Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Arrested for protecting your home/Family

Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:06 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
bullerlever wrote:It's f.....g typical of our joke Nanny state country. If you decide to commit burglary and get caught, You deserve to be dealt a harsh lesson. It's all about common law and right to life. It's easy to justify force in this offence. Give him a knighthood... not arrest him.. f...ing boils my blood.

you need to calm down. it's a procedure. have your outrage if he gets convicted.

Paul in all due respect I get where your coming from and of we lived in a sane world I'd probably agree with you but the fact is that crazy decisions on what should be open shut cases are all too often happening far too often and we the regular folks need to start waking up to it and getting angry.

The fact that this man was even taken in by the police for defending his home when he was the victim of a crime should be questioned.

Enough of this prissy ass culture that puts criminals rights on an equal footing to those who are the victim of crime.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:09 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Not that I ever read the Indy but this is an interesting piece on what the law states about killing a burglar in your home.

Reading through some of the cases, it would appear that no charges will be brought, at least I hope so.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 90441.html

Shit paper. Good article. Thanks for sharing- based on that hopefully he'll be on fairly safe ground

Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:21 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Not that I ever read the Indy but this is an interesting piece on what the law states about killing a burglar in your home.

Reading through some of the cases, it would appear that no charges will be brought, at least I hope so.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 90441.html

Shit paper. Good article. Thanks for sharing- based on that hopefully he'll be on fairly safe ground

No charges being brought case closed :thumbup:

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:02 pm

Sorry I cant do links but I thought today's news was interesting. I thought the shrine to the individual at the scene in this case was completely inappropriate but I'm sensitive to the thought that just about everyone deserves the right to rest in peace.

Its the community that wants to glorify the scumbag that gets me. This was an individual who made a living robbng old people. We may think he's a scumbag but there seem to be plenty proud of his achievements and happy to call him a mate or the like.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:15 pm

It gets worse. The guy is now living in a safe house after getting death threats from the burglars friends. His house has been boarded up for security reasons and cctv installed by the police.

These threats need to be followed up by the cops and also people on the wrong side of the law who have been o doubt offended by this disgraceful episode.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:06 pm

epping blue wrote:Sorry I cant do links but I thought today's news was interesting. I thought the shrine to the individual at the scene in this case was completely inappropriate but I'm sensitive to the thought that just about everyone deserves the right to rest in peace.

Its the community that wants to glorify the scumbag that gets me. This was an individual who made a living robbng old people. We may think he's a scumbag but there seem to be plenty proud of his achievements and happy to call him a mate or the like.

Sympathy never did anyone any good mate.

He won't be resting in peace, he'll be burning in hell. Or reincarnated as a rat. No amount of flowers will change that.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:41 am

nubbsy wrote:
epping blue wrote:Sorry I cant do links but I thought today's news was interesting. I thought the shrine to the individual at the scene in this case was completely inappropriate but I'm sensitive to the thought that just about everyone deserves the right to rest in peace.

Sympathy never did anyone any good mate.

He won't be resting in peace, he'll be burning in hell. Or reincarnated as a rat. No amount of flowers will change that.

It wasn't about this particular scumbug, I'd imagine most people are happy that he's got his just deserts and are quite happy to see him rot in hell or at least not have him terrorise another pensioner.

It was about the community that glorifies his existence and his lifestyle. There's no doubt they knew what he was about, as there's no doubt someone knows where his accomplice his hiding out.

When 7 years ago, the Met Police took out the gun toting, drug dealing toe rag in North London, the community didn't rejoice, they took to the streets in protest. The community with more respect for a gun toting, drug dealer than law and order finds itself with violent crime out of control. Its what they protested for, isn't it ?