Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who has previously driven to Norwich

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:46 am

Going sat, have not yet planned route, can anyone who has previously driven give any tips I.e best route.
Thanks in advance

Re: Who has previously driven to Norwich

Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:55 am

Bonner wrote:Going sat, have not yet planned route, can anyone who has previously driven give any tips I.e best route.
Thanks in advance

M4, M25 North, M11 (I think, it's well signposted). Lovely drive from then on, beautiful part of the world. Norwich is stunning (but a graveyard for Bluebird hopes...let's correct that Saturday!) Could take about 4.5 hours. Have a good day up there.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:12 am

City Slicker wrote:
Bonner wrote:Going sat, have not yet planned route, can anyone who has previously driven give any tips I.e best route.
Thanks in advance

M4, M25 North, M11 (I think, it's well signposted). Lovely drive from then on, beautiful part of the world. Norwich is stunning (but a graveyard for Bluebird hopes...let's correct that Saturday!) Could take about 4.5 hours. Have a good day up there.

Cheers.. my first trip there so hopefully can bring the Bluebirds luck.

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:34 am

Bonner wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Thanks in advance

I'd probably go M5, M42,M6, A14 and A11 from down there but to be honest I despair with the roads and road maintenance in this country at the moment. Driving back last night, a section of the M6 closed, a section of the M1 closed and a section of the M25 closed. Countless other stretches down to two or even a single lane for miles for quite often best part of nothing going on. Driving back from Cardiff last Friday M4 tunnels closed and diverted through Newport. I'm sure that was going on when I came down for the Norwich game on Friday evening months ago.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:02 am

Thanks in advance

Bloody hell mate - Get on a bus.
That's hell of a drive

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:13 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Thanks in advance

That's hell of a drive

Non alcoholic bus of course :old: :laughing6: :wave: :bluebird:

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:20 am

Bananas wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Thanks in advance

That's hell of a drive

Non alcoholic bus of course :old: :laughing6: :wave: :bluebird:

Oh yes, no drinking on match days. Strictly pop & crisps :laughing6:

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Going to stay overnight.. heard Norwich nice part of world.. and plan to celebrate our victory :-)

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:14 pm

Bonner wrote:Going to stay overnight.. heard Norwich nice part of world.. and plan to celebrate our victory :-)

It's a lovely City, stayed there before.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:09 pm

epping blue wrote:
Bonner wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
Thanks in advance

I'd probably go M5, M42,M6, A14 and A11 from down there but to be honest I despair with the roads and road maintenance in this country at the moment. Driving back last night, a section of the M6 closed, a section of the M1 closed and a section of the M25 closed. Countless other stretches down to two or even a single lane for miles for quite often best part of nothing going on. Driving back from Cardiff last Friday M4 tunnels closed and diverted through Newport. I'm sure that was going on when I came down for the Norwich game on Friday evening months ago.

I travelled to and from East England where I lived for over a decade and the M5 (North), M42, M6 (South), A14, A11 route was recommended to me by a lorry driver and would be my recommendation to you. I’ve put the North and South in brackets, not to be pedantic, but so that you don’t end up nearly in Manchester like I did due to getting geographically misplaced (I wasn’t lost, honestly).

Then again, it depends where you live in Wales, but I like the idea of avoiding the busy M25. Safe trip!

Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 pm

It’s about 280 miles from Barry. Did it via the M42 M6 A14 route. Depending on the traffic and how long you stop for a break, allow up to 6 hours, but might be closer to 5 with a clear run.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Thanks for info, decided to make weekend of it, travelling g up 2mor afternoon, back on Sunday..
Bluebirds

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:48 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
Bonner wrote:Going to stay overnight.. heard Norwich nice part of world.. and plan to celebrate our victory :-)

It's a lovely City, stayed there before.

Lovely city quite small so everything easy to get to, been with missus and for the football. You will enjoy, we need a win mind. :thumbup: