Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result of Norwich City v Cardiff City be?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Norwich City win
28%
Cardiff City win
50%
Draw
22%

Total votes : 32

MATCH THREAD: “ NORWICH CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:15 pm

NORWICH CITY v CARDIFF CITY
Saturday 14th April, 3pm
Sky Bet Championship
Carrow Road

CARDIFF FANS CAN PAY ON THE DAY :thumbright: :bluebird:

Cardiff City: Neil Etheridge, Lee Peltier, Sol Bamba, Sean Morrison,Joe Bennett,Aron Gunnarsson,Craig Bryson
Loic Damour,Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Junior Hoilett ,Gary Madine.

Subs Brian Murphy Bruno Manga Marko GrujicCallum Paterson Jamie WardAnthony Pilkington Kenneth Zohore

13/04/18

Cardiff City team have flown to Norwich

NEIL WARNOCK:

Neil Warnock delivers injury update

"There’s a couple of niggles from Tuesday but nothing untoward. Nobody missing from the squad anyway. We’ll just have to wait and see this morning as they didn’t train yesterday. I want to make sure everyone’s right before we decide on what to do."

"Joe Ralls is not quite ready, he had a little bit of a setback the week before last when I thought he’d be ready. We have to be careful with him because we don’t know how many games we’ve got left and it’s important we get him right. He’ll probably be okay for Forest but I don’t want to risk him for Norwich.”

Cardiff City can have up to 2,000 tickets :bluebird:

11/04/18

City have sold 800 tickets approx so far :bluebird:

About Norwich City

Norwich City Football Club (also known as The Canaries or City) is an English professional football club based in Norwich, Norfolk. The club currently participate in the Championship, the second tier of English football, having been relegated from the Premier League in 2016. They were first promoted to the top flight in 1972. Norwich have won the League Cup twice, in 1962 and 1985. The club has never won the top flight, but finished third in 1993.

The club was founded in 1902. Since 1935, Norwich have played their home games at Carrow Road and have a long-standing and fierce rivalry with East Anglian rivals Ipswich Town, with whom they have contested the East Anglian derby 134 times since 1902.

The fans' song "On the Ball, City" is regarded as being the oldest football song in the world which is still in use. The club participate in characteristic yellow and green kits and are nicknamed The Canaries after the history of breeding the birds in the area.

Previous Meeting

We beat Norwich 3-1 in December thanks to goals from Joe Ralls, Junior Hoilett and Omar Bogle. Marco Stiepermann has given Norwich the lead.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Norwich City: Gunn, Pinto, Zimmermann, Hanley, Husband, Reed, Vrancic, Hoolahan, Maddison, Murphy, Oliveira

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Peltier, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Gunnarsson, Grujic, Paterson, Mendez-Laing, Hoilett, Zohore

Form - Last Three Games

Sunderland 1-1 Norwich City
Norwich City 3-1 Aston Villa
Queens Park Rangers 4-1 Norwich City

Aston Villa 1-0 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 0-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Sheffield United 1-1 Cardiff City

Match Odds

Norwich City - 21/10
Cardiff City - 7/5
Draw - 21/10

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:

Re: LATEST NEWS “ NORWICH CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:10 pm

City to win 1-3 :bluebird:

Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:11 pm

1-1 can’t see us winning , no more just pressing city win we need to think reality gunnarsson has ruined it , ralls is apparently fit to play , even if he has an injury risk it for everything 5 games left a 5 games season

Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:06 am

2-0 Bluebirds and Fulham draw v Brentford,then it's all smiles again.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:09 am

We’ll win to kick start us 2-1

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:47 am

Well I thought we’d draw at Villa and lose here but hopefully we can at least pick up a point also can’t see Fulham beating Brentford and still maintain 3 wins from the last 5 and we will most likely finish second.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:49 am

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:1-1 can’t see us winning , no more just pressing city win we need to think reality gunnarsson has ruined it , ralls is apparently fit to play , even if he has an injury risk it for everything 5 games left a 5 games season

Risky, it may not end up a 5 game season, only play him when he is fit enough, but I agree we have lost our balance with Gunner in the team, and have looked worse since he has been back. We have been extremely unlucky in the last two games, surely we are due some good luck !!!

