Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Some of our fans are ridiculous.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:53 am

Honestly ive said it before we have some of the most negative fans in football.

Some of the comments on here writing us off saying we've messed up and we'll be in the playoffs.

We are sqt in second place 5 points clear and before tonight 12 games unbeaten.12!!!!

We just lost to the best and most expensive team in the championship by 1 goal.

How can you so called football fans write off your club given the above??

Do you think Fulham and Villa aren't under pressure going into every game??

12 games unbeaten run , 5 points clear, 2nd place and our fans write us off. What a joke.

Re: Some of our fans are ridiculous.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:05 am

Only natural after what happened last night.

It will all be forgotten if we beat Villa Tuesday night and hopefully we will do. However people are megga pissed off at the moment after last night.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:12 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Only natural after what happened last night.

It will all be forgotten if we beat Villa Tuesday night and hopefully we will do. However people are megga pissed off at the moment after last night.

I'm pissed off after every loss but don't go writing us off the way some "fans" have.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:27 am

WelshPatriot wrote:

I'm pissed off after every loss but don't go writing us off the way some "fans" have.

Well I have not written us off but I'm very uncomfortable with Madine in the squad. I hope he is dropped from the squad.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:23 am

No better example of the negativity.
Instead of criticising which is easy to do we need to remain strong and support.
We lose one game, remain second with a 5 point gap.
18 months ago we looked relegation certanties.
Im sure all the players are hurting but there is nothing they or we can do now other than look at winning at villa.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:44 am

WelshPatriot wrote:Honestly ive said it before we have some of the most negative fans in football.

Some of the comments on here writing us off saying we've messed up and we'll be in the playoffs.

We are sqt in second place 5 points clear and before tonight 12 games unbeaten.12!!!!

12 games unbeaten run , 5 points clear, 2nd place and our fans write us off. What a joke.

Summed up perfectly. I am absolutely gutted by the way we lost yesterday but some of the comments made are embarrassing. :oops:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:06 am

Fulham lose and it's as you were but they got one less game to catch us. :thumbup:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:28 am

WelshPatriot wrote:Honestly ive said it before we have some of the most negative fans in football.

I agree with every single word could not have put it better :clap: :thumbup:
Last nights gone finished ANY team below us in this league would swap places with us in a heartbeat
Our destiny is in OUR hands regroup and I'm sure we will cross the promotion line
BE POSITIVE
C"MON CITY :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:40 am

i think all fans are ridiculous. By definition we are one eyed, partisan, irrational and emotional.

Sport, but especially football evokes emotion which sometime manifests itself into self loathing and irrational outbursts.

The next day, week or game we calm down and return to that normal person.

Six games to go with a five point lead, we'd have bitten your hand for that at the start of the season.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:48 am

And despite us not being at our best, we were extremely unlucky not get at least a draw, if not a win, we need to get our heads up and move on and support the team when they need us most :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:50 am

Always the same with our fans sadly.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:54 am

2blue2handle wrote:

Same at any club BUT what other club fans have witnessed their team miss 2 penalties in injury time?

If people don't want to hear fans having a whinge then don't give them the ammunition like the club did last night.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:57 am

Well said, always the same. It’s as if some actually prefer it when we fail.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:13 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Same at any club BUT what other club fans have witnessed their team miss 2 penalties in injury time?

If people don't want to hear fans having a whinge then don't give them the ammunition like the club did last night.

Having a whinge is fine, expressing huge disappointment is too be expected.

Writing off the team and making scapegoats when we have been in the top two virtually all season is nothing short of pathetic and fans who are now openly slating players and giving up on promotion need to take a reality check. :banghead:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:18 am

We will go up ,but last night is gutting as we had our chances

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:20 am

BlueVanman wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Having a whinge is fine, expressing huge disappointment is too be expected.

