Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is Warnock good with money?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:35 am

More specifically in the transfer market? We’ve spent decent amounts on Bogle, Tomlin and Madine but for little return and two of them even loaned out. We are crying out for a creative midfielder yet Tomlin barely featured and didn’t look fit.

A team that gets promotion often strengthens in January and it kicks them on. Our best 11 now is pretty much what it was in August, Paterson and Grujic aside.

Have we wasted what money we have spent?

Re: Is Warnock good with money?

Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:42 am

Carpe Diem wrote:More specifically in the transfer market? We’ve spent decent amounts on Bogle, Tomlin and Madine but for little return and two of them even loaned out. We are crying out for a creative midfielder yet Tomlin barely featured and didn’t look fit.

A team that gets promotion often strengthens in January and it kicks them on. Our best 11 now is pretty much what it was in August, Paterson and Grujic aside.

Have we wasted what money we have spent?

Without the Madine signing Zohore would still be sat on his arse.
Bogle was a strange one as I thought he looked sharp but Warnock clearly doesn't fancy him.
Jamie Ward was a squad signing as was Traore ( both decent players )
He added to the squad rather than starters. If the Madine figure of 6m is accurate ( I don't think it is ) then it isn't really that much money for a championship striker.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:19 am

The point is despite spending millions (I think Madine was £2m, the rest conditional) none of the signings are in the team. And Zohore hasn’t exactly been banging them in.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:28 am

Carpe Diem wrote:The point is despite spending millions (I think Madine was £2m, the rest conditional) none of the signings are in the team. And Zohore hasn’t exactly been banging them in.

I know what the point - I'm trying to say that 6m isn't enough for a good player these days.
If it was, Warnock would've got them.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:46 am

Carpe Diem wrote:The point is despite spending millions (I think Madine was £2m, the rest conditional) none of the signings are in the team. And Zohore hasn’t exactly been banging them in.

Hope it was conditional. Bolton should be paying us. LOL

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:22 am

Tomlin seems a bad signing as he wouldn't play him and not sure what happened to Bogle.

To early to decide of Medine, he hasn't been great but you can see he does certain things well but is in need of a goal. 2m doesn't get you a lot in this day and age for a striker especially in January.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:55 am

I've heard that he's not very good at all with money and that his wife has to give him an allowance for sweets, pop and a comic.

If he swears on telly though his allowance gets withdrawn so he's down a few bob after the Wolves game last week.

:thumbup: