Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve Bruce issues passionate Aston Villa message

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 am

Steve Bruce issues passionate Aston Villa message as season end edges closer

Monday 9th April 2018

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce has called on his players to bounce back against Cardiff City tomorrow and reckons his team still have a chance of automatic promotion.

With the Welsh side losing to Wolves on Friday, Villa knew they could put serious pressure on Neil Warnock’s men by beating Norwich City ahead of their clash tomorrow.

However, the West Midlands side were second-best against the Canaries and lost 3-1. It leaves them seven points behind the Bluebirds who also have a game in hand, with Fulham their nearest rivals.

And, whilst Bruce refused to give up on catching the top two, he admitted how disappointed he was with the situation.

“I’m angry, frustrated, the whole thing. But it’s not over. The over-riding factor is that what happens in big games,” he told the Express & Star.

“We’ve got to look after ourselves and in the last few games we haven’t done enough. My job through good and bad is to lift everybody. It ain’t over, certainly not with five games left and six for others.”

The Verdict

You can understand why Bruce doesn’t want to publicly say they have no chance of making the top two as he needs his players to hit form for the play-offs, but the reality is they are too far behind.

It’s highly unlikely they would catch Cardiff and that’s not even mentioning Fulham who don’t look as though they’ll drop five points between now and May either.

Villa had a big chance to make it close on Saturday but blew it and everyone with the club should be frustrated that they have dropped points at just the wrong tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Steve Bruce issues passionate Aston Villa message

Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:40 am

What Steve Bruce says

“There are still five games left, six for some. We could have set it up very nicely.

“But we will have to be better against Cardiff because if we are not we will get turned over. I expect us to be better and I am sure we will be.

“It’s not about what other people do, it’s about the accumulation of points. And we simply haven’t got enough in the last month. We can only look at ourselves.

“We’ll never give up, but it looks like those automatic places will be difficult to get to. We’ll try again on Tuesday.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Steve Bruce issues passionate Aston Villa message

Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:06 pm

Blah blah Bruce. Epic FAIL by you and your over payed muppets this season :laughing6: :thumbup: