Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Confirmed refs are blind! !

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:10 pm

Just watching man u and man u player just made tackle that was close to a red card (nevilles opinion) it was inside box but ref gave nothing!!! :roll:

Re: Confirmed refs are blind! !

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Just watching man u and man u player just made tackle that was close to a red card (nevilles opinion) it was inside box but ref gave nothing!!! :roll:

Thought the ref got it spot on. Young cleanly took the ball with his right foot first and caught Aguero on the follow through.

There is a follow through on every tackle and when you have Gary Neville saying a player at his former club should be sent off for catching someone after cleanly taking the ball first, I really do give up.

I detest Man Utd and their glory hunting plastics as well. No doubt, I will see a few of them out down the local later gloating about them stopping Man City's title winning party, while gloating about "Cardiff being sh!t and bottling it" at the same time. :banghead:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:35 pm

Definitely a pen, not in control of the tackle

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Just watching man u and man u player just made tackle that was close to a red card (nevilles opinion) it was inside box but ref gave nothing!!! :roll:

Thought the ref got it spot on. Young cleanly took the ball with his right foot first and caught Aguero on the follow through.

There is a follow through on every tackle and when you have Gary Neville saying a player at his former club should be sent off for catching someone after cleanly taking the ball first, I really do give up.

I detest Man Utd and their glory hunting plastics as well. No doubt, I will see a few of them out down the local later gloating about them stopping Man City's title winning party, while gloating about "Cardiff being sh!t and bottling it" at the same time. :banghead:

Young came from several feet away and lunged at ball with foot of ground!!! you are telling me that outside Box that is not a foul? Neville is man u fan and you think he's wrong? :roll:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Young came from several feet away and lunged at ball with foot of ground!!! you are telling me that outside Box that is not a foul? Neville is man u fan and you think he's wrong? :roll:

If you look at it again, you see Young cleanly takes the ball with his right foot before making any contact with Aguero. Yes, he lunged in, but he didn't slide in through the back or side, it was front on and if you take the ball first before making any contact with the man, it's a good tackle in my opinion. I disagree with Gary Neville.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:58 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

If you look at it again, you see Young cleanly takes the ball with his right foot before making any contact with Aguero. Yes, he lunged in, but he didn't slide in through the back or side, it was front on and if you take the ball first before making any contact with the man, it's a good tackle in my opinion. I disagree with Gary Neville.

So having foot off ground getting ball but wiping out player afterwards is not a foul? Like said if outside box it's a foul all day long! Or if that was against city you say it wasn't a foul but great tackle? :o

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

So having foot off ground getting ball but wiping out player afterwards is not a foul? Like said if outside box it's a foul all day long! Or if that was against city you say it wasn't a foul but great tackle? :o

If his foot was off the ground, he would have gone over the top of the ball. The ball was on the deck and Young took it. His foot made contact a maximum of two thirds of the way up the ball. Young's studs weren't showing, he just simply caught Aguero with the follow through after taking the ball first. Believe me, I can't stand Man Utd, but I thought it was a good tackle.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

If his foot was off the ground, he would have gone over the top of the ball. The ball was on the deck and Young took it. His foot made contact a maximum of two thirds of the way up the ball. Young's studs weren't showing, he just simply caught Aguero with the follow through after taking the ball first. Believe me, I can't stand Man Utd, but I thought it was a good tackle.

OK Bellers and souness both say red card is everyone wrong??? Know it's about opinions but 3 pundits so far say red and undoubtedly tonight on motd others will certainly say pen if not more will leave it at that :thumbup:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:22 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

OK Bellers and souness both say red card is everyone wrong??? Know it's about opinions but 3 pundits so far say red and undoubtedly tonight on motd others will certainly say pen if not more will leave it at that :thumbup:

Did the pundits all look at the replay and say it should have been a red? :o

I thought Young got the ball in real time and it looked like he took the ball in the replay to me. I will have to look at it again. I sympathise with the ref on this occasion mind, as I definitely wouldn't have given the penalty.

