Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

For those saying we are bottlers

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:14 am

Personally I can see why people are calling us bottle jobs etc but if you look at the facts I don’t think it’s true. Bottlers don’t win 8 on the bounce. Bottlers don’t battle for the entire 90 minutes. Look st sheff Utd away. We were poor for91 minutes but kept going and got an undeserved equaliser. Against wolves I believe we showed them too much respect but despite going a goal down we kept going and had it not been for 2 penalty misses we would have got a deserved point. Last night I thought we were marginally better than villa and certainly didn’t deserve to lose. Their keeper was man of the match and we lost to a great goal.

We have 5 games to go and whilst I don’t think we’ll get anything at Norwich we can win our last 4. Fulham will not win all 4. Believe and the dream is still on. If we don’t go up it’s not the end of the world. I’ll be there no matter what league we are in.

Re: For those saying we are bottlers

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:39 am

I agree with you there and I think we need to freshen the team up a bit for different reasons.Hoilett needs a rest because he’s just knackered,Zohore maybe needs a kick up the arse like when we signed Madine it seemed to make him play for his place.
I don’t know where Ralls is with his injury at the moment but we badly need him.
The Manga out and Gunner in team selection hasn’t really worked with our results too.

I still believe tho.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Bottle jobs don't perform when the heat is on.

The next 5 games shall see if City fall into this category

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:19 pm

We just lack that bit of class and an individual who can change games. I wouldn't say we are bottlers,far from it, you can see the players and Warnock are doing their best.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:21 pm

Plus got to be honest, I love the championship, what an entertaining, exciting season weve had with plenty more twists and turns to come :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:38 pm

If our own fans are saying we ar bottlers well they are a disgrace to our team we had all thatbshite when the jacks were saying it about us our team and neil warnock have done us proud this season

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Probably plastics

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:14 pm

I would like to see us get promoted just for the money ... if we go back down with all those parachute payments i dont mind. Life in the championship is great as long as we are competing. Watching us selling our best players and playing crap football with no atmosphere is not what i call an entertaining day out. So to me promotion is vital to us this season.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Not bottlers at all. Team has been brilliant all season and punching well above our weight.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:44 pm

clemoza wrote:Bottle jobs don't perform when the heat is on.

Bollocks ! You think we are not preforming? Everyone realistically knew we were in danger of picking up few points from last 3 games wasn't exactly bottom of league sides were they? To lose a game doesn't mean they've bottled it except for you of course. :roll:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:54 pm

We are not Bottlers, we have done well to get where we are now, we have had both good and bad luck over the last 10 games or so but overall just making the Play Offs is an achievement.
You could argue our strikers are not good enough or maybe its the service they are not receiving ?

We won our first 5 games maybe just maybe we can win our last 5 games ? :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:14 pm

This bottling it business is utter tripe, rolled out by some plastics. Utter nonsense. I’m a proud ST holder. This is my club and It’s about the team. Too much scapegoating. Were where we when Warnock took over? Get behind the lads. We’ve already exceeded every expectation, whatever happens now, I’m proud of what NWs done for us. He’s brought the pride and love back, so it’s all good. We’re 3rd and punched above our weight all season playing a functional but effective brand of football with a good team spirit, rather than having a few individuals who think they are premier league players. I think we can get promotion, but if it doesn’t happen let’s put it all into perspective. We’re doing really well.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:20 pm

Bottlers are the likes of Villa and Derby who spend big and can't make the top 2.

We have been on a good run and struggles in a couple of tough games but still could have got points.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:30 pm

cwmbachbluebird wrote:Not bottlers at all. Team has been brilliant all season and punching well above our weight.

This is how I see it.

Once the disappointment of a defeat disappears then reality comes back. We are punching above our weight. Compare our players to the likes of Wolves, Fulham and Villa. Compare what we have spent to them. Accusing us of bottling is unfair.

Would love to see us and Millwall go up.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
cwmbachbluebird wrote:Not bottlers at all. Team has been brilliant all season and punching well above our weight.

This is how I see it.

Once the disappointment of a defeat disappears then reality comes back. We are punching above our weight. Compare our players to the likes of Wolves, Fulham and Villa. Compare what we have spent to them. Accusing us of bottling is unfair.

I agree

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:03 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

This is how I see it.

I agree

Me too. Spot on. Yes us and Millwall, lovely. Old school. Love to see the likes of softy Arsenal coming to us and the Den, put it right up em.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:06 pm

How the f..k are we bottlers ? Possibly against Sheffield Utd we were lucky to get a point in the end but against Wolves we should have at least got a point and against Villa a draw would have been a fair result apart from the brilliant finish by Grealish. Teams that bottle it, give up, which is one thing this team doesn’t do. Sometimes we lack a bit of creative quality and probably, we don’t change tactics quickly enough during the game. I accept a lot of this is down to the manager but I think some if the senior players need to make decisions during the game as well, to alter the way we play. One if the things I don’t get, is why do we continue to knock the ball in the air up to KZ, when he’s much better with the ball to feet and he’s not that successful in winning the all in the air anyway. I feel for Pilks, who hasn’t really had a chance when only JH,has been playing that well to justify his place while the other wide players, have all blown hot and cold.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:30 pm

Personally I think that the squad is made up of more players with bottle considering some of the performances we've witnessed this season, I'd say we are going get going after a few bad results. Five and eight winning runs are not results of a team bottlers Imo, it's been a great season so far and the big spenders have booked a place in the prem and Cardiff fans have to applaud Warnock and the boys till the last whistle for their achievements so far and focus on what we want to happen rather than what we don't, What a memorable season so far for CCFC!!!

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:33 am

We are definitely not bottlers, we fight to the end, we have just had a bit of bad luck and the midfield is not working, we also have a few top performers, just off the pace for the last few games !!!

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:23 am

pembroke allan wrote:
clemoza wrote:Bottle jobs don't perform when the heat is on.

Bollocks ! You think we are not preforming? Everyone realistically knew we were in danger of picking up few points from last 3 games wasn't exactly bottom of league sides were they? To lose a game doesn't mean they've bottled it except for you of course. :roll:

Don't think he's calling us bottle jobs mate.
Maybe I've read it wrong though :laughing6: