Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Arrested for protecting your home/Family

Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:47 pm

Let’s hope the old man gets off with a medal,Anybody breaking into someone’s home should expect to be confronted by the occupants.I would do the same. Well done old man :ayatollah:

A 78-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a suspected burglar was stabbed and later died.

Police were called to a house in Hither Green, southeast London, at 12.45am to reports of a break-in in progress.

The occupant had found two males inside his home.

There were initial reports the homeowner was forced into the kitchen by one of the suspects armed with a screwdriver while the other went upstairs.
Police said that, during a struggle, a 38-year-old man found inside the property sustained a stab injury to his upper body.

He was discovered collapsed nearby and taken to hospital but died soon after 3.30am.

Police initially arrested the 78-year-old on suspicion of grievous bodily harm but they have since rearrested him on suspicion of murder.

Re: Arrested for protecting your home/Family

Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:51 pm

As far as I'm concerned any toe rag burgling a house deserves everything he gets. A person should have the right to defend himself, his family and his property.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:55 pm

Probably just a procedural thing and when all facts are taken into consideration it will be put as self defence after all the law was changed to stop this sort of thing happening. :thumbup:

Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:56 pm

Will be a miscarriage of justice if this guy receives anything other than an OBE, A seat in the lords and the key to London city

Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:59 pm

In the USA the police would take a statement , no need to go down town. Those who burglarize homes are pure scum.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:08 pm

It's f.....g typical of our joke Nanny state country. If you decide to commit burglary and get caught, You deserve to be dealt a harsh lesson. It's all about common law and right to life. It's easy to justify force in this offence. Give him a knighthood... not arrest him.. f...ing boils my blood.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:53 pm

They broke into an old couples home, in the dead of night. Glad hes dead shame the other one still lives.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:As far as I'm concerned any toe rag burgling a house deserves everything he gets. A person should have the right to defend himself, his family and his property.

Agreed 100% :thumbright:

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:14 pm

Real_Blue_Really wrote:Will be a miscarriage of justice if this guy receives anything other than an OBE, A seat in the lords and the key to London city

:lol: :occasion5:

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:30 pm

Jock wrote:They broke into an old couples home, in the dead of night. Glad hes dead shame the other one still lives.

Well said Jock. The other coward deserved it too. I hope the old couple are as well as they can be after this. There will be public outrage if any charges are brought against the old fella who was just defending himself. Should get a medal instead.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Reply on Twitter

https://twitter.com/pompeybluebird

Replying to @AnnisAbraham
It's a travesty. He should be put up for a bravery award for protecting his family. The simple fact of this whole incident is if the burglar hadn't broken into the house, then he wouldn't have been stabbed and would still be alive.

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:41 pm

This Country is f***ed, with the law protecting scum. You go into anyone's property uninvited and you get what you deserve simple as!

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Probably just a procedural thing and when all facts are taken into consideration it will be put as self defence after all the law was changed to stop this sort of thing happening. :thumbup:

This would be it, Allan :thumbup:

The police will always start at the most serious scenario and work backwards as evidence is collected

It is the same for all fatalities, including Road Traffic Collisions as a matter of procedure :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:37 am

He will most probably get sent to prison. But it's better to get tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:26 am

Good on you Sir, shows what low life scum they were by firstly breaking in to property then by leaving a mate on the ground. This elderly chap has got to now live with this and this social media shite has his face up in seconds :twisted:

Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:58 am

bullerlever wrote:It's f.....g typical of our joke Nanny state country. If you decide to commit burglary and get caught, You deserve to be dealt a harsh lesson. It's all about common law and right to life. It's easy to justify force in this offence. Give him a knighthood... not arrest him.. f...ing boils my blood.

you need to calm down. it's a procedure. have your outrage if he gets convicted.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:39 am

paulh_85 wrote:
bullerlever wrote:It's f.....g typical of our joke Nanny state country. If you decide to commit burglary and get caught, You deserve to be dealt a harsh lesson. It's all about common law and right to life. It's easy to justify force in this offence. Give him a knighthood... not arrest him.. f...ing boils my blood.

you need to calm down. it's a procedure. have your outrage if he gets convicted.

If the police have all the facts, the procedure only compounds more misery on the victim of the home invasion. It's shameful!!

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:45 am

ThomasC wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

If the police have all the facts, the procedure only compounds more misery on the victim of the home invasion. It's shameful!!

they dont have all the facts though... thats what they needed to find out :?

sounds like a case of self defense, and if so im sure nothing will happen to him

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:54 am

There's a cracking picture of him on Sky with two pints of Guinness in his hands.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:41 am

paulh_85 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

sounds like a case of self defense, and if so im sure nothing will happen to him

Problem is its all down to interpretation of what constitutes reasonable force! He's now been given bail :thumbup:

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Just on BBC news he's been bailed

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:29 pm

Stop the political correctness and start protecting the victims of crime . As an ordinary uk citizen I am disgusted hoe the elderly home owner can be charged with murder or man slaughter , he had my full support and empathy . Hope the British people get behind him and start a petition to have him released and no charges as he was simply the victim of scum bags breaking in to his home and terrorising his family , Where the justice ?

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Problem is its all down to interpretation of what constitutes reasonable force! He's now been given bail :thumbup:

That's the problem right there. My mate caught a burglar in his house in the middle of the night 4 years ago. Fortunately he was strong enough to restrain him until the police arrived without needing to actually hit him. The police arrived, he handed him over, bang the bloke drops to the floor and he's still in a coma today.

This was the case that subsequently went through the courts where the principle of being able to use reasonable force was upheld. But he didn't even hit him he just restrained him in a head lock. No action was ever taken against him but he's convinced if he'd actually hit him it would have been different matter.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:12 pm

At the end of the day if that guy had not broken in to a house he wouldn’t be dead. It’s time we stopped making excuses for people’s behaviour. If he didn’t want to be stabbed he shouldn’t be robbing houses.

I appreciate the police need to investigate but the gentlemen whose house was broken in to needs to be released without charge.

You could almost argue it was entrapment for the guy! He did not go to bed that night with the intention of killing someone.

Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:58 pm

The scum who got killed was also wanted for robbing another pensioner last year! In 2013 he was on Kent Police most wanted list for another burglary. His name is Henry Vincent, age 37. Pity his mate didn't die too.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/f ... 309761.amp

Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:22 pm

https://www.change.org/p/ministry-of-ju ... hare=false

Petition to support this gentleman

Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Not that I ever read the Indy but this is an interesting piece on what the law states about killing a burglar in your home.

Reading through some of the cases, it would appear that no charges will be brought, at least I hope so.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 90441.html

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Apparently he won't be facing any charges :thumbup:

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:59 pm

fred keenor wrote:https://www.change.org/p/ministry-of-justice-stop-the-criminalisation-of-victims-of-crime/psf/promote_or_share?share=false

Petition to support this gentleman

Thanks for highlighting fred Signed it.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:02 pm

This guy carried out his duty as the man of the house. You can't let someone come into your home and hope that the law will hand out appropriate punishments. He made the right call.