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Been on the pop all day eh fella??as stone wall a penalty your ever likely to see

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:40 pm

Looked more of a dangerous tackle than Joe Bennett's on Sane to me. Just saying like!

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I thought Young got the ball in real time and it looked like he took the ball in the replay to me. I will have to look at it again. I sympathise with the ref on this occasion mind, as I definitely wouldn't have given the penalty.

Motd cometator said it was a red card tackle!
And saw a different angle earlier looked worse :roll: & both pundits say pen and possible red card! :thumbup:

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:17 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

And saw a different angle earlier looked worse :roll: & both pundits say pen and possible red card! :thumbup:

Agree with Tonteg. Young got the ball, but in getting the ball it forced his foot up, his foot didn't start high. Great tackle. If you're saying that's a red card then Coady should've been sent off for Wolves last night early on for his tackle on Hoilett, got the ball then took the man out after.

Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:04 am

NyeBluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Agree with Tonteg. Young got the ball, but in getting the ball it forced his foot up, his foot didn't start high. Great tackle. If you're saying that's a red card then Coady should've been sent off for Wolves last night early on for his tackle on Hoilett, got the ball then took the man out after.

My original point was ref must been blind not to give pen but comentators & pundits said should been red as well? his foot was off ground he went in sideways his foot made contact with top of ball that says his foot was dangerous as was not in control ! So what you and tonteg are saying Youngs tackle was good and 2 comentators & 5 pundits are wrong ?garauntee var if used would say different :thumbup:

Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:33 am

NyeBluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Dont be so stupid coady pushed hoilett over youngs tackle was awful.doesnt matter if he took tge man out b4 after a bad tackle any way you look at it

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:39 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Getting the ball first does not mean it is not a foul It has not been a rule for a long time about getting the ball first means it is not fair tackle Penalty all day long

Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:07 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I'd like to agree but I think by today's modern football standards (not mine) it was a red. Yes he touch the ball first, but he came through with his foot off the floor studs showing and made contact with the shin.

Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:49 am

nubbsy wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I'd like to agree but I think by today's modern football standards (not mine) it was a red. Yes he touch the ball first, but he came through with his foot off the floor studs showing and made contact with the shin.

Basically that's what I was basing my post on because he actually waived away appeals so obviously had clear view of incident!
sorry but no way was that a fair tackle inside or out pen area well not with today's standards :thumbup:

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:29 pm

In todays game its a clear red....
I don't agree with it because I love a good tackle but its how things are these days unfortunately.

It'll be a non contact sport before we know it. ;)

Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:10 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:In todays game its a clear red....
I don't agree with it because I love a good tackle but its how things are these days unfortunately.

It'll be a non contact sport before we know it. ;)

Graham poll said didn't understand how it wasn't a pen and probably a red considering ref saw incident as well? No one can say that would not be a foul and possible red card if it's outside box ffs seen milder tackles given as pens and unquestionably
Var would have given pen at least. :thumbup:

Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:51 am

Of course its a pen and probably a red card unless Tonteg Blue is referring :lol:

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:33 am

2blue2handle wrote:Of course its a pen and probably a red card unless Tonteg Blue is referring :lol:

Whilst post was toung in cheek fans have complained about refs his season quite a lot and this incident was seen by him and he deemed it OK? Yet no one apart from our friend didn't think it was a pen & red card as he saw it and waved game on!! You can only asume he is blind? :old:

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Again proof refs are blind? Mike dean standing looking at an incident 5yrds away Chelsea player goes into shane long deliberately stamps on longs calf nothing given even wise of Chelsea said he shouldn't be ref if did not see it or needs glasses as red card easily, it was clearer than my original point :thumbup:

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Another one in spurs game Ben davies should been sent off for over the top tackle but again officials didn't see it! :o