Grealish goal

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Grealish goal

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:32 am

Unbelievable strike and technique but so many times this season I’ve seen our players shit out of blockings from outside the box, there always seems to be no urgency to try and close down long range shots, the goal could have been avoided imo if I think Gunnar had put his body on the line.
Wolfpac

Grealish goal

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Grealish goal

Postby Bluebina » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:30 am

Wolfpac wrote:Unbelievable strike and technique but so many times this season I’ve seen our players shit out of blockings from outside the box, there always seems to be no urgency to try and close down long range shots, the goal could have been avoided imo if I think Gunnar had put his body on the line.

There was an element of luck in the goal, yes he caught it well and they look good when they go in, but he hit the inside of the post, and it could have gone anywhere !!!
Bluebina

Postby buckleys brewery » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 am

Wolfpac wrote:Unbelievable strike and technique but so many times this season I’ve seen our players shit out of blockings from outside the box, there always seems to be no urgency to try and close down long range shots, the goal could have been avoided imo if I think Gunnar had put his body on the line.

Or if Morrison had wellied it down field.
buckleys brewery

Postby JJ1927 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:30 pm

It wasn't a question of putting bodies on the line as there was no one within 15 yards of him which is absolutely scandalous. Why oh why didn't we have some one sitting on the edge of the D when the original cross came in to pick up the loose ball? Should imagine Warnock wasnt happy.
JJ1927

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:52 pm

Brilliant goal.

But nobody closed him down, when we know he’s capable of that.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Bluebina wrote:

There was an element of luck in the goal, yes he caught it well and they look good when they go in, but he hit the inside of the post, and it could have gone anywhere !!!

Such a cliche thing in football and never once understood it.. same as when someone hits the post and they say 'How unlucky' is it really unlucky hitting something that you have sort of aimed for?
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Bluebina » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:28 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Such a cliche thing in football and never once understood it.. same as when someone hits the post and they say 'How unlucky' is it really unlucky hitting something that you have sort of aimed for?

Exactly Hoilett was unlucky with his penalty, he aimed a few inches lower, but it hit the bar and came out, Grealish aimed for the goal from distance with the ball dropping out of the sky, and luckily he caught it right and it hit the inside of the post and went in !!!
Bluebina

Postby epping blue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:43 am

Bluebina wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Exactly Hoilett was unlucky with his penalty, he aimed a few inches lower, but it hit the bar and came out, Grealish aimed for the goal from distance with the ball dropping out of the sky, and luckily he caught it right and it hit the inside of the post and went in !!!

In my opinion Grealish was lucky it hit the post and went in. Mendez Lang hit the post and it stayed out. That's not taking anything away from Grealish's fantastic strike, its just life when fine margins matter. Hoilett on the other hand shouldn't have hit the bar, by the time he struck the ball Ruddy was well and truly diving in the opposite direction. He lacked composure at that critical moment.
epping blue

Postby AV3 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:59 am

JJ1927 wrote:

It wasn't a question of putting bodies on the line as there was no one within 15 yards of him which is absolutely scandalous. Why oh why didn't we have some one sitting on the edge of the D when the original cross came in to pick up the loose ball? Should imagine Warnock wasnt happy.

I've seen footage taken from behind the goal.

You left 2 players up which must have been intentional. Warnock and the defenders must have known the otherwise they would have called 1, if not both back.

Very brave or possibly stupid for an away side defending a dangerous set piece with 4 minutes left.
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby nubbsy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:07 am

Bluebina wrote:

Luck!? Mate he took the volley on, aimed at goals and scored. No luck about it.
nubbsy

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:24 am

nubbsy wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Luck!? Mate he took the volley on, aimed at goals and scored. No luck about it.

I agree! Grealish is one of my all time top hated players but theres no denying the intention of the strike.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby noisycat » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:28 am

He acts like a petulant child, putting his arms up in the air and asking for people to be booked. As a footballer though, I think he’s a real talent and he gives Villa that extra quality. There was an element of luck to his goal, due to the fact that it hit the post and went in but he was one of the few players,who could have it it that well, without it ending in row Z.
noisycat

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:30 am

noisycat wrote:He acts like a petulant child, putting his arms up in the air and asking for people to be booked. As a footballer though, I think he’s a real talent and he gives Villa that extra quality. There was an element of luck to his goal, due to the fact that it hit the post and went in but he was one of the few players,who could have it it that well, without it ending in row Z.

He's not quite as good as Neves :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:14 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
noisycat wrote:He acts like a petulant child, putting his arms up in the air and asking for people to be booked. As a footballer though, I think he’s a real talent and he gives Villa that extra quality. There was an element of luck to his goal, due to the fact that it hit the post and went in but he was one of the few players,who could have it it that well, without it ending in row Z.

He's not quite as good as Neves :thumbright:

Depends if we are judging on football or falling over skills!! ;-)
welshrarebit

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:29 pm

AV3 wrote:
JJ1927 wrote:

I've seen footage taken from behind the goal.

You left 2 players up which must have been intentional. Warnock and the defenders must have known the otherwise they would have called 1, if not both back.

Very brave or possibly stupid for an away side defending a dangerous set piece with 4 minutes left.

Yeah I noticed that during the set piece because Madine I think was heading towards the box and someone must have told him differently and go to the half way, which I was more worried because out of all the players outside of the defence you'd want Madine back in the box or somewhere defending.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby stephendavid » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Great goal but 'hes just a poor ruben neves poor ruben neves'
stephendavid

Postby nubbsy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:07 pm

Bluebina wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Would you say a boxer was lucky that he threw a punch and it connected? Your talking shit mate, these guys put the years in perfecting their talents to score goals like this
nubbsy

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:13 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

Would you say a boxer was lucky that he threw a punch and it connected? Your talking shit mate, these guys put the years in perfecting their talents to score goals like this

Yeah lucky goal!
:lol:

As the famous Gary Player (the golfer) said: The more I practice, the luckier I get.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat