Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Deserve to Go Up?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:20 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
welshrarebit wrote:Safe to say we have bottled these last 3 games

Rubbish. We haven’t bottled anything, we are just not good enough. The last 3 games were very tough, 2 away and home against the best side in the division.

Think need to look at definition of bottling it? We didn't deserve to lose to wolves or villa tonight we had more than enough chances in both games to come away with at least draws, poor finishing bad luck is not bottling it :(

You mention about coming away with draws but in the last 3 games we haven’t shown any urgency UNTIL we have fallen behind. Yes, we were playing decent teams but it seeems as though we went out there playing for the draw rather than going out to win games as Fulham do. Draws are not good enough to get promoted when you have a team like Fulham who go out to win every game. That was a poor Villa team tonight and luck doesn’t come into it. You need to take your chances and that was a game that City let slip away.

This is spot on. We are approaching these games in a negative fashion. Fulham “believe” they can win every game and are confident to do so. We on the other hand, are too concerned with the the opposition players. Ooh let’s man mark Neves, let’s stop Grealish. If you are scared of the opposition, to begin with, your on a loser straight away.

Re: Deserve to Go Up?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:52 am

Never expected to be in an automatic promotion spot earlier in the season at this stage, maybe playoffs, so I'm still chuffed we sill have a chance. If we do go up we will be cannon fodder for most of the huge Prem outfits just like the Jacks. Our Prem season under OGS is just like a distant bad dream, secretly I love the Championship it's where we naturally thrive, a season or two in the Prem would be great but it's not the end of my football world if we don't go up or go up and get outplayed most weeks.

It's hard to understand some of the negativity around here. Unless you have stood on the bob bank watching Derek Showers as our only goal threat you won't argue we have currently a fantastic team and manager given our budget.

:old:

p.s. nothing against Derek really, he tried his best and ran his heart out.