We have to win this one, and I think we will. 1-0

Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:40 pm

how many we have sold last heard was 600 odd

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:12 am

How much were the tickets for this?
I'm going but someone else has picked them up for me :thumbright:

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:14 am

Anyone know if this is pay on the day? I've got a mate with a couple of kids from Norwich who will be meeting up with me there

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:18 am

Ref is that guy who cocked up at QPR for Hoilett's 'goal' but did our home wins v Villa & Bolton.

Unless our midfield is more offensive and plays up the pitch then cannot see us getting more than a point.

Team selection will be interesting. Warnock is not shy of making off the wall selections. Jamie ward or Pilkington may start?
Damour/Bryson/Ralls for Gunnarsson?

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:30 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

Neil Warnock delivers injury update

"There’s a couple of niggles from Tuesday but nothing untoward. Nobody missing from the squad anyway. We’ll just have to wait and see this morning as they didn’t train yesterday. I want to make sure everyone’s right before we decide on what to do."

"Joe Ralls is not quite ready, he had a little bit of a setback the week before last when I thought he’d be ready. We have to be careful with him because we don’t know how many games we’ve got left and it’s important we get him right. He’ll probably be okay for Forest but I don’t want to risk him for Norwich.”

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:38 am

Neil Warnock on Norwich City, and Delia Smith...

NEIL WARNOCK:

" I watched them destroy Villa. Going there is always great. I get on well with Delia (Smith). I’m sure we’ll have a chat on Saturday. She’s a lovely lady.
But they’ve been where we want to go. We’ve got to go there and give it our best shot.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: TEAM NEWS “ NORWICH CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:28 am

Lose it and we will end up in 4th place imo. Not that 3rd or 4th matter too much

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:How much were the tickets for this?
I'm going but someone else has picked them up for me :thumbright:

30 pound

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:42 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:Anyone know if this is pay on the day? I've got a mate with a couple of kids from Norwich who will be meeting up with me there

Spoke to ticket office. Yes it is pay on the day.

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:25 pm

Cardiff City team have flown to Norwich

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Lose it and we will end up in 4th place imo. Not that 3rd or 4th matter too much

3rd plays the in form team breaking into the play offs at 6th

Let's not think of it though :roll:

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:21 pm

Daniel Farke: We will have to be calm

Norwich City FC

Friday 13th April 2018

Daniel Farke is expecting promotion-chasing Cardiff City to provide a stern test for his side at Carrow Road on Saturday.

The Bluebirds were recently nudged down to third in the Sky Bet Championship table but remain only a point behind second-placed Fulham with a game in hand.

“Fulham are on fire at the moment so there is pressure on Cardiff if they want to achieve automatic promotion,” Farke told the press on Friday lunchtime. “They will be desperate for three points, and like against Villa and Fulham they are chasing for promotion and have a strong side.

“We have lots of respect for them, and they are especially good at defending, so it might be tricky to create as many chances as we have done recently so we’ll have to be clinical.”

Farke highlighted the need to be aggressive defensively but also to retain possession to keep the Cardiff attack at bay.

“They are the best side in the division at set-pieces, but if you’re greedy and aggressive you’ll be able to defend them so we know what we need to do.

“We also know that when we have the possession we have to control the match and stop them getting into good areas and gaining those free-kicks and corners. We have to be calm and use the ball well.”

Farke also said he was a big admirer of Cardiff manager Neil Warnock.

“I’m full of respect for him. He’s so experienced and has so many promotions – he knows how to win games. His work this season has been brilliant as well.

“He’s full of passion and still motivated after so many years in the game.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:10 am

All the team news and match facts as Cardiff City look for swift response against Norwich City at Carrow Road
By Joshua Slack

Saturday 14th April

Venue: Carrow Road

Referee: Tim Robinson

Cardiff City will be hoping to respond after falling out of the automatic promotion places after suffering a narrow loss to Aston Villa when making the long trip to face Norwich City on Saturday afternoon.

The Bluebirds will be looking to make a statement after losing two games on the spin against Wolverhampton Wanderers and Aston Villa, respectively.

The performances haven’t been bad from Warnock’s men, but they now need to show more grit and desire than ever if they’re to book their place in the Premier League to avoid the Championship play-offs.

They will be hoping to start that off with a win over Norwich City, who showed they’re more than capable of pulling off a big coup after defeating Aston Villa 3-1 at home last weekend.

