Zohore

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Zohore

Postby footiexmadx » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Any bids around £15m in summer snap it up awful if we had a good striker this year would be finish in automatics easily not good enough I'm sorry
footiexmadx

Zohore

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Zohore

Postby kimble » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:40 pm

agree not been up to it
kimble

Postby salopiancity » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:51 pm

Lightweight. Doesn’t put himself about. Didn’t see him hold up one ball tonight.
salopiancity

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:00 am

Disagree a bit, you could stick Sergio Aguero up front for us and he would struggle with the hoof balls, channel kicking, and isolation that our team provides for our striker. The job he has to do is thankless and he's constantly isolated by wingers and midfield and gets no service from the center of midfield.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby sootyr2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:53 am

Zohore what is he about don’t run channels missing the ball when trying to shoot no reading of game and not out muscled just not good enough missed Danny ward over the season :old: :ayatollah:
sootyr2

Postby bluebird7291 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:38 am

Play him off Madine is the only option. Madine wins 90% of headers. Zohore could benefit from him
bluebird7291

Postby theclaw » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:49 am

Something needs changing that’s a fact,whether that’s him and and Madine together or Madine on his own.I like to see Pilks given more game time.
theclaw

Postby buckleys brewery » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:00 am

footiexmadx wrote:Any bids around £15m in summer snap it up awful if we had a good striker this year would be finish in automatics easily not good enough I'm sorry

We signed Gary Madine “the goal machine”. LOL
buckleys brewery

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:50 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Disagree a bit, you could stick Sergio Aguero up front for us and he would struggle with the hoof balls, channel kicking, and isolation that our team provides for our striker. The job he has to do is thankless and he's constantly isolated by wingers and midfield and gets no service from the center of midfield.

You're spot on. he needs the balls playing to his feet with someone coming off him.
I'd consider pulling Hoilett through the middle on satuday and having NML with Traore out wide.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby clemoza » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:41 am

As of late Zohore has seemed really lethargic and looking like he can't be bothered. I don't know whether that is a by-product of Warnock getting him to 'chase down' the defenders so when he does get the ball he is cream crackered.

As bad as it is to say this but we are too far into the season to start chopping a changing and risk losing the chemistry that had got us here. Maybe Pilks/Ward playing off Zohore? Only one man can decide... :old:
clemoza

Postby Stringfellow » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:03 pm

Have been critical in the past, he’s been better of late and was mom against Burton but when he needs to step up to it he fails miserably. Forget the argument about being lumped to him etc, when he does have the chance he doesn’t back himself he lacks that edge that bite that nastiness if you like that is required to be a top Championship striker. Looks for a pass rather than back himself, needs to take a chance. I don’t have the answer for zohore he’s as frustrating as you can get. He should have scored last night. I would drop him or play him with Gary because he can’t head the ball for love nor money.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby actionman » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:12 pm

I’d like ask NW why ken won’t head the ball he just backs into the defenders and when he’s fouled he doesn’t get the foul because he’s not giving enough effort to get the ball alla pilks when he was our upfront striker.That said he could do with playing off somebody Ken’s forte is running at defenders.The important game is Derby I think we need to rest players I wouldn’t start gunnerson for the rest of the season I’d rest hoilett,Patterson bring them back for Derby. My team for Saturday. Etheridge peitier Morrison manga Bennett. Bryson grujic nml bamba Zohore madine. 4 1 3 1 1
actionman

Postby llan bluebird » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:52 pm

Play him in the paterson role.
llan bluebird

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:09 pm

sootyr2 wrote:Zohore what is he about don’t run channels missing the ball when trying to shoot no reading of game and not out muscled just not good enough missed Danny ward over the season :old: :ayatollah:

We have been weak up front most of the season. The only time we have look real consistent is when Danny Ward was starting to bang them in. After his injury we have been below par up front and unfortunately we have not found the answer in Madine.

I thought Zohore would kick on from when he had that good spell last season. Well he hasn't and it is sad because our lack of strength up front I fear will cost us.
Bakedalasker

Postby llan bluebird » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:28 pm

He wants it in the inside forward channel but our midfield can't pass water. Not an excuse but i guess the reason we bought Madine was Warnock knew thumping it down the middle wasn't going to pay much dividends. Its the reason we are playing Paterson in the second striker role.
llan bluebird

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:22 pm

The thing is that people need to remember is we know Zohore isn't a striker that will have a fight and bully defenders in the air and is quality is in his feet, he is a very good player technically for his height and he is a powerful runner and playing the style did last night just doesn't really help him, strikers need service and he didn't get last night, he did try his best last night and when he did have the ball he made the right decisions and I can't really ask more of him.

He hasn't lived up to what I thought he would have this season and there has been games where he has under performed and should done better but I think the games he has been criticised in has been quite unfair and I do think some fans need to take a step back and watch the game properly and acknowledge the way we play some games and what his strong attributes are and make a better judgement on if we played to his way and if he could have done better if we did give him the service.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby nubbsy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:23 am

Zohore is a footballer, we play hoofball.

You could take alot of quality Premier league strikers and hoof it at them all day long and get the same results.
nubbsy

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:30 am

nubbsy wrote:Zohore is a footballer, we play hoofball.

You could take alot of quality Premier league strikers and hoof it at them all day long and get the same results.

Agreed. But Madine is the better option as a target man. Just play zohore off him. That is the best way to get the best out of both.
bluebird7291

Postby nubbsy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:17 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:

Agreed. But Madine is the better option as a target man. Just play zohore off him. That is the best way to get the best out of both.

Agreed but, we haven't got the midfielders to play 442. Stick to 451 I say and keep the ball on the bloody floor like earlier in the season! That's when we start to see Hoilet, Zohore and mendez running riot.
nubbsy

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:24 pm

nubbsy wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

Agreed but, we haven't got the midfielders to play 442. Stick to 451 I say and keep the ball on the bloody floor like earlier in the season! That's when we start to see Hoilet, Zohore and mendez running riot.

I agree. But Zohore as a CAM wouldnt be a bad bet. One of the three in the middle need to drop. Likely Gunnarsson.
bluebird7291

Postby boyo1927 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:22 pm

nubbsy wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

I disagree we have the players for 442. Madine and Zahore up front and 442 should be tried. Formation not worked as effective as it was
boyo1927

Postby nubbsy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:18 pm

boyo1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

I disagree we have the players for 442. Madine and Zahore up front and 442 should be tried. Formation not worked as effective as it was

Go on who's the two center midfielders then that won't get over run?
nubbsy

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:46 am

nubbsy wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

Go on who's the two center midfielders then that won't get over run?

I'm with Nubbsy - We don't have two central midfielder who could play in a 442.
Perhaps Grujic could do a job but apart from that...
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Return to General Chat