Gary Madine

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gary Madine

Postby BobbyBlue » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:28 pm

Cornelius no2.
BobbyBlue
 
Posts: 3192
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Gary Madine

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Gary Madine

Postby dorsetblue » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:32 pm

Awful player. Big pay cheque and no interest or ability. Pilks should of taken it. Will allow Hoilett his miss cos he's been brilliant this season, wouldn't have let him take it either though.
Last edited by dorsetblue on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dorsetblue
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby Chris1988 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:32 pm

I said all along when we were in for him I hope to god we don’t get him, one decent half of a season and here’s £6 million Bolton, makes me sick, I hope to god I never see him play for us again, can’t stand him
User avatar
Chris1988
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:34 pm

Not as big a mistake as far as expense goes but yes a mistake.
User avatar
Bakedalasker
 
Posts: 15632
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:46 am
Location: Derby

Re: Gary Madine

Postby bluebird7291 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:39 pm

Wow unreal you lot. He puts more effort in than Zohore but lots on here love Zohore. Madine needs someone to play off him. Great hold up player, and zohore needs to play off someone.

Simple really. But we never play with two strikers
bluebird7291
 
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby BobbyBlue » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:40 pm

Chris1988 wrote:I said all along when we were in for him I hope to god we don’t get him, one decent half of a season and here’s £6 million Bolton, makes me sick, I hope to god I never see him play for us again, can’t stand him


I was the same mate wen we were in for him hoping we wudnt bet him.
BobbyBlue
 
Posts: 3192
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby BobbyBlue » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Not as big a mistake as far as expense goes but yes a mistake.


Cornelius was a huge flop at huge wages, madine hasn’t done nothing for me and if the 6mil price is true he’s also been a big waste of money, hopefully he gets better can’t see the tho.
BobbyBlue
 
Posts: 3192
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby bluebird7291 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:43 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Not as big a mistake as far as expense goes but yes a mistake.


Cornelius was a huge flop at huge wages, madine hasn’t done nothing for me and if the 6mil price is true he’s also been a big waste of money, hopefully he gets better can’t see the tho.


Warnock has said himself it was 2M. And the rest after promotion. Even their owner has said it. So all in all nothing really. We spent more on Tomlin to turn up for forest
bluebird7291
 
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:46 pm

BobbyBlue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Not as big a mistake as far as expense goes but yes a mistake.


Cornelius was a huge flop at huge wages, madine hasn’t done nothing for me and if the 6mil price is true he’s also been a big waste of money, hopefully he gets better can’t see the tho.


Difference is its only 6m if we go up and he isn't on 45k a week. Been awful so far mind.
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 28178
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Gary Madine

Postby davids » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:51 pm

Hasn't looked like scoring since he arrived and no matter how good his hold up play is a striker is judged mainly on the goals he scores.

Had a journeyman career and no idea why anybody thinks that he would be any different here.

Negligent to allow a player low on confidence who hasn't scored for months to take such a vital penalty kick.

Looks less likely to score than Ronnie Moore or Eddie Johnson.

A waste of money.
davids
 
Posts: 6677
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:16 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby Blooballoon » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Garbage player , ain’t looked like scoring since he got here
Blooballoon
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:29 am

Re: Gary Madine

Postby BobbyBlue » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:15 pm

davids wrote:Hasn't looked like scoring since he arrived and no matter how good his hold up play is a striker is judged mainly on the goals he scores.

Had a journeyman career and no idea why anybody thinks that he would be any different here.

Negligent to allow a player low on confidence who hasn't scored for months to take such a vital penalty kick.

Looks less likely to score than Ronnie Moore or Eddie Johnson.

A waste of money.


Spot on no confidence and asked to take a vital pen
BobbyBlue
 
Posts: 3192
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby llan bluebird » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:18 pm

Not sure he recovers from this
User avatar
llan bluebird
 
Posts: 6894
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby Gringo22 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:22 pm

Don't know what neil warnock saw in him could of got better with the money they spent on him or potentially.
Gringo22
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby palerider » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:35 pm

In my opinion his hold up play is nowhere near as good as zohore and tonight he seemed to miss time his attempts to head the ball.
palerider
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:24 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:03 am

Comes on with us desperately trying to get into game he was onto a hiding to nothing with us just pumping high balls hopefully into box!
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15642
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Gary Madine

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:05 am

bluebird7291 wrote:
BobbyBlue wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Not as big a mistake as far as expense goes but yes a mistake.


