“ New Date for Derby & Now 7 matches in April! “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Now that we have got a better date for the rearranged fixture it still seems like we are really hard done by!

7 matches in April! We are going to be knackered. But let's try and use this extra game to our advantage. If we can clock up some decent points before even getting to this game and even try and seal promotion before we get there it won't be a problem anyway.

We can use this match to our advantage and try and get as far ahead as possible from the other chasing clubs before the Derby Match. It's a dreadful thing what Derby has done and so blatant but we have got to get some positives from it and not dwell too much as we do not want this to ruin our focus. The fans should be reimbursed like Ken choc asked for...it's a tricky one because if they do reemburse us then that means they are admitting they were in the wrong. :bluescarf:

Rearranged fixture date: @dcfcofficial vs. #CardiffCity!

The #Bluebirds will travel to Pride Park on Tuesday, 24th April for a 7.45pm kick-off.
Attachments
41E7FF16-3DA2-4F63-9E43-D322D98BACDF.jpeg
41E7FF16-3DA2-4F63-9E43-D322D98BACDF.jpeg (146.51 KiB) Viewed 3690 times
Once a blue always a blue44

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ New Date for Derby & Now 7 matches in April! “

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:02 pm

Hopefully we will have our auto place secured by then and we end up stuffing the wannabee Sheepshaggers to end their play off chances.
Bakedalasker

Postby CFS25 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:18 pm

Are derby tickets valid for new date?
CFS25

Postby Bluebina » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:39 pm

It would have been nice if we had to play Preston or Sheff U, last game of the season, and let them win to knock Derby out of the play offs !!!
Bluebina

Postby Sven » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:16 pm

CFS25 wrote:Are derby tickets valid for new date?

Yes, confirmed on the coach on way home Sunday! :thumbright:

Ticket refunds available, as per Brentford game, if others can't go next time and I'm sure a lot will be advertised on the Forum Shop

Still think it's easier and more practical to go via the official sources for safety and less hassle :ayatollah:

Pleasantly surprised by the decision to go for 24th April, as we know that suits us (the offended club) a little better but I can't help feeling we're seeing an attempt to placate Cardiff City FC ahead of minimal actions against Derby County from the EFL :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Jules » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:31 pm

That's my thinking Sven but think some of the other playoff clubs are watching this with great interest.

ps.had my septic tank emptied yesterday and this smells worse :D
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby Sven » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:32 pm

New date set for Derby County v Cardiff City match
By Chris Watson

The fixture has been rearranged after Sunday's game at Pride Park Stadium was postponed

A date has been confirmed for Derby County's rearranged Sky Bet Championship match against Cardiff City.

The two promotion hopefuls were due to face each other at Pride Park Stadium on Sunday but the fixture was postponed as a result of adverse weather conditions.

The game will now take place on Tuesday, April 24 (7.45pm).

That falls between Derby's home match against Middlesbrough, on Saturday, April 21, and their penultimate game of the regular league season, away to Aston Villa on Saturday, April 28.

The Rams round off their Championship campaign at home to Barnsley on Sunday, May 6.

For Cardiff, the rearranged match falls between a home game with Nottingham Forest and a trip to Hull City. The Bluebirds round off their campaign at home to Reading.

Neil Warnock's men currently occupy the second automatic promotion spot and are seven points clear of third-placed Aston Villa, with a game in hand.

Derby are fifth but now only have a one-point cushion inside the play-off zone, albeit with a game in hand themselves.
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:38 pm

Quote: "That falls between Derby's home match against Middlesbrough, on Saturday, April 21, and their penultimate game of the regular league season, away to Aston Villa on Saturday, April 28."

Wow! That's one hell of a week for Derby County and one that will surely define their season!

A Derby County official finally emerged from his blizzard battered office this morning to update waiting Press
Attachments
a.jpg
a.jpg (4.91 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
Sven

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:59 pm

Sven wrote:Quote: "That falls between Derby's home match against Middlesbrough, on Saturday, April 21, and their penultimate game of the regular league season, away to Aston Villa on Saturday, April 28."

Wow! That's one hell of a week for Derby County and one that will surely define their season!

A Derby County official finally emerged from his blizzard battered office this morning to update waiting Press

Yes lets put the nail in their play off coffin, that would be justice for the City faithful :bluescarf:
Wolfpac

Postby Sven » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:01 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
Sven wrote:Quote: "That falls between Derby's home match against Middlesbrough, on Saturday, April 21, and their penultimate game of the regular league season, away to Aston Villa on Saturday, April 28."

Yes lets put the nail in their play off coffin, that would be justice for the City faithful :bluescarf:

Wouldn't it just...! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :D :laughing6:
Sven

Postby Jules » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:56 pm

DCFC have just tweeted that heavy snow has been ordered for Tuesday,April24th at approx. 0730. :wave:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby Carpe Diem » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:15 pm

Jules wrote:DCFC have just tweeted that heavy snow has been ordered for Tuesday,April24th at approx. 0730. :wave:

They don’t need heavy snow, a few snowflakes and a stiff breeze will be enough.
Carpe Diem

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:07 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Hopefully we will have our auto place secured by then and we end up stuffing the wannabee Sheepshaggers to end their play off chances.

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat