Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Russian conflict

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:41 pm

How much worse do you think the current relations between east and west would need to get before it actually effects the participation of teams in Russia ? If the USA strikes Syria which it probably will, what will be the grave retaliation that Russia promises ? Personally, I think the coming days could see the end of this years World cup as proposed, although for the sake of the innocent civilians who get caught up in these things, lets hope they pull back from the brink.

Re: Russian conflict

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:02 pm

I just hope it doesn't go to penalties. :(

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:06 pm

It’s surprising how much shit the Russians keep doing, if you back to Crimea, Ukraine, the recent poisoning’s and Syria they seem to be treading a fine line with all this aggression, half of which they deny of course. I hope it does get cancelled, hopefully teach them a lesson. Can’t believe hardly any fans are thinking, hey great the World Cup is in Russia, can’t wait to go...such a corrupt decision.

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:35 pm

If you believe half the shit that the Russians have allegedly done you will end up in an early grave.
If you wake up tomorrow, the Russians haven't retaliated because if they do, we will be the first to know about it.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:42 am

USA and UN had their chance years ago when Syria first started and blew it, now of course the UK gutter press say it was USA and UK's fault, who the hell needs enemies when we have our own press blaming us and don't get me started on Comrade Corbyn.
UN a waste of space as its now just a talking shop who are terrified of Putin and many years ago what did the UN Peacekeepers do to prevent a massacre? NOTHING!!!

Although I think that sport and politics shouldn't mix on this occasion we ( and our European partners ha ha ) should boycott it.( and USA if they're there )
Whilst on a rant, who the hell is that 'sport,culture,blah blah blah secretary' who turned WBA safe standing request without even having the decency to say why?

Rant now over. many thanks :oops:

PS. Villa 2 Cardiff 4. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:50 pm

Putin is Stalin re-incarnated, this man means business and will have no issues about kicking off with the West just to purely gain land lost after Gorbachev complete cock up in 89 when his attempt to reignite the Communist party went massively wrong and the Soviet Union broke up. Putin wants to put that right and these are his ways off doing it so that the West reacts to it.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:54 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Putin is Stalin re-incarnated, this man means business and will have no issues about kicking off with the West just to purely gain land lost after Gorbachev complete cock up in 89 when his attempt to reignite the Communist party went massively wrong and the Soviet Union broke up. Putin wants to put that right and these are his ways off doing it so that the West reacts to it.

putin isnt a communist though.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:10 pm

I think the English fans will get leathered.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:44 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:I just hope it doesn't go to penalties. :(

Don't ask any of us to take any.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:07 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Putin is Stalin re-incarnated, this man means business and will have no issues about kicking off with the West just to purely gain land lost after Gorbachev complete cock up in 89 when his attempt to reignite the Communist party went massively wrong and the Soviet Union broke up. Putin wants to put that right and these are his ways off doing it so that the West reacts to it.

He is a mental though.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:37 pm

goats wrote:It’s surprising how much shit the Russians keep doing, if you back to Crimea, Ukraine, the recent poisoning’s and Syria they seem to be treading a fine line with all this aggression, half of which they deny of course. I hope it does get cancelled, hopefully teach them a lesson. Can’t believe hardly any fans are thinking, hey great the World Cup is in Russia, can’t wait to go...such a corrupt decision.

Lay off the broadsheets mate!

Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:06 pm

goats wrote:It’s surprising how much shit the Russians keep doing, if you back to Crimea, Ukraine, the recent poisoning’s and Syria they seem to be treading a fine line with all this aggression, half of which they deny of course. I hope it does get cancelled, hopefully teach them a lesson. Can’t believe hardly any fans are thinking, hey great the World Cup is in Russia, can’t wait to go...such a corrupt decision.

Do you really believe this stuff....fake news in my opinion.. :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:23 pm

Jock wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

He is a mental though.

They all are, Theresa May is an actual psychopath.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:35 am

you know i wouldn't class myself educated on the current situation regarding Russia, 2 years ago i would be sitting here going "Putin is a villain, a mad man etc" i recently watched the "Putin interviews" which gave an insight into how Russia is being run and why he is the way he is.....first off Russia are so anti-western under putin because of American foreign policy. after the fall of the USSR Russia went through a period of serious financial problems, which are still an issue but the country is slowly moving to be more westernised and modern, however America have strategically placed nuclear warheads around the states, literally, they have war ships encircled the country and they have missile launchers etc located in countries around Russia. What happened in Ukraine and Crimera, is nothing less than what America has been doing for decades, in countries which they have an keen interest in, help destabilise a region, etc. now in Russia, the big issue is, its not soley run by putin, there are several factions around putin, who are off doing their own thing. also Russia's nuclear arsenal is so underfunded that a report a few years back stated that a lot of the former KGB high ranking men now, are stealing from the state and are selling to the black market.

all in all, there won't be a Russian conflict, if America do bomb Syria, then Russia are much more intelligent than to simply attack America, they will work in the backround with countries like Syria, Iran, North Korea, who fund and train terror cells etc, then Russia can spin it, to say America are weak after an attack etc