Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Still ours to lose

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:50 pm

Game in hand is key. We've didnt have luck on our side in the last two.
From hitting the post, great saves.

We now have 5 winnable games which we will head into them as favourites.
Where as Fulham have Brentford and Millwall to play. I believe they will drop points here.

Re: Still ours to lose

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:56 pm

make your own luck in this game.simply not good enoug i’m afraid :(

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Game in hand is key. We've didnt have luck on our side in the last two.
From hitting the post, great saves.

We now have 5 winnable games which we will head into them as favourites.
Where as Fulham have Brentford and Millwall to play. I believe they will drop points here.

Totally disagree, the way that we are playing we do not deserve to go up. The 3 last games we have only shown urgency to go forward and score when we have fallen behind. At no time have we pressed the 3 other teams and attacked like Fulham do. The reason why they have gone on such an extended run without defeats is that they want to win every game. The way we have played in the last 3 games suggests that we would have been happy with 3 draws.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:01 pm

Realistically to go up automatic we need to win our next 5 games and I certainly wouldn't bet on that

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:08 pm

Reverse fixtures:

Fulham 6 out of 12 points.

Us 11 out of 15.

WE CAN DO IT!!!!

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:22 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Reverse fixtures:

Us 11 out of 15.

WE CAN DO IT!!!!

The difference is that Fulham were out of form when they played the reverse fixtures. They haven’t lost for 20 games and are in form,

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:29 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:Reverse fixtures:

Us 11 out of 15.

WE CAN DO IT!!!!

The difference is that Fulham were out of form when they played the reverse fixtures. They haven’t lost for 20 games and are in form,

And Sunderland were woeful. But they beat them! Now they're playing better too.

Also Millwall were bang out of form. They're now in form.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:31 pm

This reverse fixture thing is utter nonsense. We’ve taken 1 from the last 9 on offer. In the reverse fixtures we took 9.
Yet suddenly it’s a promising sign? :banghead:

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:36 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:This reverse fixture thing is utter nonsense. We’ve taken 1 from the last 9 on offer. In the reverse fixtures we took 9.

Got to hold on to something!!

We could easily have won today. Didn't deserve to lose Vs Wolves and Sheffield united we were lucky.

But importantly all 3 games we've not been battered. Fine margins. Just need the tide to change.

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:39 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:This reverse fixture thing is utter nonsense. We’ve taken 1 from the last 9 on offer. In the reverse fixtures we took 9.

Got to hold on to something!!

We could easily have won today. Didn't deserve to lose Vs Wolves and Sheffield united we were lucky.

But importantly all 3 games we've not been battered. Fine margins. Just need the tide to change.

I admire your optimism :thumbup:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:26 am

Pidgeofcdf wrote:make your own luck in this game.simply not good enoug i’m afraid :(

Hit the post and cleared two off the line. We could of easy walked away with all 3.

There's still plenty to play. Fulham won't win every game.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:46 am

bluebird7291 wrote:
Pidgeofcdf wrote:make your own luck in this game.simply not good enoug i’m afraid :(

Hit the post and cleared two off the line. We could of easy walked away with all 3.

Don't forget ken's 2 misses from close in, they were lucky not to be 3 down but that's us at moment. :roll:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:36 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

Don't forget ken's 2 misses from close in, they were lucky not to be 3 down but that's us at moment. :roll:

That's my point. Its not as if we wasnt in the game. We now have games coming up with teams nothing to play for apart from derby.
Fulham still have couple of hard games. Literally two though.
We still need to just win our games for promotion, without them dropping points.
And the teams to play aren't the likes of wolves and villa quality.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:39 am

bluebird7291 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

That's my point. Its not as if we wasnt in the game. We now have games coming up with teams nothing to play for apart from derby.
Fulham still have couple of hard games. Literally two though.
We still need to just win our games for promotion, without them dropping points.
And the teams to play aren't the likes of wolves and villa quality.

So you expect Norwich to roll over after thumping Villa last week.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Worst part for me is, I don't think we will get a 100% Ralls before the season ends.

If I was Warnock I would just tell them to stick to the basics. But then again as I sat in the Ninian on Friday night around the 80 min mark I wondered to myself, "How did we get 2nd place playing this lump and chase footy?" and then my mind flashed back to the Leeds game where Zohore finished off a move that I'm used to seeing at the Camp Nou. Where/When did our style change? and why?

All we can do is sit back and watch the games play out :happy1: . All the best Warnock and the boys...