied with what they were told by derby but reading between the lines left it open to further information there fore any change made by efl would not look like losing face in fact it would look like they did thier job properly imo

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:51 am

Nah! all the efl have to say that they have received new evidence :thumbup:

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:52 am

Igovernor wrote:Nah! all the efl have to say that they have received new evidence :thumbup:

Correct :thumbup:

Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:53 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Nah! all the efl have to say that they have received new evidence :thumbup:

Correct :thumbup:
I
Which of course they now have recieved

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:01 am

And they did in their original statement say they had asked Cardiff for their thoughts.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:38 am

The EFL statement also advised that the decision was taken jointly with the police and sag. But this has been denied by council and police. As per Derby original statement which has been revised more times than a Brexit plan!

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:27 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

I agree. It is not impossible that faced with overwhelming evidence the EFL could change their minds, but generally as a rule they don't.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:39 am

I'd be surprised if the EFL gives way too much on their earlier stance. Derby might get a public admonishment that they could have handled the prescribed procedure better and ask that they apologize to Cardiff but I think the best we can hope for is that we get a concession by their agreeing to arrange the resheduled game at a date convenient to Warnock.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:45 am

City Slicker wrote:I'd be surprised if the EFL gives way too much on their earlier stance. Derby might get a public admonishment that they could have handled the prescribed procedure better and ask that they apologize to Cardiff but I think the best we can hope for is that we get a concession by their agreeing to arrange the resheduled game at a date convenient to Warnock.

I think you are not too far away from what will happen. Surely the EFL can't insist on the earliest date as that would further reward Derby for their behaviour.

The club are also pushing for compensation for those fans who travelled and I hope the EFL have enough balls to shame Derby into compensating Cardiff fans who are left out of pocket.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:49 am

Do Derby now say to the EFL there was no discussion we simply called the game off, or do they continue with their stance?

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:55 am

Mr Potato wrote:Do Derby now say to the EFL there was no discussion we simply called the game off, or do they continue with their stance?

Nobody these days is honest enough to say 'fair cop gov it was our fault'

They will continue to peddle the line that they conformed to all relevant procedures or some bullshit like that