Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Deserve to Go Up?

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:39 pm

There is one huge difference between Fulham and City. Fulham attack from the first minute until they do get a goal whereas we only seem to switch on when we are chasing the game in the last few minutes. No urgency until we fall behind!

The game was there for the taking against a poor Villa team.

Re: Deserve to Go Up?

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Safe to say we have bottled these last 3 games

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:42 pm

welshrarebit wrote:Safe to say we have bottled these last 3 games

No it’s not

Team with the highest number of points deserves to go up

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Given we lost 2 of them and drew 1 in the last minute we haven’t exactly covered ourselves with glory

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:44 pm

welshrarebit wrote:Given we lost 2 of them and drew 1 in the last minute we haven’t exactly covered ourselves with glory

Not the same as bottling tho is it

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Have to agree, the negative tactics and sitting back against a poor villa team who struggle when pressed really made so sense.

I guess however the tactics weren't helped by the fact so many players were way of the pace, How hoillett lasted 87mins I don't know. Patterson obv not fit, gunners was sloppy giving the ball away 80% of the time. As for Zohore, I really have to question myself and start to think if the doubters were right, I defended him but that tonight was terrible.

A very frustrating game!

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:49 pm

Paul the end of the season will say If we have bottled the chance to go up. But imo we have absolutely bottled the last 3 games. we can still go up. But we have got a very poor vein of form and we just aren’t creating anything concrete. Fulham are like a steamroller at the moment. They play good fluid football. I know we have a different style but we aren’t clicking right now and we need to get back on it ASAP

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:50 pm

Rubbish. We haven’t bottled anything, we are just not good enough. The last 3 games were very tough, 2 away and home against the best side in the division.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:51 pm

welshrarebit wrote:Paul the end of the season will say If we have bottled the chance to go up. But imo we have absolutely bottled the last 3 games. we can still go up. But we have got a very poor vein of form and we just aren’t creating anything concrete. Fulham are like a steamroller at the moment. They play good fluid football. I know we have a different style but we aren’t clicking right now and we need to get back on it ASAP

No it won’t losing a game doesn’t make a team bottlers stop listening to Adrian Durham and stop being so melodramatic

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:51 pm

We bottled the Wolves game but we just weren't good enough tonight. Haven't got the players to see the season out in autos, unfortunately.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Who ever is first and second after 46 games deserves to go up.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:54 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

Rubbish. We haven’t bottled anything, we are just not good enough. The last 3 games were very tough, 2 away and home against the best side in the division.

Think need to look at definition of bottling it? We didn't deserve to lose to wolves or villa tonight we had more than enough chances in both games to come away with at least draws, poor finishing bad luck is not bottling it :(

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Ballsed them up then! :-P

I can’t do emojis on my phone!

It is still in our hands though. Maybe we just like making things difficult! Bloody frustrating whichever way you look at it.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:03 pm

We haven’t bottled it, the players are on their last legs...I have to question the use of the squad, but then again as fans we don’t know the full picture.

Where’s Ralls? He was sprinting last week according to NW. Where’s Kadeem? But you have to say we’ve had the worst injury list out of any of the top four.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Think need to look at definition of bottling it? We didn't deserve to lose to wolves or villa tonight we had more than enough chances in both games to come away with at least draws, poor finishing bad luck is not bottling it :(

You mention about coming away with draws but in the last 3 games we haven’t shown any urgency UNTIL we have fallen behind. Yes, we were playing decent teams but it seeems as though we went out there playing for the draw rather than going out to win games as Fulham do. Draws are not good enough to get promoted when you have a team like Fulham who go out to win every game. That was a poor Villa team tonight and luck doesn’t come into it. You need to take your chances and that was a game that City let slip away.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:There is one huge difference between Fulham and City. Fulham attack from the first minute until they do get a goal whereas we only seem to switch on when we are chasing the game in the last few minutes. No urgency until we fall behind!