Writing off the team and making scapegoats when we have been in the top two virtually all season is nothing short of pathetic and fans who are now openly slating players and giving up on promotion need to take a reality check. :banghead:

Reality check? What the issue then slating a player who has proved nothing?

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:22 am

wez1927 wrote:We will go up ,but last night is gutting as we had our chances

Nice post Wez and I do agree with you.

Sometimes you have to make harsh decisions and I believe Madine should be dropped.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:04 pm

On an I'm sure controversial point, wasn't it a good job Madine was there at Sheffield last Monday. Without his headed assist to Pilks, surely we wouldn't have got what may turn out to be invaluable point. Just saying. I also think Ken should start against Villa. He gave Terry & Chester a torrid time in the home game. We haven't done too badly so far have we? We are not out of it yet. :bluebird:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:11 pm

BLUE54 wrote:On an I'm sure controversial point, wasn't it a good job Madine was there at Sheffield last Monday. Without his headed assist to Pilks, surely we wouldn't have got what may turn out to be invaluable point. Just saying. I also think Ken should start against Villa. He gave Terry & Chester a torrid time in the home game. We haven't done too badly so far have we? We are not out of it yet. :bluebird:

Very true.

But it was Pilks that scored the goal.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:15 pm

You can say what you want mate but I said this way before the wolves game, we have the worst run in out of all the teams around us by a country mile. If we don't get points at villa it's the mental side that could see us off, the pressure. I've got a feeling last night could be a tipping point. Hope I'm wrong.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Maybe not two pens but any loss because player misses easy opportunity to either win or draw can be hard to take especially if it's important like last night, but not end world it does show we can compete with the best? And we will win through I'm sure :thumbup:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:29 pm

If it hadn't been for the 2 penalty misses most would probably have said we matched them & were beaten only by a fantastically taken free kick & move on to the next game. The shock of missing the 2 pens makes it feel like waking up from a nightmare.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:If it hadn't been for the 2 penalty misses most would probably have said we matched them & were beaten only by a fantastically taken free kick & move on to the next game. The shock of missing the 2 pens makes it feel like waking up from a nightmare.

It's all about the two pens otherwise your right move on as nothing to suggest we won't or can't beat villa or win more games :old:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 pm

Saying we have the most negative supporters is so wrong you have to speak to other supporters or go on other teams sites to realise that the statement is totally wrong.

Everyone has views and normally different but I will not accept its wrong as everyone had a view that is the love of football and hopefully it wont change.

Look at gillette soccer you have ex footballers who know a lot more about football than us but they always disagree which makes it entertaining.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:11 pm

The vitriol and anger will always raise its head very quickly in Cardiff.reason being its almost part of our DNA that we get so far but ultimately we will fail.our history littered with failure .i seriously think we are cursed.we missed a penalty away at Birmingham in 1924 which would have won us the league title.the carling cup final shoot out.I hope last nights misses don't come back to haunt us.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:32 pm

Not ridiculous, just dissappointed. Wrong tactics, wrong players, wrong penalty takers. Against Villa, “offensive” please Mr Warnock not “defensive”.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:39 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:Not ridiculous, just dissappointed. Wrong tactics, wrong players, wrong penalty takers. Against Villa, “offensive” please Mr Warnock not “defensive”.

I do agree we set up wrong but at the same time we still had chances and would have had a point on another day. My concern is warnock trying to find places for Manga and Gunner for the sake of it.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:43 pm

This situation was always likely to happen given our difficult games compared to Fulham! So shouldn't be a surprise got to just keep on going and what will be will be! Better than being at bottom that's for sure :thumbup:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:00 pm

Any Cardiff fan that cares has to be upset about loosing, and especially in the manner we lost. I think in the heat of the moment you just want to vent your frustration. I’m sure come the next game though, we will all get behind the team to push them over the line, that’s just the way us football fans are.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Well I have not written us off but I'm very uncomfortable with Madine in the squad. I hope he is dropped from the squad.

Why? Don't see why everyone has it in for Madine?