Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Players are bottling it

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:34 pm

Same thing all the time as soon as we get close the bottle goes.

Will never life it down with my Fulham work mates if we bottle it again.

The missed penalties were a dagger in the heart.

Re: Players are bottling it

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:39 pm

Hoilett has been terrible delivering crosses ...not been at the party last 3 games...only one to improve 2nite was mendez Laing
Gunnnarrson too slow couldnt keep up with Grealish...where s Darmour excellent against Brentford but hasn t featured since?

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:40 pm

Nothing to do with bottle, we just ain’t good enough.

No they are not.. a couple need a rest, gunners needs to be benched.. but they not bottling it..
A lot of football stillcto be played.. let's just see how the happy clapoy Fulham fans and their team withstand the pressure of having to win last 4 games..

londonexile wrote:Same thing all the time as soon as we get close the bottle goes. .....

A bit like our fans.

No they are not.. a couple need a rest, gunners needs to be benched.. but they not bottling it..
A lot of football stillcto be played.. let's just see how the happy clapoy Fulham fans and their team withstand the pressure of having to win last 4 games..

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:18 am

Warnock needs to get back concentrating on our players rather than the other promotion candidates..
He is getting very wound up when things do not go 100% our way and he has form for this.
I can see why he wanted to divert attention from the 2 penalty feck ups but last night he got it soooo wrong.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:55 am

I didn't see the players 'bottle' anything; they were just tired late on from running their backsides off! ;)

Reading this Forum in the last 12 hours or so, I reckon it's some of the fans that can't handle the pressure! :oops:

This is still a great season that has already exceeded many supporters expectations but you'd think we were fighting relegation the way some are in melt down. Just enjoy the ride and get behind the team for the remaining fixtures!

As difficult as it appears, as things stand it's still in OUR hands! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:07 am

Sven wrote:I didn't see the players 'bottle' anything; they were just tired late on from running their backsides off! ;)

Reading this Forum in the last 12 hours or so, I reckon it's some of the fans that can't handle the pressure! :oops:

This is still a great season that has already exceeded many supporters expectations but you'd think we were fighting relegation the way some are in melt down. Just enjoy the ride and get behind the team for the remaining fixtures!

As difficult as it appears, as things stand it's still in OUR hands! :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Couldnt agree more. Their keeper pulled off couple great saves, cleared off the line and hit the post.

Yet we are bottling it

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:20 am

Don't think we bottled it we just lost against two good teams who have spent a lot more money than us and have better players than us. The frustration is that we probably should have got something for both games and would have deserved it.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:47 am

look I don't think we've bottled anything, we've punched well above our weight all season, and now we're being found out, if we reach the play offs its still an achievement. we wont go up via play-offs, Its not me being negative, it's just I think our main 11, have played so much football this season, we wont have the sharpness, where as other teams will have momentum

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:48 am

On a side note, I'd like us to put in a bid for Glenn Whelan in the summer.

That boy can hit the target.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 pm

londonexile wrote:Same thing all the time as soon as we get close the bottle goes.

Will never life it down with my Fulham work mates if we bottle it again.

The missed penalties were a dagger in the heart.

Well some of our supporters obviously are.

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:34 pm

Perfect answer today to those who said the team were bottling it. Now really is the time for fans to get behind the team and show similar bottle. Come on City.