Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW “ CARDIFF CITY PUNISHED LATE ON “

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
palerider wrote:I thought villa were average at best. Not convinced Paterson was fit enough to start. Hoilett needs a rest. We should be ok for a play off spot so time to rest the players on a rotation basis and prepare for the play offs. I cannot understand why gunners was in the starting 11 again. Villa no chance of top 2. Mom NML for me the only likely scorer.

Mental :lol:

Prepare for playoffs? so we can't get auto promotion ?? :banghead:

Only on paper Al. I don’t think we have it in us for top 2, run out of steam and lacking quality when it really counts. Being cheated at derby and missing penalties didn’t help either.

Nothing is going for us only need look at what happened tonight with villa defenders almost scoring! ! But think NW is stuck in some kind of time warp and doesn't know how to get out of it ffs 87+ mins for subs when we needed some fresh legs :o

He always seems to make late subs, no idea why sometimes and it’s very frustrating. Yes he’s done brilliantly for us but he’s not infallible

Re: MY VIEW “ CARDIFF CITY PUNISHED LATE ON “

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:36 pm

Family Stand Man wrote:
thomasblue wrote:Too many long balls
Zahore is massively off form
Gunnarsson has upset the midfield
Hoilett is shattered
Substitutions need to come earlier

But its still in our hands and the hard games out of the way

This.

Key players look worn out (Junior, Patterson).
Striker is off form (Zohore).
Midfield missing Ralls, Gunnerson is an absolute liability in every department. He looks lost in this team and has been a major contribution to losing the last 2 games. He cost the goal - he wasn’t marking anyone, let alone the goal scorer. Total utter liability.
Also, saw it at Wolves and tonight - our players seem to want to smile and laugh with the other team players. Too “nice”? We are now showing playoff form and I don’t see anything left in the tank. Will still be an incredible result to get to playoffs, but auto looks gone.

^This = Sloppy ball control & poor passing. You cant score goals without possession. We lacked that little bit of quality tonight, & I would start by dropping Zohore & Gunnarsson for our next match, another tough one away to Norwich.

Tonights game reminded me of our last slump over last Xmas, specially our home games. Changes will have to be made.