Neil Warnock knows the task which lies ahead, but this is a game ideally they need to win if they’re to finish in the automatic promotion places come the end of the season.

If Cardiff win on Saturday, they could momentarily move back above Fulham into second-place before the Cottagers host Brentford in a London Derby, which will be broadcast on Sky Sports at 17:30 on Saturday evening.

The Canaries have had mix form of late, and over the past six games, they sit 14th in the form table overall. They’re unbeaten in their last two games, having beaten Aston Villa and drawn with Sunderland over their last two games.

Norwich against Cardiff recent form heading into Saturday’s crucial clash at Carrow Road. (Source: kick-off.co.uk)
Cardiff need to make a statement to the rest of the league on Saturday, mainly to show they still mean business in the promotion race and a win over Daniel Farke’s side could help spark life back into their season after falling to two straight defeats.

However, their record against Norwich in recent years hasn’t been great. Apart from their win over the Canaries earlier on in the season, the Bluebirds had lost four straight games against Norwich prior to that.

Farke’s troops have a very exciting prospect in James Maddison, too. The attacking midfielder has been in superb form for the East Anglian outfit this season having bagged 14 goals, and chipping in with eight assists in the 40 appearances he has made.

He is an extraordinary and will surely be subject to offers from Premier League clubs this summer, and the 21 year-old will be hoping to add to his case as being one of the best playmakers in the league when going up against the Championship’s best defence on Saturday afternoon.

The referee who will take charge of proceedings comes in the form of Tim Robinson. The experienced official has handed out a staggering 139 yellow cards, as well as 11 red cards in just 43 games this season.

Robinson has also overseen three Cardiff games this season, including the wins over Bolton Wanderers and Aston Villa in South Wales.

Cardiff are a brilliant outfit, make no mistake about it. They deserve to be where they’re, make no mistake about it. But it is these games that count the most, and a win on Saturday would hand the Bluebirds an absolutely massive boost as the Championship season closes in on its finale.

Team News

The Canaries have a huge list of long-term injury problems. Marco Stiepermann, scorer of the goal when Norwich City lost 3-1 in the Welsh Capital, is expected to miss the game with a groin problem.

The Bluebirds may hand Junior Hoilett a rest, and replace him with Jamie Ward, who has recently returned from injury. Kenneth Zohore could lead the line once more for the Bluebirds, despite having a lack of service in the Bluebirds last encounter against Aston Villa.

Re: MATCH THREAD: “ NORWICH CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THRE

Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:47 pm

Cardiff City: Neil Etheridge, Lee Peltier, Sol Bamba, Sean Morrison,Joe Bennett,Aron Gunnarsson,Craig Bryson
Loic Damour,Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Junior Hoilett ,Gary Madine.

Subs Brian Murphy Bruno Manga Marko GrujicCallum Paterson Jamie WardAnthony Pilkington Kenneth Zohore

Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:54 pm

Can’t see past a Norwich win today, still don’t rate the team..

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Zohore, Paterson and Grujic left out

Three changes for Cardiff then and there will surely be plenty of eyebrows raised.

Loic Damour, Gary Madine and Craig Bryson have been given the nod, with Paterson, Grujic and Zohore dropping to the bench.

Meanwhile, Norwich have made FIVE changes from the 1-1 draw with Sunderland. Christoph Zimmermann, Ivo Pinto, James Husband, Wes Hoolahan and Nelson Oliveira move to the bench, with Timm Klose, Jamal Lewis, Alex Tettey, Moritz Leitner, and Dennis Srbeny returning to the starting line-up.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:05 pm

Superb from @joshmurphy65! He turns Morrison inside-out but Bamba dives in and blocks his strike! #ncfc

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:11 pm

Neil38Etheridge saves well from Srbeny. (0-0)

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Norwich City are on top in these early stages. Srbeny turns in the area and gets his shot away but Etheridge is equal to his low effort.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Anyone got a stream for this?

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:17 pm

505 wrote:Anyone got a stream for this?

Watching on iFollow but not aware of any streams beyond that :thumbright:

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:18 pm

Cardiff have had Norwich City penned in for the last five minutes the Canaries have stood firm.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:19 pm

We are lacking composure in final 3rd very frustrating :roll: