Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Neil Warnock has a cheeky dig at Villa/Fulham/Wolves “

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:45 pm

Neil Warnock has a cheeky dig at Aston Villa, Wolves and Fulham after Cardiff City become 'hunter' rather than 'hunted'

Wednesday 11th April 2018

'You would have thought they'd won the World Cup celebrating like that'

Neil Warnock has piled all the pressure on Cardiff City's promotion rivals Fulham after watching his side succumb to a second 1-0 defeat.

Jack Grealish's stunning volley secured victory for Aston Villa over the Bluebirds, the second time in four days Cardiff had lost courtesy of a long range strike, demoting them to third place in the Championship.

And while Warnock is not downhearted about the Bluebirds' promotion chances, he admitted it was nice to now be the 'hunter' rather than the 'hunted' as Fulham beat Reading to jump into second place.

He also took a cheeky dig at Aston Villa - and Wolves - and the way they celebrated a narrow win over Cardiff.

"You could see what it meant to Villa at the end, you would have thought they'd won the World Cup!" laughed Warnock.

"So we've come a long way when teams like Villa and Wolves celebrate like that against us, having been second bottom when I turned up.

"They were a credit to me tonight, the lads."

With the race for second place now anybody's game - Cardiff trailing Fulham by a single point with a game in hand - Warnock ensured Slaviska Jokanovic's side know they're in for a scrap.

He again cast his troops as the underdogs against the Cottagers, unbeaten in 20 games after their latest victory.

"I think it's nice to be the hunter rather than the hunted," added the veteran boss. "I thought they might have scored more than one goal tonight, Fulham, so it just shows you.

"Things are going to happen between now and the end of the season. (Fulham) are a very good team, they talk a good game as well. So we've just got to concentrate on ourselves and it's different when you're out front.

"But the striker they got on loan has been the best signing in the whole league. That's what they've been missing for the past few years and all credit to them."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Neil Warnock has a cheeky dig at Villa/Fulham/Wolves “

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:Neil Warnock has a cheeky dig at Aston Villa, Wolves and Fulham after Cardiff City become 'hunter' rather than 'hunted'

Neil Warnock has piled all the pressure on Cardiff City's promotion rivals Fulham after watching his side succumb to a second 1-0 defeat.

Jack Grealish's stunning volley secured victory for Aston Villa over the Bluebirds, the second time in four days Cardiff had lost courtesy of a long range strike, demoting them to third place in the Championship.

And while Warnock is not downhearted about the Bluebirds' promotion chances, he admitted it was nice to now be the 'hunter' rather than the 'hunted' as Fulham beat Reading to jump into second place.

He also took a cheeky dig at Aston Villa - and Wolves - and the way they celebrated a narrow win over Cardiff.

"You could see what it meant to Villa at the end, you would have thought they'd won the World Cup!" laughed Warnock.

"So we've come a long way when teams like Villa and Wolves celebrate like that against us, having been second bottom when I turned up.

With the race for second place now anybody's game - Cardiff trailing Fulham by a single point with a game in hand - Warnock ensured Slaviska Jokanovic's side know they're in for a scrap.

He again cast his troops as the underdogs against the Cottagers, unbeaten in 20 games after their latest victory.

"I think it's nice to be the hunter rather than the hunted," added the veteran boss. "I thought they might have scored more than one goal tonight, Fulham, so it just shows you.

"Things are going to happen between now and the end of the season. (Fulham) are a very good team, they talk a good game as well. So we've just got to concentrate on ourselves and it's different when you're out front.

"But the striker they got on loan has been the best signing in the whole league. That's what they've been missing for the past few years and all credit to them."

Sounds like NW has been talking to DJ because most of that looks like it comes directly from the DJ book of excuses.

Despite losing last night we have confirmed our place in the playoffs and let's face it that was our target so lets concentrate on that, "The Positive".

We are now in a "Nothing to Lose" situation and if we win our last 5 games, and we ALL know we are good enough to do that, there is nothing Villa or Fulham can do about it.

Time to remember how we have got to the position we are after 41 games and take ALL the positives into the last 5 games. The playoff target has been achieved the dream of automatic is STILL in our hands lets hope we have a REAL go at the big prize.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:46 am

We need to concentrate on our own game and forget the mind games now. We end up where we end up. I have every faith that whatever follows we'll give it our best shot. Whatever happens its been one the best season's I've had in the 45 + years I've been going.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:55 am

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Neil Warnock has a cheeky dig at Aston Villa, Wolves and Fulham after Cardiff City become 'hunter' rather than 'hunted'

Sounds like NW has been talking to DJ because most of that looks like it comes directly from the DJ book of excuses.

Despite losing last night we have confirmed our place in the playoffs and let's face it that was our target so lets concentrate on that, "The Positive".

We are now in a "Nothing to Lose" situation and if we win our last 5 games, and we ALL know we are good enough to do that, there is nothing Villa or Fulham can do about it.

Time to remember how we have got to the position we are after 41 games and take ALL the positives into the last 5 games. The playoff target has been achieved the dream of automatic is STILL in our hands lets hope we have a REAL go at the big prize.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

If we perform anything like we did in the first five games and we are up, fingers crossed we can :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 am

A cheeky dig is better than admitting these three teams played better football and deserved to win.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:48 am

Felixstowe_jack wrote:A cheeky dig is better than admitting these three teams played better football and deserved to win.

I think we should've lost against Sheff Utd but drew against Villa and Wolves.