Still in our hands, I'd rather be chasing, a lot less nerve-racking. Let's see how Fulham deal with it now. Still think Villa are out of it.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Who ever is first and second after 46 games deserves to go up.

Absolutely correct.

All we have to do is match Fulham’s results and win our game in hand. Then we go up and deserve to go up .....FACT !!!

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:14 pm

Totally disagree... we have lost last 2 games to two top goals, the one tonite in off the post, whereas Mendez hit the post andniut, plus we had 2 off line, their goalie pulled off top saves..
Luck has left us at the moment.. we have to keep plugging away..
I would not say we have bottles it at all
Still been a fabulous season.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Bottom line is we can all have our opinion. Did we think we would be where we are now at the start. Honestly no chance. We miss ralls as everything goes through him. Keep the faith lads. :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:17 pm

personally I would be rather be in front with points on the board !

We all knew these 3 games would f***k us up and they have , Now every game will feel like it is a play off game until the end of the season be it 5 games or more !

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:27 pm

This team hasn’t bottled it. It’s not even bad luck. Lads, it’s the championship......toughest most competitive league there is. Anyone can beat anyone. Look where we’ve come from in the last year! Expectations have changed with a bit of success. Keep believing. There’s 46 games, another 5 cup finals. Could go down to the wire.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:28 pm

If we’d have won tonight we’d probably go and feck it up against Forest or Reading .. :banghead: that’s what we do

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:31 pm

Janick71 wrote:Bottom line is we can all have our opinion. Did we think we would be where we are now at the start. Honestly no chance. We miss ralls as everything goes through him. Keep the faith lads. :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Very true. Ralls’ box to box energy is a big miss. Gunnar getting criticism but he’s just come back from injury, and it’s not like we’ve got many other options to change things up. Shame Pilks isn’t getting more minutes.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:34 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

You mention about coming away with draws but in the last 3 games we haven’t shown any urgency UNTIL we have fallen behind. Yes, we were playing decent teams but it seeems as though we went out there playing for the draw rather than going out to win games as Fulham do. Draws are not good enough to get promoted when you have a team like Fulham who go out to win every game. That was a poor Villa team tonight and luck doesn’t come into it. You need to take your chances and that was a game that City let slip away.

Funny you should mention draws? just posted elsewhere that NW sets up not to lose game which is depremental to our chances to win games as we are chasing games late on only need see how many games we scored in last 10 mins

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:35 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:There is one huge difference between Fulham and City. Fulham attack from the first minute until they do get a goal whereas we only seem to switch on when we are chasing the game in the last few minutes. No urgency until we fall behind!

The biggest difference is the wage bill!

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:35 pm

#1ScouseBluebird wrote:
Janick71 wrote:Bottom line is we can all have our opinion. Did we think we would be where we are now at the start. Honestly no chance. We miss ralls as everything goes through him. Keep the faith lads. :bluebird: :ayatollah:

Very true. Ralls’ box to box energy is a big miss. Gunnar getting criticism but he’s just come back from injury, and it’s not like we’ve got many other options to change things up. Shame Pilks isn’t getting more minutes.

But now is not the time to be getting Gunnarsson fit. He should be on the bench. Grujic is a better player in that position anyway.

Then you have Bryson, Ward or Damour for energy even without Ralls. It’s almost as if we getting Gunnarsson fit for Iceland because I just don’t see we need him as a starter right now.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:56 pm

A lot of doom merchants on here tonight. I'm surprised nobodies mentioned the 08/09 season finale when we failed to make the play-offs after needing 1 point from our last four games :-D

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:37 pm

Same old Cardiff, always bottle it when it matters. Expect nothing else. Yet I still support them to the end.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Leave the door wide open for Fulham :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:52 am

We have punched above our weight this year and respect to those who have run themselves into the ground.To be honest I assumed we finish around 10th/11th in August. The two teams in automatic spot will be Wolves and Fulham both with money behind them and with 6-8 players each who could be premier league regulars. Cardiff have done very well to be where they are.