Cornelius was a huge flop at huge wages, madine hasn’t done nothing for me and if the 6mil price is true he’s also been a big waste of money, hopefully he gets better can’t see the tho.


Warnock has said himself it was 2M. And the rest after promotion. Even their owner has said it. So all in all nothing really. We spent more on Tomlin to turn up for forest


Warnock said on talksport after the burton game that it was £5m
BluebirdWhitchurch
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:42 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:57 am

He had an awful game last night, why he was selected to take the penalty?
User avatar
Cardiffcitymad
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:13 am
Location: Pontypridd

Re: Gary Madine

Postby City Slicker » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:42 am

I've struggled to see anything in him but I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. I've yet to be convinced. Oh how I wish we had signed Mitrovic.
City Slicker
 
Posts: 5119
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby BobbyBlue » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:37 am

City Slicker wrote:I've struggled to see anything in him but I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. I've yet to be convinced. Oh how I wish we had signed Mitrovic.


That would of been good, how many has he got 8 goals in 11 apps I think I read. Even tho we are doing well and the goals have been shared about, we’ve missed a prolific goal scorer.

Madine is not the answer has he even scored yet ?
BobbyBlue
 
Posts: 3192
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby Jimbo27 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:40 am

Sadly Madine is turning out as I had first feared, a League 1 journeyman striker who had a good few months in the Championship. I've seen nothing in him so far to suggest he has any business leading the line for a team looking to win promotion. Pilkington needs to be given more chances now!
Adopted player for 2014/15 Lee Peltier
Jimbo27
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:09 am

Re: Gary Madine

Postby palerider » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:48 am

Bogle would present a better goal threat from the bench than Madine and pilks would be ahead of both in my opinion. Madine needs games in the development squad to verify what if anything he can do.
palerider
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:24 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby Dahboy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:21 am

This guy must be laughing all the way to the bank when he sees his account balance. What with his signing on fee and his wages,
And I'm not just saying it because of last night, he is terrible and Warnock got it wrong.
User avatar
Dahboy
 
Posts: 1796
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby Mr Shed » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:45 am

All these knives out for Madine is ridiculous!

Our penalty takers at the moment are
1 Ralls
2 Zohore
3 Hoilett.

The first two were not on the pitch, so it fell to Hoilett. Hoilett wasnt confident so fair play to Madine for stepping up at such a crucial moment. Better players have had less pressure and missed.
By all means slag off Madine, its your right i suppose. But i feel Hoilett seems to be getting away from the stick a little, just because he is in the "speak no ill" elite.

The above info came from Warnocks post match press conference.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

*Insert Name here* BARMY ARMY!!!!!
User avatar
Mr Shed
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:39 am
Location: Wiltshire

Re: Gary Madine

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:49 am

Mr Shed wrote:All these knives out for Madine is ridiculous!

Our penalty takers at the moment are
1 Ralls
2 Zohore
3 Hoilett.

The first two were not on the pitch, so it fell to Hoilett. Hoilett wasnt confident so fair play to Madine for stepping up at such a crucial moment. Better players have had less pressure and missed.
By all means slag off Madine, its your right i suppose. But i feel Hoilett seems to be getting away from the stick a little, just because he is in the "speak no ill" elite.

The above info came from Warnocks post match press conference.




If true it makes the case for hoilett even worse. He should have taken the first one and having ducked out of it shouldn’t have taken the second.

For me Madine was the obvious choice for the penalty
User avatar
paulh_85
 
Posts: 11013
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: Gary Madine

Postby Cardiffcitymad » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:27 am

paulh_85 wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:All these knives out for Madine is ridiculous!

Our penalty takers at the moment are
1 Ralls
2 Zohore
3 Hoilett.

The first two were not on the pitch, so it fell to Hoilett. Hoilett wasnt confident so fair play to Madine for stepping up at such a crucial moment. Better players have had less pressure and missed.
By all means slag off Madine, its your right i suppose. But i feel Hoilett seems to be getting away from the stick a little, just because he is in the "speak no ill" elite.

The above info came from Warnocks post match press conference.




If true it makes the case for hoilett even worse. He should have taken the first one and having ducked out of it shouldn’t have taken the second.

For me Madine was the obvious choice for the penalty

In my opinion Holliet had an off day, he was beaten on the ball most of the game.
User avatar
Cardiffcitymad
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:13 am
Location: Pontypridd



Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aramore, billy ronson, Charlie Harper, CityBlue93, cityone, eltel, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Jock, papa, riffraff, Rock the Casbah, rontom, rumpo kid, Welsh Exile and 193 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.