Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

wales flag

Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:03 pm

hi good afternoon i have just been watching the wales football game in china and i saw a welsh flag with the name wonky bar.
is that the bar in Caerphilly as i would like to contact the person who has it.
does anyone have details of the person of the flag.
i live not far from pub
cheers

Re: wales flag

Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:07 pm

Paignton bluebird wrote:hi good afternoon i have just been watching the wales football game in china and i saw a welsh flag with the name wonky bar.
is that the bar in Caerphilly as i would like to contact the person who has it.
does anyone have details of the person of the flag.
i live not far from pub
cheers

Its the one in Bedwas I think mate - not sure who's it is though.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Yes Wonky Bar in Caerphilly; in Bedwas. Great Bluebirds following down here. It's probably Stitch and his mates :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:00 pm

What there's more than one bar called wonky?

Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:30 am

Caerphilly is and always will be a Cardiff City stronghold :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:52 am

Its probably Clayton jones the owner of the bar. I know he follows wales away.

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:44 am

Dahboy wrote:What there's more than one bar called wonky?

I think there is one in Pontypridd.

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:56 am

gagsey wrote:Its probably Clayton jones the owner of the bar. I know he follows wales away.

didn't he own the St Davids buses too ? it may have been a different bloke but i'm sure he owned the greenfly before It was knocked down!

Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:19 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
gagsey wrote:Its probably Clayton jones the owner of the bar. I know he follows wales away.

didn't he own the St Davids buses too ? it may have been a different bloke but i'm sure he owned the greenfly before It was knocked down!

Correct, one and the same.

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:08 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:Caerphilly is and always will be a Cardiff City stronghold :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

I've seen a fair few jack tops in recent times around Caerphilly,lets face it your not going to get much closer to Cardiff than Caerphilly.

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:36 pm

Really ?

There's been a couple of them for years, but no more than a handful even now and there are hundreds and hundreds of Cardiff City there.

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:46 pm

Really ?

There's been a couple of them for years, but no more than a handful even now and there are hundreds and hundreds of Cardiff City there.

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:00 am

Yes, it's the "WONKY BAR" on CHURCH STREET in BEDWAS. It's the old "CARDBOARD PALACE" or "BRITISH LEGION CLUB". Always been a big City following from here since the 1960s. True that you see a few odd jacks car stickers around here, and they really are "ODD", but not that many :laughing6:

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:20 am

Two jacks i know of in caerphilly,follow the jacks home and do some aways,a few more have appeared now since they ve been in premiership,but most never even gone to a home game

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:12 pm

Woody CCFC wrote:
Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:Caerphilly is and always will be a Cardiff City stronghold :bluescarf: :bluebird: :ayatollah:

I've seen a fair few jack tops in recent times around Caerphilly,lets face it your not going to get much closer to Cardiff than Caerphilly.

I know couple of Jacks in Caer but seen a jack shirt? nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:11 am

I own the Wonky Bar in Bedwas :occasion5:

Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:15 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:I own the Wonky Bar in Bedwas :occasion5:

Do you?
I play for the Wizards who drink in there on a sunday :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:00 am

Do you?

Nice to meet you, I’m Kate. :thumbright:
Unfortunately I’m never there Sundays, I work in my other pub in Gelligaer... Big city supporter and I travel around the world to watch Wales play. Thank you for your support. :thumbup:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:01 am

Woody CCFC wrote:

They were there to see a bit of culture; Caerphilly's world famous castle and a night out in 'The Social'! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:21 am

Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Do you?

Unfortunately I’m never there Sundays, I work in my other pub in Gelligaer... Big city supporter and I travel around the world to watch Wales play. Thank you for your support. :thumbup:

Ahhh Kate! Yes, Its usually Rita who supplies the beers and food on a sunday :thumbright:

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:16 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Do you?

Ahhh Kate! Yes, Its usually Rita who supplies the beers and food on a sunday :thumbright:

Yes she does, she manages the pub for me ;)